eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old June 5th, 2007, 04:38 AM
King of repeat posts!

Desi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy its 5th june

Cynthia Kepply Mahmood, describing the scale of the attack, writes:
When it [the Indian army] attacked the Golden Temple complex at Amritsar in 1984, containing the holiest shrine of the Sikhs, the ostensible aim was to rid the sacred buildings of the militants who had taken up shelter inside. But the level force used in the attack was utterly incommensurate with this limited and eminently attainable aim. Seventy thousand troops, in conjunction with the use of tanks and chemical gas, killed not only the few dozen militants who didn’t manage to escape the battleground but also hundreds (possibly thousands) of innocent pilgrims, the day of the attack being a Sikh holy day. The Akal Takht, the seat of temporal authority for the Sikhs, was reduced to rubble and the Sikh Reference Library, an irreplaceable collection of books, manuscripts, and artifacts bearing on all aspects of Sikh history, burned to ground. Thirty-seven other shrines were attacked across Punjab on the same day. The only possible reason for this appalling level of state force against its own citizens must be that the attempt was not merely to “flush out,” as they say, a handful of militants, but to destroy the fulcrum of a possible mass resistance against the state.

http://sikhgenocide.org/background.htm#_ednref113

C.K.C. Reddy, while writing on the army action notes:
The whole of Punjab and especially the Golden Temple Complex, was turned into a murderous mouse trap from where people could neither escape nor could they seek succor of any kind...The bodies of the victims of military operation in Punjab were unceremoniously destroyed without any attempt to identify them and hand them over to their relatives …The most disturbing thing about the entire operation was that a whole mass of men, women, and children were ordered to be killed merely on the suspicion that some terrorists were operating from the Golden Temple and other Gurdwaras. There had been no judicial verdict of guilt against definite individuals who had been taking shelter in the Golden Temple.

Faltu ki Bakkar, chakkar chakkar chakkar chakkar....

- Winner of Crown of the week!
Old June 5th, 2007, 05:27 AM
Senior eCharchan

marvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond repute
Re: its 5th june

Sikhs are also equally responsible for the desecration of the Golden Temple in 1984, if they did not hide the notorious militants inside the temple there would have been no storming of the temple.

This is just MY point of view.
Old June 5th, 2007, 06:48 AM
King of repeat posts!

Desi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond reputeDesi Baawra has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: its 5th june

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelous
Sikhs are also equally responsible for the desecration of the Golden Temple in 1984, if they did not hide the notorious militants inside the temple there would have been no storming of the temple.

This is just MY point of view.
To check ur point of view, just spare half-an-hour and check the link given above. Truth is not always what is shown, it can be propogated too.

Faltu ki Bakkar, chakkar chakkar chakkar chakkar....

- Winner of Crown of the week!
Old June 5th, 2007, 09:08 AM
Senior eCharchan

HarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant future

I, for one, do not subscribe to the conspiracy theory that the Indian govt was attempting a genocide against Sikhs...that is ridiculous. I cannot think of one sane Hindu in India who harbors any ill-will against Sikhs......

I think Sikhism is a great religion and we (Hindus) have a lot to learn from it - self-pride, fighting for rights, etc etc...

The stereotype of a Sikh is that he/she are hot-blooded, warrior types...they are not on any kind of politico-evangalical mission to convert the rest of India to Sikhism...so I really don't understand the root cause of any friction....I believe it is strictly a political game played by this a-hole Congress party!!
Old June 5th, 2007, 10:14 AM
the Centre Right Indian!

rameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: its 5th june

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarHarMahaDev
I, for one, do not subscribe to the conspiracy theory that the Indian govt was attempting a genocide against Sikhs...that is ridiculous. I cannot think of one sane Hindu in India who harbors any ill-will against Sikhs......

I think Sikhism is a great religion and we (Hindus) have a lot to learn from it - self-pride, fighting for rights, etc etc...

The stereotype of a Sikh is that he/she are hot-blooded, warrior types...they are not on any kind of politico-evangalical mission to convert the rest of India to Sikhism...so I really don't understand the root cause of any friction....I believe it is strictly a political game played by this a-hole Congress party!!
I agree.

If places of worship are used by militants, be it sikh, hindu or muslim, the security forces have no choice but to storm it and clear them out. So if sikhs think its Indian Army who acted wrong in this case, then they shouldnt have allowed khalistani militants to hide in Golden Temple. As to the damage caused by the operation, India did not have a special forces unit nor did any police department in the country have a SWAT/Commando team. So Indian Army was the only choice. Also, you to view this from the security forces point of view. Its not that they hated sikhs (obviously there were a lot sikhs in the army regiment that participated in this operation). It was the first counter-terrorism operation in the history of India. Obviously the whole security establishment panicked and coupled with inexperience of such situations paved way for the use of heavy equipment in a civil settings.

And I think we did learn valuable lessons from the mistakes commited in this operation as it lead to the rise of National Security Guards who are equipped/capable of special weapons and tactics. Thats why Operations Black Thunder I & II again on Golden Temple in 1988 were highly successful.

Captain R Harshan
Ashok Chakra, 2 PARA SF,
Indian Army.
Old June 5th, 2007, 10:16 AM
eCharchan

Cooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: its 5th june

My next door neighbour of our earlier apartment “The Vaidyas” were related to General Arun Shridhar Vaidya, who was killed by Sikh militants in Pune in retaliation for Operation Blue Star.

