eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Science and Technology > Technology

Notices

Technology Discuss all things technology that dont fit in the Computing forum...

Old July 31st, 2010, 08:57 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Honda Accord Transmission

i bought an old y2K accord from an acquaintance and it has been runniong fine. However, around a week back i pushed full throttle to start from a signal when the check engine sign came up and the D4 sign started blinking.
Next day the D4 sin stopped blinking but the check engine sign was on. . i got this checked and was told it is a PO780 error and that i should go to AAMCO. The check engine sign also has disappeared since.

The guy over there told me that there seems to be a problem with transmission and that it is slipping gears (not that i ever felt it). They would have to open it and figure out what is wrong and the cost is $900 plus whatever they find wrong.

I interpret that Amco guy as- ' Tera waat lag gaya' Jitna der karega utna aur vaat lagega'. But me wondering if this is more of a false alarm and do i really need to gor for it.

Has anybody else faced something similar.

Any inputs or workarounds will be welcome.
Old July 31st, 2010, 09:07 PM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Honda Accord Transmission

10 yrs old. Hmmm....

He may be right.
Seems like you need new trans. If you are lucky, might be only clutch.
But you will end up paying for checking. Because they have to take it down to find the fault.

I say think twice.

How many miles you got on it? and how long further you intend to keep it.

I say even if you want to use it one more year, its worth getting repaired. Because Honda engines runs for 200K+ miles easily if they are maintained regularly.
Old August 1st, 2010, 09:22 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Lal Ji, It has 108k miles (107 when i got it). i hardly drive 500 miles every month.
Old August 1st, 2010, 01:24 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
Lal Ji, It has 108k miles (107 when i got it). i hardly drive 500 miles every month.
Get it fixed... especially if it means getting a new car after dumping this one. It will always be cheaper to get it fixed.

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless