eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > Crowning Glory

Notices

Crowning Glory A home for our best content ... award winning created by eCharchans!!

Old October 13th, 2011, 08:07 AM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute
Prashant Bhushan assaulted in his SC chamber

Prashant Bhushan beaten up for his Kashmir comments
NEW DELHI: Senior Supreme Court advocate and key Team Anna member Prashant Bhushan was beaten up in his chamber on Wednesday afternoon allegedly for his comments on Kashmir.

Prashant Bhushan was speaking to Times Now news channel when the two attackers barged into his office in the New Lawyers Chamber opposite the Supreme Court.

One of the attackers slapped, dragged and punched Bhushan repeatedly. The attacker pinned him down on the floor and kicked on his chest.

As the staff and others gathered, one of the two attackers managed to escape while the other was caught and handed over to the police.

The attackers entered Prashant Bhushan's office claiming that they had an appointment with him.

After the attack, Bhushan said it appeared that the men targeted him for his stand on Jammu and Kashmir.

"They were saying that I have made some comments on Kashmir to which they were taking objection. I have said that a referendum should be held in Kashmir," he said.

Delhi Police have registered a case and one person has been arrested.

Home minister P Chidambaram has condemned the attack on Prashant Bhushan. He said Delhi police was looking for the second attacker.

Activist Kiran Bedi called the attack shocking and shameful. "I am very distressed. But you got evidence, I think these people will be in jail for a long time now," she said in an interview to Times Now.

"It shows the amount of intolerance level we have reached. I don't know what they are him up for, but they don't know they are beating up such a good man who continues to work for the community day in and day out," Bedi said.

According to Times Now, the two attackers belong to Bhagat Singh Kranti Sena. The attackers told Times Now that they were provoked by Bhushan's comments on Kashmir.

Bhushan filed an FIR against the attackers. He has been taken to Ram Manohar Lohia hospital for check-up and treatment.

In an earlier interview, Prashant had reportedly said that the Kashmiri people should be given 'azadi' if they don't want to live with India. He had also reportedly recommended that withdrawl of Indian army from Kashmir.

(With inputs from PTI)

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE
Old October 13th, 2011, 08:13 AM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Prashant Bhushan assaulted in his SC chamber

I am not sure what is a person supposed to do if someone like Arundhati or a Mehbooba mufti makes a statement which hurt his/her sentiments.

The authorities do nothing. They just do khana poorti. And someone makes a stmt which emotionally stirs you. Do you just keep quiet? I am not sure.

As a a Maharashtrian, if someone says that Mumbai should be seperated from Maharashtra, I get emotionally stirred.

So as an Indian or a Kashmiri, someone else might get stirred on a similar stmt made on his state of JnK. Authorities do nothing.

What do you think is the right course of action?
Old October 13th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Senior eCharchan

marvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond repute

kiran bedi is mastermind
Old October 13th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Hasa Diga Eebowai

Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceSeeker View Post
I am not sure what is a person supposed to do if someone like Arundhati or a Mehbooba mufti makes a statement which hurt his/her sentiments.

The authorities do nothing. They just do khana poorti. And someone makes a stmt which emotionally stirs you. Do you just keep quiet? I am not sure.

As a a Maharashtrian, if someone says that Mumbai should be seperated from Maharashtra, I get emotionally stirred.

So as an Indian or a Kashmiri, someone else might get stirred on a similar stmt made on his state of JnK. Authorities do nothing.

What do you think is the right course of action?
He is not breaking the law by saying what is on his mind. You or others whose sentiments were hurt by his utterances do not have a right to break laws and beat him up. If your counter-opinion is the popular opinion, then I am sure you will find enough support to create an advocacy group that will go against this Bhushan fellow and use whatever legal means you have to discredit his opinions or make sure his opinions dont get the media attention. There are many legal means available.

Do you know the recent Hank Williams Jr story?
Old October 13th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Senior eCharchan

Premi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond repute

after watching rang de basanti people were thinking of forming this kind of sena who take care of corrupt politicians and people who give statements of these kinds.

speaking whats on his mind... if the statement is one step ahead of breaking the nation then he should keep it in his mind only.
Old October 13th, 2011, 09:32 AM
In search of peace!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
He is not breaking the law by saying what is on his mind. You or others whose sentiments were hurt by his utterances do not have a right to break laws and beat him up. If your counter-opinion is the popular opinion, then I am sure you will find enough support to create an advocacy group that will go against this Bhushan fellow and use whatever legal means you have to discredit his opinions or make sure his opinions dont get the media attention. There are many legal means available.

