eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > View - Counter View

Notices

View - Counter View Topics which have two differing view points

Old September 30th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Senior eCharchan

Premi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Egg Veg or Non Veg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollyg View Post
You might find interesting that some bengalis dont consider maach (fish ) as mangsho (meat)

my MIL does not eat chicken and mutton because they are non veg. but shrimp, lobster and fish are not mangsho, and that is fine.

dont know why?

same as sarasvat brahmin from coastal area in maharastra.

brahmin eating fish
Old September 30th, 2010, 02:55 PM
IDLE Treasurer

dollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premi View Post
same as sarasvat brahmin from coastal area in maharastra.

brahmin eating fish

Yeah fish eating vegetarians.

the first time after my marriage, amongst other things i was served a bowl of curry with a big fish head sticking out, i almost wept.

at my mother's, We used to throw the head before frying the fish.

a few months down the line, i realized thats a token of affection, thats considered the tastiest portion of a fresh fish. the head meat.

yadi yada

If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking

Old September 30th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Senior eCharchan

Premi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah fish eating vegetarians.

the first time after my marriage, amongst other things i was served a bowl of curry with a big fish head sticking out, i almost wept.

at my mother's, We used to throw the head before frying the fish.

a few months down the line, i realized thats a token of affection, thats considered the tastiest portion of a fresh fish. the head meat.

yadi yada
I m glad I dont eat fish
Old September 30th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

PETA can tell you if egg is veg or not
Old September 30th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You might find interesting that some bengalis dont consider maach (fish ) as mangsho (meat)

my MIL does not eat chicken and mutton because they are non veg. but shrimp, lobster and fish are not mangsho, and that is fine.

dont know why?
Same with maithil brahmins.... But Maithil Brahmins are supposed to be Ravan's descendants and Ravan was a half-brahmin so they might justify it that way.

As for Bengalis, No bengali worth his salt can say no to phish, chingdi or otherwise.

Old September 30th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Senior eCharchan

Pratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone eaten eggs other than hens eggs?

Ostrich, Caviar etc?

I oppose caviar because in order to obtain it they have to kill the mother fish who is carrying the eggs.
Old September 30th, 2010, 06:36 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratiksha View Post

I oppose caviar because in order to obtain it they have to kill the mother fish who is carrying the eggs.
This I do not understand... you will eat a fish that has been dragged out of the water and left to die (crushed along with thousands of other fish in a net)... and the death usually does not come easy... it may take hours and sometimes it may take days... but a fish that has been killed instantly and eggs taken out, you will not eat

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old September 30th, 2010, 09:08 PM
Senior eCharchan

Pratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond reputePratiksha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
This I do not understand... you will eat a fish that has been dragged out of the water and left to die (crushed along with thousands of other fish in a net)... and the death usually does not come easy... it may take hours and sometimes it may take days... but a fish that has been killed instantly and eggs taken out, you will not eat
She is a pregnant fish. Her kids are taken and she is killed and thrown back into the water. Not good. How will the species survive?

And no I have turned into a Vegeterian for the past 5 years
Old October 1st, 2010, 12:57 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Man is the most important being on the planet. All other living things are to serve man's needs. Period.
Old October 1st, 2010, 01:14 AM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
Man is the most important being on the planet. All other living things are to serve man's needs. Period.
Lagta hai RRBhai ne tereko bhi Quran ka ek copy de diya hai
Old October 1st, 2010, 04:23 AM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
She is a pregnant fish. Her kids are taken and she is killed and thrown back into the water. Not good. How will the species survive?

And no I have turned into a Vegeterian for the past 5 years

u have or havent
Old October 1st, 2010, 08:04 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
And why do you think man is the most important animal on this planet?
Old October 1st, 2010, 08:05 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceSeeker View Post
[/b]
u have or havent
I have
Old October 1st, 2010, 09:16 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And why do you think man is the most important animal on this planet?

I was waiting for someone to say that.. you are right Prats, man isn't the most important being on the planet, WOMAN is
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old October 1st, 2010, 09:18 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by raniraja View Post

I was waiting for someone to say that.. you are right Prats, man isn't the most important being on the planet, WOMAN is
See even that is claimed by a MAN.