eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old February 18th, 2018, 10:44 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute
Ashdoc's movie review---Aiyaary

'Aiyaary' means chameleon like---capable of changing appearance with every situation . That's what I learnt in the film . But director Neeraj Pandey is no chameleon and his films cannot change in style or appearance . His films from 'A wednesday' to 'Baby' to 'Aiyaary' are all in the same format . But it's a format that that is now running dry of new ideas from Neeraj .

Sure , the dose of high nationalism is there . The army spit and polish is there too . Scenes of crisply dressed people looking serious about their intent whether good or bad are there too . High tech gadgetry and latest guns and devices gives you expectations of a taut thriller . Hardly any scene shows the grime and poverty of India ; everyone has a exceptionally high standard of living .

But beneath the martial sounding music and high minded dialogues spouted from the mouth of the protagonists there is nothing . The manner in which the story has been presented is unduly prolonged and convoluted . A lot of unnecessary scenes shown to establish the strength of character of the heroes keep adding to the length of the film . And the film takes it's lesson of nationalism way too seriously but lacks substance .

Photography is good as always and music is patriotically good . But other than Manoj Bajpayee the others don't act well . Siddharth Malhotra looks too delicately goodlooking for a soldier . Both Naseeruddin Shah and Anupam Kher are wasted . Rakul Preet Singh is gorgeous as eye candy . But she is a misfit for a patriotic sounding film .

Instead of what I was expecting ( tough soldiers killing enemies of the nation ) what I got to see was corruption in the army . Which is detected by a person ( Siddharth ) of a special team that is officially non existent but is for military intelligence . And he is so disillusioned by the corruption that he decides to desert the army and turn corrupt himself . But his superior ( Bajpayee ) is after him and chases him to England . But why does an arms dealer ( Anupam ) take enormous risk to help the superior ? And how come the girlfriend ( Rakul ) of the deserter get ready to give up everything and elope with him even though he has been fooling her by not even telling his real name ? Amazingly for such a clever person , his real name is revealed to her when his I card accidentally drops out of his wallet ; can it get more silly than that ? And the fact that exposure of the whole corruption hinges on the testimony of some obscure watchman ( Naseeruddin ) of a building is something that is unconvincing . Kumud Mishra the corrupt armyman looks like a buffoon rather than a villain and Adil Hussein's character looks like from Tom Cruise's Mission Impossible series of movies . Vikram Gokhale does look convincing as the upright army chief however .

The only thing that is believable about the movie is a media desperate for TRPs . But it will take a lot more than that for a film to impress me .

Verdict---Not impressed .

Two stars out of five .
Old February 18th, 2018, 09:20 PM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ashdoc's movie review---Aiyaary

Old May 21st, 2018, 03:25 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

This is on Netflix.. recently added. Lagta hai Aiyaary ki tayyari theek nahi huyi.
Old May 21st, 2018, 09:05 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

ashdoc,

Again you wrote a wordy review.. Arey baba.. Write a shorter version also...

Or as they call it on the net, a TLDR; version.

Your long review is welcome and you can post it to a hundred different social media places, but here, the echarcha uniqueness is that its a very to the point and 'hatke' review.
Old May 22nd, 2018, 04:54 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Iím a big time skeptic.. i canít digest scenes where these Bollywood choots do any kind of magic. The actress (telugu movie actress) takes that chikna actors(heís coming in many movies, i donno his name) laptop.. and within half a minute buys something from flipkart using his credit card.. this is how smart hacker she is .. what a load of crap.
Old May 23rd, 2018, 07:26 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
Iím a big time skeptic.. i canít digest scenes where these Bollywood choots do any kind of magic. The actress (telugu movie actress) takes that chikna actors(heís coming in many movies, i donno his name) laptop.. and within half a minute buys something from flipkart using his credit card.. this is how smart hacker she is .. what a load of crap.
Is it an actress who acts in Telugu movies. After Vijayshanti, there have been no big time gult actresses. That was what the 'protest' by Sree reddy was about.