Do you know the recent Hank Williams Jr story?
yaar, des mein halat itne kharab hain ki WHO is speaking matters and not WHAT is being spoken.
authorities could stfu a common man for the whole life if s/he merely opens his mouth. same authorities will sit quietly and watch like monkeys while the powerful issue stmts worse than rape. its happening.
Not heard about hank williams jr..
Old October 13th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Hasa Diga Eebowai

Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premi View Post
after watching rang de basanti people were thinking of forming this kind of sena who take care of corrupt politicians and people who give statements of these kinds.

speaking whats on his mind... if the statement is one step ahead of breaking the nation then he should keep it in his mind only.
I dont think a statement by one guy amounts for anything. Its not like the nation is breaking by this guys statement who is not even affiliated to any political party.

People need to focus on what really matters and not trivial statements by any nathu-gaira.
Old October 13th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Hasa Diga Eebowai

Quote:
yaar, des mein halat itne kharab hain ki WHO is speaking matters and not WHAT is being spoken.
authorities could stfu a common man for the whole life if s/he merely opens his mouth. same authorities will sit quietly and watch like monkeys while the powerful issue stmts worse than rape. its happening.
Not heard about hank williams jr..
Hank Williams Jr is a country singer in the US who recently on a Fox News interview compared Obama to Hitler. He was legally entitled to his freedom of speech, so no action by government. But because of such insensitivity, he lost all his contracts, endorsements etc. That is the right way to somewhat "ostracise" such insensitive jerks.
Old October 13th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Hasa Diga Eebowai

Full time pass and maa bahen on Bhagat Singh Kranti Sena Facebook Page
Old October 13th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Senior eCharchan

Premi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I dont think a statement by one guy amounts for anything. Its not like the nation is breaking by this guys statement who is not even affiliated to any political party.

People need to focus on what really matters and not trivial statements by any nathu-gaira.
kya pata aaj bola hai kal fasting chalu kar de team anna and suddenly the govt is pushed to the corner to give away kashmir.

jaise hi galat bola waise hi akal thikaane pe....
Old October 13th, 2011, 09:55 AM
In search of peace!

dont compare India to US.
99 percent ppl wont take law into their hands if the system does its duty with sincerity honesty and pride..

ppl forced [or, worse, encouraged] to take law in their own hands means that the system is not doing its duty.

the only worse scenario is the system doing the opposite of what its supposed to do [i.e. instilling fear in law-abiding citizens and encouraging criminals]
Old October 13th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Hasa Diga Eebowai

Quote:
dont compare India to US.
99 percent ppl wont take law into their hands if the system does its duty with sincerity honesty and pride..

ppl forced [or, worse, encouraged] to take law in their own hands means that the system is not doing its duty.

the only worse scenario is the system doing the opposite of what its supposed to do [i.e. instilling fear in law-abiding citizens and encouraging criminals]
Are you talking in context with this event or something else? I am talking about this event in particular. Can you tell me what the great Kranti sena did according to the system in the time between the speech and the beating?

In the general context also, I think you are taking the easy way out. You want the system to be corrected with a few punches thrown? Not gonna happen. Whatever the intentions of good minded people are, they lose credibility the minute they take these kind of steps.
Old October 13th, 2011, 10:19 AM
In search of peace!

Quote:
Are you talking in context with this event or something else? I am talking about this event in particular. Can you tell me what the great Kranti sena did according to the system in the time between the speech and the beating?

In the general context also, I think you are taking the easy way out. You want the system to be corrected with a few punches thrown? Not gonna happen. Whatever the intentions of good minded people are, they lose credibility the minute they take these kind of steps.
i did not say that this sena or mr. bhushan did something good or bad.

i am asking what should be the course of action if the system is anti itself?

pls lookup the arundhati roy's thread where a kashmiri seperatist leader said that its going to just one additional FIR against him. a working system would probably get worked up on such a stmt on itself.

Last edited by PeaceSeeker; October 13th, 2011 at 10:23 AM.
Old October 13th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Senior eCharchan

Anna team is well down to earth

Old October 13th, 2011, 09:16 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone from Team Anna needs a thrashing anyways!
Fuckers talked of anti corruption and are campaigning in states where Congress had won last time. But these charlatans dont campaign anywhere a BJP candidate is contesting elections.

Go dig up my posts from earlier on. I knew it that Anna and his team were RSS stooges using Lokpal as an excuse. Kejriwal and Sisodia and the rest have political ambitions and have used a gullible and naive Anna Hazare.

I knew Anna was upto no good but decided to give him a chance. But with their latest 'ONLY ANTI CONGRESS" campaign its clear that Anna is a dyed in the wool FUGGA CHADDI.

If hostage takers like him are allowed to win and come to power, then Saffron Terror is a given reality.

And yes this Bhushan needs to be thrashed.