eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > Crowning Glory

Notices

Crowning Glory A home for our best content ... award winning created by eCharchans!!

Old December 17th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Devyani Khobragade incident: What's your take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
In any case , diplomatic immunity will probably save the day for DK.
Ok I take this back - she does not have diplomatic immunity.
Of course she has some privileges that were denied.
Only US knows why.

Last edited by Napolean; December 17th, 2013 at 01:19 PM.
Old December 17th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Devyani Khobragade row: Delhi Police remove barricades outside U.S. embassy (Update/Khobragade Row)

New Delhi, Dec 17 (ANI): After receiving a direction from the government, the Delhi Police has begun removing barricades placed outside the U.S. embassy in Delhi.
The removal of the security barriers was one among a series of tough measures being taken against American diplomats based at the embassy in Delhi and in consulates all over the country to let Washington know that the Indian Government is extremely upset over the treatment meted to one of its diplomats, Devyani Khobragade, in New York.
Strongly protesting against Khobragade's arrest, strip search and her being lodged as a common criminal with drug addicts in a New York prison on alleged charges of committing visa fraud, before being released on bail, the Indian Government, according to a television channel report, is reported to be considering the following measures:

(1) Asked all U.S. consulate personnel and their families to turn in their identity cards.

(2) A ban on import clearances for the American Embassy and Consulates.

(3)Withdrawal of airport passes and clearances for American diplomats based in India.

(4)Asking for salary details of Indian staff employed with the U.S. Embassy and consulates.

(5) Asked Delhi Police to remove all security barricades outside the U.S. Embassy and consulates and

(6) Visa details and salaries of teachers employed with the American School in Delhi and in consulate-run schools in other cities.

Simultaneously, political leaders cut across party lines to refuse to meet a U.S. Congress delegation till the diplomatic row is resolved.
Senior leaders like Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar, Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde, Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi and BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi have refused to meet the U.S. Congress delegation.

National Security Advisor Shiv Shankar Menon cancelled meetings in Delhi with the delegation. Menon has described Khobragade's treatment as "despicable and barbaric."
Khobragade is India's Deputy Consul General in New York.

Earlier, External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid met Khobragade's father, Uttam Khobragade, at his office here, and said after the meeting: "It is completely unacceptable... We have put in motion what we believe will be an effective way to address this issue and protect her dignity... Everything that can be done, will be done."

Khurshid, however, met a U.S. Congress delegation, and is reported to have conveyed New Delhi's displeasure over the arrest and subsequent treatment of Khobargade.
"We have expressed our sense of disquiet. We have communicated the essence we feel, both in diplomatic terms, but also feel distress due to the human element. Our sense has been adequately communicated to our friends in the U.S.," Khurshid said today.

Uttam Khobragade, a former IAS officer, said: "My daughter is brave, but I am worried. There is more than what meets the eye. She has not done anything wrong."

Devyani Khobragade, 39, was arrested on Thursday on the street while she was dropping her daughter to school and was handcuffed in public.
She was later released on a USD 250,000 bail. She has been accused of lying on the visa application for an Indian national who worked at her home from November 2012 to June 2013 for less than four dollars an hour. (ANI)

http://in.news.yahoo.com/devyani-kho...122800728.html
Old December 17th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
btw, Devyani Ko-bra-de-de looks more like an actress than a diplomat.. apparently she's a doctor who entered the IFS.
I'm surprised you missed that Khobragade is living to her name.

Khob-ragade (khob approximates as khuub as in much...ragade can be translated to toil)...she is demanding much toil for less pay
Old December 17th, 2013, 11:47 PM
Instant Mischief

Budmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Devyani Khobragade incident: What's your take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
Devyani Khobragade row: Delhi Police remove barricades outside U.S. embassy (Update/Khobragade Row)

(1) Asked all U.S. consulate personnel and their families to turn in their identity cards.

(2) A ban on import clearances for the American Embassy and Consulates.

(3)Withdrawal of airport passes and clearances for American diplomats based in India.

(4)Asking for salary details of Indian staff employed with the U.S. Embassy and consulates.

(5) Asked Delhi Police to remove all security barricades outside the U.S. Embassy and consulates and

(6) Visa details and salaries of teachers employed with the American School in Delhi and in consulate-run schools in other cities.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/devyani-kho...122800728.html

Well done
It is called Indian diplomacy...... soft-soft but the same treatment for even USA too.
Old December 18th, 2013, 12:55 AM
Senior eCharchan

krantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty View Post

As far as strip search is concerned, she is hot.... I would strip search her......

I don't know about others... but I find this statement extremely repulsive.
Some incident I would like to term as "state conducted rape of highly placed Indian official", you are saying you would do the same. How insensitive can you be?
Old December 18th, 2013, 03:00 AM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by krantikari View Post
you are saying you would do the same. How insensitive can you be?
Of course. I would help and join Dirty if given a chance.. sttate gayi teyl lene.. I have the power and there is a hot girl.. hey gun.. bullet.. ready aim fire..

Kranti repulsion gayi teyl lene..and besides like Poles repel.. that is simbul physics.. so you are as repulsive as we are.. action and reaction equal and opposite.. newtown 3rd law physics as for DK, hey north pole south pole attract.. simbul... you cannot negate science.. so eat it.
Old December 18th, 2013, 06:30 AM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

Do the EC members based in India read the news or rely on US-based members to provide current updates?

http://www.ndtv.com/article/cheat-sh...-lateststories

Devyani Khoobragade has been given full diplomatic immunity.
Old December 18th, 2013, 06:39 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

By the way, is strip search a standard protocol for criminal charges? If yes, I do not see how diplomatic immunity would protect her an give her privileges.
I find it absurd that the actual charge against her is sidelined an she is being made a hero.
Old December 18th, 2013, 06:52 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi
By the way, is strip search a standard protocol for criminal charges? If yes, I do not see how diplomatic immunity would protect her an give her privileges.
I find it absurd that the actual charge against her is sidelined an she is being made a hero
There is more to this than meets the eye.. I watched a couple debates on TV.. clearly all the diplomats of other nations are doing same thing, why was she singled out, that too treated like a common criminal when her position demands at least some respect. Handcuffing her in public at her daughter's school, strip searching indicate they are making an example of her, even searching cavities . They could have approached Consul-General (her boss), and arrested her from office. She is not a flight risk, indicated by her getting the bail easily.

