eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old September 28th, 2001, 10:55 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Kyon Ke Main Jhoth Nahin Bolta - Govinda shines!

Nowadays Shama insists that we watch all films on VHS and save up due to the recent recession.com and badjobmarket.com going on. Makes sense. Our local video store's Pappaji is cool as he gets the latest films on VHS as soon as they are released.

I will give Kyon Ke Main Jhooth Nahin Bolta starring Govinda, Sushmita Sen, Rambha, Anupam Kher and others a enthusiastic two thumbs up

Well, its a remake by David Dhawan of a couple of English films and some old Hindi films. But overall it is timepass. There is less lewdnessa nd crude humour. Govinda wears proper matching clothes and not the green pants on pink shirt combinations of past.

Movie starts off with Govinda coming to Mumbai to make it big. He is a lawyer. He pataos Anupam Kher's - another big lawyer - daughter Sushmita Sen.

The second half of the movie is a straight lift from two movies - Will Smith's Enemy of the State and Jim Carrey's Liar Liar

Yet David Dhawan keeps a good balance of masala and comedy.

THough I love Govinda and am biased I still feel the movie could have been better if Karsima or Juhi were playing opposite Govinda.

Total Time Pass... Paisa Vasool
Old September 28th, 2001, 11:03 AM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
Humare gaon me ab tak vidio nahi aayaa hai.. aate hi jhapat padungaa.. bahut dino se taak me hoon.. I already knew it was based on liar liar and few others.. but then govinda ka movie kaise miss kar saktaa hoon.. one of the few movie types that I do not miss even if I have a bad headache..
Old September 28th, 2001, 11:05 AM
Senior eCharchan

risingsun has a spectacular aura aboutrisingsun has a spectacular aura aboutrisingsun has a spectacular aura about
I think is movie ka thoda shooting appun jis gaanv mein rahta hai udhar hua hai.
Old September 28th, 2001, 11:40 AM
eCharchan

Spartan is on a distinguished road
Govinda Alaaa re..........

Main bhe bahoot dino se Chi-Chi baba ki movie ka intazaar kar raha tha...Mere gaon main aate he main bhee "jhapat" padoonga ...
Old September 28th, 2001, 04:10 PM
eWoman

Sheena is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by risingsun
I think is movie ka thoda shooting appun jis gaanv mein rahta hai udhar hua hai.
Sunny! Ur right ,govinda khali dance karne tumhare gaavn ata hai,movie ki har song sequence mein

I like this movie comedy movie with good theme

baki to Sunit ne bata hi diya ki kahan se kya Teepa hai movie mein
Old September 28th, 2001, 04:14 PM
AssMan

Fei is on a distinguished road
comon its a copy from Jim Carrey's "Liar, Liar" man these ****in bollywood people need to come up with some original stories like they did with Lagaan and I liked that...
Old September 28th, 2001, 04:22 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Fei
comon its a copy from Jim Carrey's "Liar, Liar" man these ****in bollywood people need to come up with some original stories like they did with Lagaan and I liked that...
Check my post.. I have mentioned which movies this has been lifted from...

But overall a good timepass movie
Old September 28th, 2001, 04:27 PM
AssMan

these C-Grade bollywood directors who have no idea about movies and how to direct are spoling the name of good indian directors like satyajit ray, mrinal sen, adoor gopalakrishnan, shyam benegal, hrishikesh mukherjee and other famous directors from india...they seriously need a lesson in how to direct movies...all they do is lift a story from a hollywood movies and copy them in hindi....they can't even come up with an original story....this is the reason i stay away from these gay mainstream movies...and stick to some of the great art and classic films by renowed directors
Old September 28th, 2001, 05:06 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Art films are great

Quote:
Originally posted by Fei
these C-Grade bollywood directors who have no idea about movies and how to direct are spoling the name of good indian directors like satyajit ray, mrinal sen, adoor gopalakrishnan, shyam benegal, hrishikesh mukherjee and other famous directors from india...they seriously need a lesson in how to direct movies...all they do is lift a story from a hollywood movies and copy them in hindi....they can't even come up with an original story....this is the reason i stay away from these gay mainstream movies...and stick to some of the great art and classic films by renowed directors
Art films really give food to your starving intellect from time to time. But it is these masal flicks which give you toital timepass.

So you cannot wash away masala films.
Old September 28th, 2001, 05:33 PM
AssMan

they do not give me timepass instead they make me realize each time how bad indian films have really gotten....and i laugh at their stupidity everytime they try to make people laugh with their forced comedy

they can't even do comedies right

just compare Golmaal with chal mere bhai.....
Old September 28th, 2001, 09:35 PM
Senior eCharchan

Randheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond repute
fei

Most of the art Directors like "Prakash Jha" and "Shyam Benegal" failed in commericial cinema.Its difficult to make millions like what you like...
Old September 29th, 2001, 09:53 AM
AssMan

the problem is half of india's illetrate people who don't understand good movies....

btw don't compare shyam benegal with prakash jha....shyam benegal is awesome director

see his movie "manthan" and "ankur"