eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > Crowning Glory

Notices

Crowning Glory A home for our best content ... award winning created by eCharchans!!

Old November 28th, 2015, 05:27 AM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Boycott Amir Khan who feels unsafe in our 'intolerant' nation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawgirl707 View Post
Speak for yourself. I'm saying I feel the same way sometimes and question whether I should leave the country because of the things that bother me. So I fully empathise with Aamir / Kiran. Doesn't mean that I will leave the country in a haste but all I'm saying is I have all the right to say that I feel like leaving sometimes. And I don't have the snapdeal app to have installed in the first place so I don't relate to showing my protest by uninstalling an app. I find that very juvenile - just like returning awards.
Lawgirl, welcome back.
The issue is not about leaving the country or not. It's about the genuinity of the reason behind it. Eg. If someone says there is too much corruption, his or her genuinity won't be doubted much.

This Khan is the most hypocrite of all. Like other pseudo-seculars he wants to earn mileage. Worse, he presents himself as just a "kalakar" thereby claiming that his sentiments are shared by average common Indian.

Do you think situation has become like worst ever? Can you name some incidents on ground which indicate "intolerance like never before"?

Please don't fall into the traps of these hypocrites.
Old November 28th, 2015, 05:32 AM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute

These folks are indicating that there is too much intolerance & initiating a debate on a false premise. Too much of this debate may be a good-enough reason for someone to leave the country.

These hypocrites will then claim that " I told ya, things are not good enough & u r feeling like us".

They want to have the cake & eat it too. Don't let them.
Old November 28th, 2015, 06:26 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Speak for yourself. I'm saying I feel the same way sometimes and question whether I should leave the country because of the things that bother me. So I fully empathise with Aamir / Kiran. Doesn't mean that I will leave the country in a haste but all I'm saying is I have all the right to say that I feel like leaving sometimes. And I don't have the snapdeal app to have installed in the first place so I don't relate to showing my protest by uninstalling an app. I find that very juvenile - just like returning awards.
Of course its juvenile because you didn't even understand the matter and starting arguing. It's not about leaving country for greener pastures or because of bad infra, that can be expected in a developing country.

Amir the billionaire says his wife wanna leave India because of 'intolerance'. Do you get it at least now? I can't state things any clearer.

Why i speak for others is.. Neither Sunit, nor Amtha, nor sgars, nor Sane less, nor me left india because of a reason other than better opportunities.
Old November 28th, 2015, 06:32 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
As they say in all meetings, does he or any of earlier award returnees have specific data points to show exactly what has happened in the last 8 months.

The only valid point among all these returnees was made by Kundan Shah who said that he would not have been able to make Jaane Bhi do Yaaron with the Draupadi Scene right now. Agree but nothing new about it. 13 years back, Deepa Mehta was unable to film 'Water', and we had protests over a lot of things. In 1994, Ya Mustafa Changed to Ya Dilruba after Imam of Jama Masid complained on it.

Original one
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

new one
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

Of course, Public memory is like Ghazni character and no one remembers what happened more than a few months ago

As Kundan Shah admitted, they are waking up to intoleranc now (Which is still far less compared to many neighbors or many countries in the world), but this has always been there.

Comments on specific happenings -
Dadri Lynching - Sad and action needs to be taken but communal incidents have been happening since independence. Any one remember Moradabad riots which happened when a pig was found near a mosque in 1981/82. Indira Gandhi in her independence day speech promised strict action would be taken, but no one followed up on that.

Beef Ban - Cowslaughter has been banned in most of the states since 60s. Maharashtra CM was just extending this to other cattle. While you find beef, it is not too common (except in Kerala, goa, etc.). And chains like Mcdonalds, Subway and Pizza Hut avoid beef in India.

There was even a Fatwa by Darul Uloom a while back to avoid beef if needed

So, why all this noise now then. It would not take an einstein to figure it out. He is free to make statements, so are others not to watch his movies or use his products.
Old November 28th, 2015, 06:34 AM
Junior eCharchan

Jaggudada is a glorious beacon of lightJaggudada is a glorious beacon of lightJaggudada is a glorious beacon of lightJaggudada is a glorious beacon of lightJaggudada is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Well, in a daily conversation, many people can say, conditions are worsening. What Khans say is slightly different.

1. They are saying intolerance has been growing in last 6-8 months. Here they are jumping on the bandwagon, making a political statement for their inner bias.