Apparently the maid's tickets, boarding, medical insurance and other expenses are partly from her income.. so she will never get the complete pay. Much like how IT employees from India complain how they never get paid equal to those hired in the states. The companies factor in their investment on you.. expenses like money for moving you & family, paying for your visa, risk if you leave the job soon after coming here, etc.
Old December 18th, 2013, 07:04 AM
Senior eCharchan

sanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond repute

Some Bharat-waasis casually mistreat domestic help, paying them a pittance while overworking them. Economic conditions and labour laws are different in USA and India. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if a US prosecutor found the way the domestic help was treated by this lady to be inhumane. Not that I know how she treated the domestic help.
Old December 18th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
There is more to this than meets the eye.. I watched a couple debates on TV.. clearly all the diplomats of other nations are doing same thing, why was she singled out, that too treated like a common criminal when her position demands at least some respect. Handcuffing her in public at her daughter's school, strip searching indicate they are making an example of her, even searching cavities . They could have approached Consul-General (her boss), and arrested her from office. She is not a flight risk, indicated by her getting the bail easily.

Apparently the maid's tickets, boarding, medical insurance and other expenses are partly from her income.. so she will never get the complete pay. Much like how IT employees from India complain how they never get paid equal to those hired in the states. The companies factor in their investment on you.. expenses like money for moving you & family, paying for your visa, risk if you leave the job soon after coming here, etc.
I am only saying what I am reading. I am not telling that the way she was treated was right. It was abhorable...for a visa fraud. However, the charges which were originally laid on her (false as it may) were human trafficking and it was a criminal charge. I am guessing some protocols were not followed when she was arrested but when it comes to criminal charges, is anyone an exception to the rule how they are treated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayt View Post
Some Bharat-waasis casually mistreat domestic help, paying them a pittance while overworking them. Economic conditions and labour laws are different in USA and India. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if a US prosecutor found the way the domestic help was treated by this lady to be inhumane. Not that I know how she treated the domestic help.
When it comes to dometic help, i dont think there are any labor laws in India. Correct me if I am wrong.
Old December 18th, 2013, 07:23 AM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post

When it comes to dometic help, i dont think there are any labor laws in India. Correct me if I am wrong.
Actually, there are. There is even a minimum wage, believe it or not. Nobody follows it, thats a different situation
Old December 18th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Senior eCharchan

sanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond reputesanjayt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not quite sure. But I think there are laws. They are casually flouted. They are not enforced. I know there are laws regulating child labour.

I see a lot of self-righteous indignation on this issue in India. Maybe it's justified from an international law point of view, since there seems to be some ambiguity in that area.

But I'll say one thing. Everyone with "influence", even mid-level bureaucrats, get away with everything here. When other countries take their laws seriously, it baffles folks here.

BTW, trafficking is a huge problem in India. Both trafficking of women and trafficking of children.
Old December 18th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I find it absurd that the actual charge against her is sidelined an she is being made a hero.
I was just joking. Who know if she was even strip searched. She may as well be lying. As far as handcuffing is concerned, I have full reason to believe that she must not have cooperated with the arrest and must have thrown her weight around, forcing cops to handcuff her and take her in.

Being in babu family , she is used to people grovelling at her feet but not here buddy, this is US. Everyone is treated equal except lawyer, then you can get away with anything.....

She fucking deserves it ........ Bloody Indians......

Here are her quotes.......

Quote:
'I went through the indignity of being arrested and treated like a common criminal and came out in court composed despite having broken down several times before as I was stripped, swabbed, fingerprinted, handcuffed, held in a common holding room with drug addicts, because I knew I had to remain dignified and composed for my friends, family and countrymen who would watch me as I come out,
' Dr Khobragade told close friends.

Aware of the negative comments posted about her on social media, Dr Khobragade told one friend, 'Now the attacks are moving to my personal integrity and I am beginning to fall apart.'

Foreign Secretary Sujatha Singh and other senior Indian diplomats have rallied behind Dr Khobragade and are in receipt of her e-mail where she said,
Quote:
'Only my friends know how I live here in Manhattan, saving every penny, trudging my children through subways to school and back, rushing to work and running to events thereafter, mornings and evenings respectively, buying groceries in bulk at Costco (a store where goods are available cheaply) and Jackson Heights (the South Asian enclave in Queens, New York) to save money, never entering a store since I came to the city to avoid the temptation to shop, allowing myself the luxury of cabs only when the children are around, of eating out only when I'm returning meal courtesies to my friends.'

'The first shopping I did was allowing myself some few warm winter things this Thanksgiving sale.'

'Life in New York has not been easy for me,'
she wrote.

Fucking bitch , that's how rest of the world lives............. You were cheap but still wanted a full time nanny ? What a jerk ? Bhangi Bai Biotch
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.

Last edited by dirty; December 18th, 2013 at 07:43 AM.
Old December 18th, 2013, 07:53 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

btw, I think the names of the maid and the diplomat may have been alternated.

maid is Sangeeta Richards

diplomat is Devyani Khobragade

I also heard that Devyani had complained to state dept about some issues with her visa.. so may be thats why the maid lied about things for revenge.