eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old May 1st, 2002, 10:20 AM
Junior eCharchan

vivek_lahoti is on a distinguished road
Unhappy climate of our cities

42 degrees temprature in Pune!!! Pune is getting hotter than hell.
I remember just 5-6 years back, when the temperature had risen to 38 degrees, people were saying that it was an unusually hot summer. And that was towards the end of May.
I think the main reason for such a drastic change in the weather is because of development too fast and cutting down of trees and deforestation.
Places like kothrud, aundh, baner, koregaon, pradhikaran, parvati etc.etc. were the places which were lush with trees and you could go there anytime for freash air and cool breeze. Thatís what kept pune cool. Now that all these places have turned into concrete jungles, we are bound to face the wrath of nature.
I remember walking down FC road felt so good because of the trees, but now its like hell and pollution.
I was out the other day with udara, a shri lankan friend of mine, who was in India for some purpose and we decided to just freak out on Saturday nite on MG road. BOOOOY. The places was soooooo crowded and polluted and hot even at 11:00, we wished we would have sat at home and watched some movie instead.
I wish we could do something about the environment around us.
Thatís the story in pune. Hows it in your city. Do you feel any drastic change in the climate recently? Felt like doing something about it?
Old May 1st, 2002, 10:29 AM
Senior eCharchan

nydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to all
Yes. I had the same feeling when I was in Pune recently. Even in Feb/March it was hot. The pollution and the heat was pretty bad.