2. In the same breadth, they are trying to preach, Terrorists are not true Muslims, Pak is a good neighbor etc this shows whatever they are doing is for their brotherhood, kinship. No problem here, except that same brotherhood is hell bent on 1000 cuts and this is where it gets messy, otherwise it won't be so much of a big deal.

Last edited by Jaggudada; November 28th, 2015 at 06:37 AM.
Old November 28th, 2015, 08:06 AM
honest lawyer ;-)

lawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond repute

intolerance, dictionary definition

unwillingness to accept views, beliefs, or behaviour that differ from one's own.

I think we've just proved it here, no?
Old November 28th, 2015, 08:09 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

unwillingness to accept views, beliefs, or behaviour that differ from one's own.

For a lawyer its their work to not accept others views, who can argue with that?

I proved you didn't understand the issue itself.
Old November 28th, 2015, 08:11 AM
honest lawyer ;-)

lawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond reputelawgirl707 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
For a lawyer its their work to not accept others views, who can argue with that?

I proved you didn't understand the issue itself.
Cool. If that makes you happy... Cheers.
Old November 28th, 2015, 09:23 AM
In search of peace!

Quote:

No. Can you name some incidents on ground which indicate "intolerance like never before"?
Old November 28th, 2015, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Cool. If that makes you happy... Cheers.
So you not accepting my views, makes you intolerant as well? or is there another definition for that? hypocrite perhaps?
Old November 28th, 2015, 10:06 AM
honest lawyer ;-)

Smile Re: Boycott Amir Khan who feels unsafe in our 'intolerant' nation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceSeeker View Post
Lawgirl, welcome back.
The issue is not about leaving the country or not. It's about the genuinity of the reason behind it. Eg. If someone says there is too much corruption, his or her genuinity won't be doubted much.

This Khan is the most hypocrite of all. Like other pseudo-seculars he wants to earn mileage. Worse, he presents himself as just a "kalakar" thereby claiming that his sentiments are shared by average common Indian.

Do you think situation has become like worst ever? Can you name some incidents on ground which indicate "intolerance like never before"?

Please don't fall into the traps of these hypocrites.
It's not about falling into any trap. As a nation we have become more intolerant and there's no doubt about it. It may not be a bad thing if it's channeled in the right or positive direction but these days it's mostly negative. Forget the dadri incident, the ram sene episode in Karnataka etc. I'm not even going there. Look at us on a daily basis. We honk our horns needlessly on roads, we get abusive on social media at the drop of a hat if the views expressed don't match ours, classic example is how those two girls faced shiv Sena ire after posting about their inconveniences on social media around bal Thackeray's funeral, to the extent that their uncle's clinic was vandalised etc. Just a few examples. Countless more. If one cannot tolerate a statement that India is intolerant, how is one tolerant?
Old November 28th, 2015, 10:11 AM
honest lawyer ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
So you not accepting my views, makes you intolerant as well? or is there another definition for that? hypocrite perhaps?
Who said anything about accepting another's views? You have your view point and I have mine. If you think I'm a hypocrite, so be it. It's your point of view. What can I say?

And on a side note to your point about leaving the country for opportunities, there is no dearth of opportunity in India. Nobody's judging you on that front anyway. Everyone has their reasons for leaving though, and if someone considers the social situation as a reason, why not?! Why is your reason for leaving suddenly justified and Aamir's not? Who's the hypocrite now?
Old November 28th, 2015, 11:35 AM

I left for studies and stayed on, didn't say there was a dearth, said better opportunities abroad.. Read my post again or may be read carefully before replying.

Amir has no reason, has he been attacked, is there a rise in crime against minorities? Wtf is intolerance, is it a measure only of online activity, or media propaganda? Why did he give 2 opposite statements in 2 weeks, and media suppressed the positive one?

The examples you cited, you ever thought of the other side, a Police constable crushed to death by Muslims, terrorist attacks, sympathy for terrorists, muslim mobs kicking amar jawan jyoti?
Old November 28th, 2015, 10:38 PM
In search of peace!

Surprised at your naivete LG.
No one claimed that we were or are a perfect society. Since you went back to BT's funeral (which I hope you know was much b4 regime change in India & Maharashtra), we may very well go back to Babri demolition & call India intolerant since ever & forever. That means there is nothin to debate.

So lets first decide what is being debated.

Some are saying that things have changed too much too soon while other are denying it. I thot this was it.
Old November 28th, 2015, 11:18 PM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute

Aamir Khan reveals: "India mujhe kabhi pasand hi nahin tha!"

I AGREE

Sent from my iPhone.