eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > Crowning Glory

Notices

Crowning Glory A home for our best content ... award winning created by eCharchans!!

Old November 4th, 2011, 01:53 AM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mahadev Shiv - the Supreme, the Ultimate

Murdeshwar is a big idol but the above is different one...

The pic of Murdeshwar (Bhatkal, Karnataka) below should give a clear idea of the idol size.

Old November 4th, 2011, 09:43 AM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute

Bholey is called Bholey because he is a naive unsophisticated type.

He is not 'andar kuch bahar kuch' type.

He does not understand or interest himself in 'behind the scenes' details.

He takes things at face value.

This nature of Bholey has been taken advantage of by many a smartypants.

The Bhasmasur story is one of the popular ones.
Old November 4th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Senior eCharchan

Premi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceSeeker View Post
The Bhasmasur story is one of the popular ones.
you want us to google for that story....

if you have little time to type it or ctrlC ctrlV then enlighten us.
Old November 4th, 2011, 09:58 AM
In search of peace!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premi View Post
you want us to google for that story....

if you have little time to type it or ctrlC ctrlV then enlighten us.
i will post it in some time. no googling or ctrl-c ctrl-v. i will type what i know in my own words.
Old November 4th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Senior eCharchan

Premi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i will post it in some time. no googling or ctrl-c ctrl-v. i will type what i know in my own words.

Thanks.
Old November 4th, 2011, 10:39 AM
In search of peace!

Bhasmasur was a demon who was a ardent Shiv bhakt.

He did penance and meditated [tapasya] to make Mahadev happy. Bholey was happy and asked him what he wishes.

He asked for immortality which Bholey refused.

He then asked for a vardaan that who-so-ever's head he places his hand on, turns into ash [bhasm]. Mahadev granted him the wish.

Bhasmasur then immediately tried to place his hand on Mahadev's head. Bholey had to run to save himself.

Why did Bholey run? To save himself? Or to save the entire creation? He is not just responsible for himself but the creation too. So he must save himself.

Vishnu came to the rescue. He took the avatar of a beauiful woman called Mohini. Bhasmasur saw Mohini and was totally lattu over her [who wouldnt have?].

Mohini asked him to dance with her matching her steps. He gladly agreed.

After dancing for considerable time, as one of the dance postures, Mohini placed her hand on her head. Bhasmasur did the same. And his own granted wish came true on himself.

Mahadev was saved and so was Trilok.

Everyone should now know why dance and music are considered haraam. They make one lose the focus of the target.
Old November 4th, 2011, 11:44 AM
In search of peace!

I received two reps for this thread. Participation will be appreciated too
Old November 4th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
I received two reps for this thread. Participation will be appreciated too

I will too ... but need to spread first.
Old November 4th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

With my personal experience I would say Shivji is real powerful and really bhola.At times I blackmail him and he surrenders to my wishes,Sorry Bhole Baba
Old November 4th, 2011, 11:59 AM
In search of peace!

The holy ganges emanates from the head of Gangadhar.

If you visit Vaisho Devi, there is a spot 'shiv-ganga' which you shouldn't miss.

It takes juts 10 to 15 minutes to visit just after you come out from Mata's darshan. And imagine, you get to glance and experience things which are supposed to be 'stories'.

Old November 4th, 2011, 12:00 PM
In search of peace!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
With my personal experience I would say Shivji is real powerful and really bhola.At times I blackmail him and he surrenders to my wishes,Sorry Bhole Baba
thoda detail mein batao please. sorry private mein bol dena.
Old November 4th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

There is a Shiv temple near my house and I visit it once a day agar time mila to twice also.I speak to him and instead of him solving my problem in his way I give him the solution to my problem and get it done in my way,bechara mujhse bahut pareshan hoga
I'll keep the blackmailing part to myself or else everyone will be blackmailing my Bhola Baba
Quote:
thoda detail mein batao please. sorry private mein bol dena.
Old November 4th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Senior eCharchan

motowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond repute

Great thread, PS bhai

Can you or someone explain the story/legend behind the Shiv ling? Is it really what it is said to be? And why are women supposed to pour milk over it?
Old November 4th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by motowner View Post
Great thread, PS bhai

Can you or someone explain the story/legend behind the Shiv ling? Is it really what it is said to be? And why are women supposed to pour milk over it?
Not milk .. you're just supposed to keep it wet. Water will do. Milk is more auspicious. Much less gross than PJ, anyway.
Old November 4th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Senior eCharchan

motowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyfinger View Post
Not milk .. you're just supposed to keep it wet. Water will do. Milk is more auspicious. Much less gross than PJ, anyway.
But why keep it wet? And why is it worshipped?

(I purposely didnt use a smiley.. Peacey is going to be pissed if we drive this thread in a different direction)