eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old December 11th, 2014, 11:55 AM

badriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond repute
Smile UN declares June 21 International YOGA DAY !

UN DECLARES JUNE 21 AN INTERNATIONAL
YOGA DAY !
THANK YOU : PRIME MINISTER MODI JEE

Stupid opinions ... all mine ... worth 2 cents ... you can have for free with a pinch of salt.
"......I can't believe I am saying this..... if you re not humble in this world, this world will thrust humbleness upon you" - Mike Tyson!!!
Distrust Doesn't Hurt - Not As Much as Trust does! - me said first quoted at www echarcha.com
Old December 11th, 2014, 11:57 AM

badriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond repute
Re: UN declares June 21 International YOGA DAY !

Stupid opinions ... all mine ... worth 2 cents ... you can have for free with a pinch of salt.
"......I can't believe I am saying this..... if you re not humble in this world, this world will thrust humbleness upon you" - Mike Tyson!!!
Distrust Doesn't Hurt - Not As Much as Trust does! - me said first quoted at www echarcha.com
Old December 12th, 2014, 01:13 AM
The Destroyer of Maya

Origmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond repute

Wasn't Yoga beneficial even before the UN declared this day?

Why do we Indians crave Western approval so much? It is an inner sickness no medicine can cure within us.
Old December 12th, 2014, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origmos View Post

Why do we Indians crave Western approval so much? It is an inner sickness no medicine can cure within us.
PM Modiji is an intelligent man. He must have known, it will be a lot easier to convince 177 nations of the world of benefits of the Yoga than to explain to Indian seculars, lalloos, yadavs, kans, momtas, and TOI, IE, NTDV, paid media persons that practicing meditation is not pushing Hinduism ...

Yoga is good for mind, body, and soul ... has absolutely nothing to do with any religion in particular.
Old December 13th, 2014, 03:00 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

UN is a world body. Why do you equate it with west???
Old December 13th, 2014, 07:19 PM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
If you see a white person, you will associate her with the West, won't you ?? English or American, that will be your first thought, not Australia, right ?
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old December 14th, 2014, 03:32 AM
The Destroyer of Maya

Origmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
India has 17.5% of the world's population and not a permanent security council seat. Out of the current permanent members, only China as a Asian nation has a seat with the rest belonging to the US, Britain, France and Russia.

Don't tell me the UN is not a puppet to western control. You can live with the delusion of the UN being a body of ~170 nations, but you will also know as well that the security council holds the key to the power behind the UN.

Don't have any illusions bro. Follow the veto. See who holds the true reins of power and those who are mere puppets to be toyed with.
Old December 14th, 2014, 06:05 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by raniraja View Post
If you see a white person, you will associate her with the West, won't you ?? English or American, that will be your first thought, not Australia, right ?
The last to General Secretaries have been Kofi Annan and Ban Ki Moon. Shashi Tharoor was also an aspirant but lost out to Ban ki Moon.

Quote:
India has 17.5% of the world's population and not a permanent security council seat. Out of the current permanent members, only China as a Asian nation has a seat with the rest belonging to the US, Britain, France and Russia.

Don't tell me the UN is not a puppet to western control. You can live with the delusion of the UN being a body of ~170 nations, but you will also know as well that the security council holds the key to the power behind the UN.

Don't have any illusions bro. Follow the veto. See who holds the true reins of power and those who are mere puppets to be toyed with.
The permanent seat to China is Courtesy Nehru (and to some extent Homi Bhabha). Else, it would have come to India and the Govt in 60s listened to US.

During the Cold war, The Veto power of USSR balanced that of the west.
Even now, China and Russia have the Veto power.

The US control on UN was seen in the first Gulf war in 1990
But in 2003, US failed to get UN endorsement and had to go on the adventure alone.

And now, this Yoga thing could actually be an example of increasing influence of India. So, be optimistic Thambi.
Old December 14th, 2014, 11:44 AM
The Destroyer of Maya

Quote:
The last to General Secretaries have been Kofi Annan and Ban Ki Moon. Shashi Tharoor was also an aspirant but lost out to Ban ki Moon.

The permanent seat to China is Courtesy Nehru (and to some extent Homi Bhabha). Else, it would have come to India and the Govt in 60s listened to US.

During the Cold war, The Veto power of USSR balanced that of the west.
Even now, China and Russia have the Veto power.

The US control on UN was seen in the first Gulf war in 1990
But in 2003, US failed to get UN endorsement and had to go on the adventure alone.

And now, this Yoga thing could actually be an example of increasing influence of India. So, be optimistic Thambi.
I'm being realistic. Making superficial gestures like declaring a yoga day serves as no proof in thinking whether we shall ever gain entry into the security club. Yoga has been maliciously dislinked from India a long time ago and now it is being rebranded like a commodity to be sold by every tom, dick and harry anywhere.

The true proof of the pudding lies in India getting a permanent security council seat. This will put India on a solid footing in the realm of world affairs and we wouldn't have to hide behind Russia to torpedo any anti India resolution instigated by rogue nations like Pakistan.

I do hope Modi will try to make an effort in this direction and correct another one of the blunders committed by Chacha Nehru.
Old December 15th, 2014, 07:01 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm being realistic. Making superficial gestures like declaring a yoga day serves as no proof in thinking whether we shall ever gain entry into the security club. Yoga has been maliciously dislinked from India a long time ago and now it is being rebranded like a commodity to be sold by every tom, dick and harry anywhere.
The fault lies with the Indians on that.. how many practice yoga? If it weren't for Baba Ramdev, it's be a non-secular thingy..

More goras know Surya Namakar than us brownies.. Only they call it Sun Salutation. When people around the world do something they do it out of interest and passion, we desis do things mechanically.
Old December 15th, 2014, 08:40 AM

Quote:

The true proof of the pudding lies in India getting a permanent security council seat. This will put India on a solid footing in the realm of world affairs and we wouldn't have to hide behind Russia to torpedo any anti India resolution instigated by rogue nations like Pakistan.

I do hope Modi will try to make an effort in this direction and correct another one of the blunders committed by Chacha Nehru.
I will be realistic here. The permanent seat is still some time away.

I am with you when you say UN is with the powerful.
But then, West's power is on decline and in 2003, west itself was divided when France and Germany opposed Dubya man.

Now on 60's blunder. After 64 n test by China, U.S. asked India to follow suit.
Old December 15th, 2014, 12:29 PM

Prev post contd.

US asked India to follow suit, but Nehru probably egged by Pacifist Dr Bhabha did not do so. had they done that, India would have been on the other side of NPT and a permanent member.

Source - JN Dixit
Nehru lobbied for PR China's membership to UN (Chinese seat was held by Nat republic i.e. taiwan)

This ultimately bore fruit in 71 and PRC directly jumped to a permanent seat

Source Class IX Civics plus some Wiki.