eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Life Abroad

Notices

Life Abroad All about life away from home

Old November 11th, 2005, 09:33 AM
Senior eCharchan

28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute
Chor Saale!

Guys,

I am feeling so saddened by this episode and thought I will share this with you.. Me and my wife decided to go grocery shopping yesterday and it was kinda of late (after 9.00 PM).. We went to a nearby Asian Market which sells good Sabzi and is open till late at night.. I noticed another desi couple who walked in just at the same time as we did... Both of them were dressed trendy and looked well to do.. I noticed them once or twice again bagging vegetables, near the meat section etc..Now this is a fresh Produce place..You bag your own stuff and you have to go to the checkout and the person there weighs and charges you the amount for the stuff purchased..

This Market has a lot of checkout lanes but understandably, most of the lanes are closed due to low traffic of customers at night.. We were waiting for our turn in an open checkout lane when i saw the desi couple passing through a closed check out lane and casually walking out of the store with a cart full of bags...

Now I did not want to raise an alarm because I wasn't sure but the more I think about that episode, the more I am convinced that they stole..

It saddens me to see people doing such things especially desis..

Old November 11th, 2005, 10:41 AM
Ruler of Middle Earth

compukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond reputecompukid has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Chor Saale!

Are you sure, it was the vegetables that were being stolen? Are you sure they were a couple ? I get the feelin somethin else was bein stolen
Just a few Q on a Fri morning...dunt mind..?
Old November 11th, 2005, 11:33 AM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28virgo
Guys,

I am feeling so saddened by this episode and thought I will share this with you.. Me and my wife decided to go grocery shopping yesterday and it was kinda of late (after 9.00 PM).. We went to a nearby Asian Market which sells good Sabzi and is open till late at night.. I noticed another desi couple who walked in just at the same time as we did... Both of them were dressed trendy and looked well to do.. I noticed them once or twice again bagging vegetables, near the meat section etc..Now this is a fresh Produce place..You bag your own stuff and you have to go to the checkout and the person there weighs and charges you the amount for the stuff purchased..

This Market has a lot of checkout lanes but understandably, most of the lanes are closed due to low traffic of customers at night.. We were waiting for our turn in an open checkout lane when i saw the desi couple passing through a closed check out lane and casually walking out of the store with a cart full of bags...

Now I did not want to raise an alarm because I wasn't sure but the more I think about that episode, the more I am convinced that they stole..

It saddens me to see people doing such things especially desis..

are u nuts! All desi stores have CCTV, so its very likely that the couple knew the store owner
Old November 11th, 2005, 12:13 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Many desi stores and chinese stores in Bay Area dont necessarily have a person actually monitoring the CCTV in some security back room.

If people have done such an act of stealing then its really sick. If you are sure they did this and you see them next time, you could give a knowing smile or just comment - "Can you help me with my groceries today?".

Well, what can I say? Some people steal and its sad. I have seen such an incident at our local Costco but it ended with cops arresting the man.

It so happened that we were waiting outside the Costco store to grab a bite of pizza. Two cops came and stood there at the entrance. We were wondering whats going on. Soon a man came out with a shopping cart full of stuff. Then another man, dressed in casuals, came behind him and signalled to the cops. The cops stopped the first man and the man how had signalled came and opened one box from the cart. The box was sort of flat like a Fedex box and contained a wall clock. Out came a small packet of CDs from this box. Apparently the shop lifter had put a small box of CDs inside the bigger box and sneaked it out.

Costco has several cameras and someone does monitor you all the time you are inside the store. The shoplifter was arrested and the cops took him towards their car. His car was parked near it. I was surprised to note that this man's car was an old model Porsche Targa!! He wanted to pick up something from his car and the cops allowed him to. Decent looking man, driving a old Porsche, shoplifting CDs!!!

Well it takes all kinds...
Old November 11th, 2005, 12:17 PM
Banned

TerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhurandhar
are u nuts! All desi stores have CCTV, so its very likely that the couple knew the store owner
That reminds me that the desi store owners watch the desis more carefully than the goras. (prolly bcoz. of such desis)
Old November 11th, 2005, 01:24 PM
Senior eCharchan

28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's why I was surprised dude.. This store has a lot of Security Cameras but looks like what echarcha said seems to be true.. Nobody was manning CCTV it seems.. I mean what else can there be..

I saw them walking out without paying for the stuff..

I mean is this all worth it? socho agar pakde jaate tow.. Kitni insult hoti
Old November 11th, 2005, 01:38 PM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's why I was surprised dude.. This store has a lot of Security Cameras but looks like what echarcha said seems to be true.. Nobody was manning CCTV it seems.. I mean what else can there be..

I saw them walking out without paying for the stuff..

I mean is this all worth it? socho agar pakde jaate tow.. Kitni insult hoti

Ho saktaa hai ki woh couple dukaan waale ke rishtedaar ho. Ya fir usike ghar kaa member.
Old November 11th, 2005, 01:41 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmthaLal
Ho saktaa hai ki woh couple dukaan waale ke rishtedaar ho. Ya fir usike ghar kaa member.
Arey yaar Korean/Chinese kaise ban gaye desi ke rishtedaar?..
Kaafi door ka rishta lagta hai
Old November 11th, 2005, 01:49 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute

I think unfair ... why single out your fellow countryman and his woman? They all do it ... I mean people of middle east background are the worst offenders. Color and creed got nothing to do with that. Besides ... this couple could be the owner of the shop or owns a Daba and have an account ...

Sensing somerthing wrong and as a law abiding citizen ... it was your civil duty to apprehend them ... noh? So ... in a nutshell ... we dont know who they were but you failed in your duty.

Shem on you.

Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old November 11th, 2005, 02:01 PM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Arey yaar Korean/Chinese kaise ban gaye desi ke rishtedaar?..
Kaafi door ka rishta lagta hai

OOooooops.

May be they were Paaki's then...

J/k...
Old November 11th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric_yogi
I think unfair ... why single out your fellow countryman and his woman? They all do it ... I mean people of middle east background are the worst offenders. Color and creed got nothing to do with that. Besides ... this couple could be the owner of the shop or owns a Daba and have an account ...

Sensing somerthing wrong and as a law abiding citizen ... it was your civil duty to apprehend them ... noh? So ... in a nutshell ... we dont know who they were but you failed in your duty.

Shem on you.

TY sahab maine to jo dekha woh bata raha hoon.. Question of singling somebody out does not arise..Sharm to unko aani chahiye who did this

You mean to say I should have made a citizens arrest?
Old November 12th, 2005, 07:32 PM
the Centre Right Indian!

rameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Chor Saale!

Quote:
was expecting a reply like this from you!

Captain R Harshan
Ashok Chakra, 2 PARA SF,
Indian Army.
Old November 12th, 2005, 08:32 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshp
was expecting a reply like this from you!
Never Mind Dude!

Btw,.. did you take the editorial membership of NYTimes? I am seriously considering taking it...
Old November 12th, 2005, 10:51 PM
honest lawyer ;-)

lawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond repute

surprised the alarm didn't go off!? didnt the store have one of those security systems?
Old November 13th, 2005, 07:32 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawgirl707
surprised the alarm didn't go off!? didnt the store have one of those security systems?
Upto my knowledge that goes off on items which have a barcode..