eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old July 5th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Senior eCharchan

Premi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why you should not abuse alcohol and never take drugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
I had read somewhere that almost all lottery winners in the last couple of decades went through their sudden windfall pretty rapidly and ended up bankrupt or at the same position they were before winning the lottery.

I dont know what happens when you get sudden unexpected amounts of money.

What would happen with me if I won the lottery.

1) Pay off all credit cards (there are very small amounts on each)
2) Put aside a good chunk for retirement and avail of all tax benefits
3) Start a new venture (may not be in software alone, but something related too) with a modest investment
4) Hire a wealth management firm and invest in stocks, mutual funds, etc. and play it safe with conservative growth targets.
5) Hire a full time person to work on things which I always wanted to do besides echarcha. If it works out, then expand the team and continue.
6) Enjoy!!

first five are okay with me too...

problem is sixth one.

Enjoy... it doesnt have the boundaries as we dont have millions from the lottrey yet so our imaginations will run high and wild later and soon we ll be far away from reality and when we hit the rock bottom it ll be too late just as lindsay lohan ....
Old July 5th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premi View Post
first five are okay with me too...

problem is sixth one.

Enjoy... it doesnt have the boundaries as we dont have millions from the lottrey yet so our imaginations will run high and wild later and soon we ll be far away from reality and when we hit the rock bottom it ll be too late just as lindsay lohan ....
No my ideas for 'Enjoy' are very very well defined.

What enjoy means to me.
1) Buy first class air ticket to travel to Europe and do the usual tourist thing - go to popular places, live in comfortable hotels. I am not the adventurous types.

2) Travel a few places within USA and enjoy the stay there.

For these two activities I give myself a couple of months. I am sure I will be bored pretty soon as I dont like travel too much.

3) Buy first class ticket to go back to India. Pay some money to a movie producer and/or director just to be on the sets as a silent observer for a film shoot.

I would like to be on the sets of a Ram Gopal Verma, Prakash Jha, Vishal Bharadwaj, Abbas Mustan, Priyadarshan, David Dhawaan film shoot.

Spend about a month of this. With the money I have, maybe I can be part producer, but be completely silent and a fly on the wall with no interaction with anyone. Just watch.

4) Buy myself a nice mercedes top of the line car. Yes I know there are Lamborghinis and Ferraris and McLarens and Bentleys, but I am a simple Mercedes man. You see, my middle class mentality will not go. I will worry about things like maintenance and car insurance.
Old July 5th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Senior eCharchan

Premi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No my ideas for 'Enjoy' are very very well defined.

What enjoy means to me.
1) Buy first class air ticket to travel to Europe and do the usual tourist thing - go to popular places, live in comfortable hotels. I am not the adventurous types.

2) Travel a few places within USA and enjoy the stay there.

For these two activities I give myself a couple of months. I am sure I will be bored pretty soon as I dont like travel too much.

3) Buy first class ticket to go back to India. Pay some money to a movie producer and/or director just to be on the sets as a silent observer for a film shoot.

I would like to be on the sets of a Ram Gopal Verma, Prakash Jha, Vishal Bharadwaj, Abbas Mustan, Priyadarshan, David Dhawaan film shoot.

Spend about a month of this. With the money I have, maybe I can be part producer, but be completely silent and a fly on the wall with no interaction with anyone. Just watch.

4) Buy myself a nice mercedes top of the line car. Yes I know there are Lamborghinis and Ferraris and McLarens and Bentleys, but I am a simple Mercedes man. You see, my middle class mentality will not go. I will worry about things like maintenance and car insurance.

apart from this film watching and producing thing .. My "enjoy" starts from where yours ends.

I have done it all ... europe, india, US, australia, canada in 1st class and change the benz with BMW.

so it means I m more prone to end up like lohan ma'am.
Old July 5th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
apart from this film watching and producing thing .. My "enjoy" starts from where yours ends.

I have done it all ... europe, india, US, australia, canada in 1st class and change the benz with BMW.

so it means I m more prone to end up like lohan ma'am.
Nahi re ... I have not been so fortunate as to travel the world as many have. Saala paisa aisi cheez hain na.. Always in shortage. Thak gaya hoon taking care of things back home and all that ... never a dime for myself ... fuck ..

Anyway ... ha .. well fuck it ... I only dream of these things ... happy with toyota camry though.
Old July 5th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Nahi re ... I have not been so fortunate as to travel the world as many have. Saala paisa aisi cheez hain na.. Always in shortage. Thak gaya hoon taking care of things back home and all that ... never a dime for myself ... fuck ..

Anyway ... ha .. well fuck it ... I only dream of these things ... happy with toyota camry though.

waayda raha cha pai .. If I win powerball jackpot ....EVER... I ll fulfil ur dreams whereever we are...

if you wish please quote this msg so I cant change it after winning.
Old July 5th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

same here

My dream starts with applying for a passport, travel plans etc etc last.
Old July 5th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
waayda raha cha pai .. If I win powerball jackpot ....EVER... I ll fulfil ur dreams whereever we are...

if you wish please quote this msg so I cant change it after winning.
pakka re ... at least you offered for sending me on a trip.... my situation is very similar to that of another friend where money is concerned... Its not like I crave a lot but trust me ... family obligations complete karte karte saala buddhapa aa gaya ...
Old July 5th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
pakka re ... at least you offered for sending me on a trip.... my situation is very similar to that of another friend where money is concerned... Its not like I crave a lot but trust me ... family obligations complete karte karte saala buddhapa aa gaya ...
saal long weekend ghar pe baitha .. chup chaap ... see number of threads i posted.. bahut time dil karta hain ... ticket nikalo .. kahi fly karo .. kahi jaake timepass karo... lekin phir yaad ata hain ... hmmmm .plane ticket yane 200 300 ka kharcha .. phir hotel .. phir rental car .. phir saala ... jaane do .. echarcha.com karte hain ... kya echarcha yaar .. ghanta life hain... abhi to iccha bhi nahi hoti ... buss tum log ke saath time pass kar liya to utna hi dil behel jaata hain ...
Old July 5th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
saal long weekend ghar pe baitha .. chup chaap ... see number of threads i posted.. bahut time dil karta hain ... ticket nikalo .. kahi fly karo .. kahi jaake timepass karo... lekin phir yaad ata hain ... hmmmm .plane ticket yane 200 300 ka kharcha .. phir hotel .. phir rental car .. phir saala ... jaane do .. echarcha.com karte hain ... kya echarcha yaar .. ghanta life hain... abhi to iccha bhi nahi hoti ... buss tum log ke saath time pass kar liya to utna hi dil behel jaata hain ...

drive karo cha pai drive... aage drawing room peechhe bedroom ...

pathfinder li hai mere eik friend ne ...chinku hai kohima se Gf ke saath ...dono buttke hai ... kidhar bhi camping site pe park karke gaadi main hi rear seat fold down karke so jaate hain ..tent ka bhi kharcha nahi ...
Old July 5th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:

and here I complain ..life is not fair...