I was a kid then & remember how they sobbed when they heard about his death. They knew him as a very kind hearted & loving uncle of theirs who was ruthlessly gunned down in front of his family. I still poignantly remember that day.

Even today, I salute this brave man who lead Operation Blue Star that was well justified & was needed to flush out the Sikh separatist militants holed up inside the Golden temple complex.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arun_Shridhar_Vaidya

I am not being pro-Congressi or whatever, but Operation Blue Star was necessary to show the government's resolve of not bowing down to militants.

Below: General Arun Shridhar Vaidya
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GeneralArunShridharVaidya.jpg (28.6 KB, 52 views)

Last edited by Cooldude; June 5th, 2007 at 10:57 AM.
Old June 5th, 2007, 10:23 AM
the Centre Right Indian!

rameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: its 5th june

Complete story from Indian Army's view:

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/LAND-F.../Bluestar.html

From the above link:

Quote:

Mopping Operations, 7th - 9th June
Now the job of clearing the many rooms, concealed tunnels and basements began. A number of them were captured and handed over to the Punjab Police and intelligence agencies. Meanwhile other units began cleaning the remains of the battle. The snipers continued to take pot shots. When President Zail Singh was visiting the complex a sniper's round hit his bodyguard Lt. Col. M.P. Choudhary of the SFF in the arm. The sniper was spotted on the terrace and was gunned down. After his departure two companies of 10 Dogra joined 9 Kumaon, in the flushing operations. At this point a burst of gunfire from the area around the bunga wounded four soldiers. While the rest fanned out to search for the militants, Captain Ramphal of the Medical Corps and his nursing assistants were attending to the casualties.

Even the President of India was attacked. And still some expect that Khalistani militants are to be spared??

Captain R Harshan
Ashok Chakra, 2 PARA SF,
Indian Army.

Last edited by rameshp; June 5th, 2007 at 10:29 AM.
Old June 5th, 2007, 10:28 AM
eCharchan

Cooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond repute

An opinion on General Vaidya & Operation Blue Star:

http://orbat.com/site/cimh/regiments...n_opinion.html
Old June 5th, 2007, 10:33 AM
Senior eCharchan

vyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooldude
An opinion on General Vaidya & Operation Blue Star:

http://orbat.com/site/cimh/regiments...n_opinion.html
thanx ramesh n dudeji for the links..will help me in understanding this operation better...always wanted to know the details abt it..
Old June 5th, 2007, 10:41 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

might as well watch this documentary on google video... Its about an hour long... its kind of a must watch...

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; June 5th, 2007 at 10:47 AM.
Old June 5th, 2007, 10:51 AM
the Centre Right Indian!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan
might as well watch this documentary on google video... Its about an hour long... its kind of a must watch...
full of propaganda from the Khalistani terrorists!

Captain R Harshan
Ashok Chakra, 2 PARA SF,
Indian Army.
Old June 5th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Indira Gandhi made Bhindrawale too big.. When he got out of hand, she eliminated him. It was pure politics on Indira's part and Bhindrawale knew it very well. He was no Holy man. He too was equally responsible.
Old June 5th, 2007, 11:25 AM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

During that time they were sikh terrorists. People harboring terrorists are terrorists. They killed people . They deserve to die.

This will apply to same scenario for muslims of today. If terroristsw hide in Mosque and mosque does not report to the government , unfortunately inoocient people along with terrorists will be slaughtered.

Operation Blue Star was completely justified and it taught good lesson to those fuking crazy khalistan demanding ass-hole sikhs..........

Stop justifying terrorist acts....
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old June 5th, 2007, 02:11 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshp
full of propaganda from the Khalistani terrorists!
must be a different one than the one I watched... I had seen one BBC had made...
Old June 5th, 2007, 02:43 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty
During that time they were sikh terrorists. People harboring terrorists are terrorists. They killed people . They deserve to die.

This will apply to same scenario for muslims of today. If terroristsw hide in Mosque and mosque does not report to the government , unfortunately inoocient people along with terrorists will be slaughtered.

Operation Blue Star was completely justified and it taught good lesson to those fuking crazy khalistan demanding ass-hole sikhs..........

Stop justifying terrorist acts....
I remember that during the terrorism in Punjab, one young innocent engineer from my previous job (Siemens) died.

He was there with a team to implement the electronic automation for a factory near Chandigarh. These ahole terrorist Sikhs of those times, gunned him down along with a few other. Why? God knows, but they did not want the factory work to proceed!

It was great that the Mumbai Police chief Julius Ribeiro was deputised to handle the law and order situation early on. He used his Mumbai 'encounter' technique to the fullest and things started coming under control. Soon he was replaced but his follower too used same strong techniques and slowly but surely brought all these idiiot Khalistanis under control.

You want a separate nation - go to Canada! There all the bloody Sikhs indentify themselves as Punjabi or Khalistani and never as Indians. These same terrorists also downed the Air India Kanishka plane killing so many.

I am happy that the government crushed these aholes.

And about mandir and gurudwara and mosques - If you allow terrorists to hide in them, then they no longer remain places of worship. A temple is a place of God, not terrorists.

Indira was justified in crushing Bhindrawale and his ahole followers. Already we have J&K sedition issue and why add more to this.

So I have no sympathy for any terrorist - whether Sikh or Muslim.