BTW, is that hacking thing from this Aiyaari.
Old May 23rd, 2018, 07:27 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
'Aiyaary' means chameleon like---capable of changing appearance with every situation . That's what I learnt in the film .
I thought it was yaari between to Aiyars
Old May 23rd, 2018, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
Is it an actress who acts in Telugu movies. After Vijayshanti, there have been no big time gult actresses. That was what the 'protest' by Sree reddy was about.

BTW, is that hacking thing from this Aiyaari.
ya, I've heard of this actress some sardar name she has, hails from Delhi.

Yeah, apparently she is a single woman who is a hacker, so the army guy tries to fool her and learns hacking from her and falls in love. Bugger forgets his wallet on table and attends a call, she sees his army ID card and comes to know he's no businessman but an army guy.. I was thinking she will turn out to be a JNU lady.. that's why she gets so upset.. wishful thinking on my part.

whole movie is crap, illogical actually. Neeraj Pandey has run out of steam, now just reproducing hackneyed twists of his previous successes.
Old May 23rd, 2018, 10:23 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Saw this movie on Netflix... it definitely does not bore you. Has a good pace and interesting story telling... what with plot twists and flashbacks. I liked the movie... will definitely watch this director's movies.

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless

Last edited by Sane Less; May 24th, 2018 at 10:26 AM.
Old May 23rd, 2018, 10:50 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Ashdoc's movie review---Aiyaary

After reading the as usual boring un-echarcha like chewtiya review of ashdoc and not having seen the film (I mostly will never see this), here is how a review for echarcha is written -
  • Two army guys
  • One guy finds everything is corrupt and turns corrupt
  • Other guy is out to catch the corrupt guy and others
  • As its a Hindi film there is the usual song and dance and romance, etc etc
  • Loads of patriotism
  • All bad guys get fucked, good guy is the hero!
  • End of movie

ashdoc, learn to condense your own review and call it a TLDR; review version.... (Now look for what is TLDR; which is a internet social media term)
Old May 23rd, 2018, 11:36 AM
Senior eCharchan

razzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
After reading the as usual boring un-echarcha like chewtiya review of ashdoc and not having seen the film (I mostly will never see this), here is how a review for echarcha is written -
  • Two army guys
  • One guy finds everything is corrupt and turns corrupt
  • Other guy is out to catch the corrupt guy and others
  • As its a Hindi film there is the usual song and dance and romance, etc etc
  • Loads of patriotism
  • All bad guys get fucked, good guy is the hero!
  • End of movie

ashdoc, learn to condense your own review and call it a TLDR; review version.... (Now look for what is TLDR; which is a internet social media term)

Baap re - aisa feedback deta hai code review ke baad apne junior bacchon ko ? i don't ever want to work for you
Old May 23rd, 2018, 05:28 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Talking Re: Ashdoc's movie review---Aiyaary

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzrhino View Post
Baap re - aisa feedback deta hai code review ke baad apne junior bacchon ko ? i don't ever want to work for you
Arey... ashdoc writes reviews in depth and in detail like those professional reviewers do for news papers. Well that is fine and I am okay with it.

But on echarcha, we dont necessarily want the same thing. I come here for getting our echarcha style content. I want to see a 'precis' version of the review.

ashdoc is welcome to continue writing his lenghty wordy reviews... but I am asking him to write a short version too. Maybe it is very difficult to write to the point for folks... but not to me

Look at this example
Old May 23rd, 2018, 05:44 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

And one more example
Old May 23rd, 2018, 06:19 PM

Sutradharji, I actually liked your review on ZNMD.
I do like some of doc ji's reviews. sometimes i read his reviews after i see the movie to find out what i might have forgotten
Old May 23rd, 2018, 09:19 PM

I think Sunit hit it.. in the age of microblogging, you need 280 character review that fits in a tweet or two at most. Everyone is writing those wordy reviews, need a handle which cuts right to the chase.