eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old July 9th, 2017, 09:23 PM
Senior eCharchan

Bhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant future
My Movie Corner

Dont want to open a thread for every movie. So posting in this thread anything related to movies.

MOM - Sridevi movie. Revenge saga after her step daughter is gang raped and the law lets the culprits go unpunished. Decent watch.

Spiderman Homecoming - Hopeless. I went to watch soem cool graphics and good action but none was there. Only the climax is OK.
Old July 15th, 2017, 07:12 PM
Senior eCharchan

Bhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant future
Re: My Movie Corner

Hindi medium isn't that great. A Chandni Chowk family moves to posh Vasant Vihar to get admission in a big name school for their daughter. The school apparently admits kids only from within 3km radius. However, that plan flops. So a consultant suggests that they should exploit RTE quota. They get forged papers to apply through this quota. But the princi of the school decides to get all the RTE applications' authenticity validated after a teacher in the school complains about the RTE quota scam and goes to the press. So the family temporarily moves to Bharat Nagar, a poor locality. There they meet another family whose kid is also trying through the quota. The rich family kid gets through but the true poor kid doesn't in the lottery outcome. After the results the rich family comes back to Vasant Vihar. Through some circumstances the poor person from Bharatnagar realises that the rich family isn't poor and they were taken for a ride, that the rich exploited the quota. Then there is a lot of emotional drama and finally justice prevails.

Rich family is Irrfan and his wife is a Paki actress. Irrfan is alright, Paki actress is also Ok acting wise and otherwise. The poor dad is Deepak Dobriyal whose acting stands out. Overall movie is watchable, but itna bhi khaas nahin hai.
Old July 15th, 2017, 07:47 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Nice. Good thread.
Old July 16th, 2017, 01:27 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rocket Singh - Salesman of the Year

An old Ranbir movie that I wanted to watch but couldnt when it released. Caught up on Amazon Prime Videos. Ranbir joins a computer sales and services company "AYS" after his BCom. On his first sales deal to a public company, he encounters a situation where the decision maker asks for a bribe. This hero, being a straightforward guy, doesnt agree and says he will get back after consulting his boss. On his way out, takes a complaint slip and reveals the bribe-ask by the senior employee and leaves it in the complaint drop box. All hell breaks lose over this and AYS owner relegates him to a desk job. The owner continues to insult the hero as a zero at every opportunity. Receptionist, Gauhar Khan, sympathises and passes on a quote request from a small startup to Ranbir so that he can convert it into a sale and redeem himself. This opportunity shows Ranbir how much profit these companies are making and there is scope for better price and service. He cooks up a plan to run his own competing company from the premises of AYS. He enslists the help of a tech guy, his next cubicle neighbor at AYS, to assemble the computers for him. Around the same time the receptionist loses an opportunity to be the manager there despite handling all the responsibilities. That's how Rocket Sales Corp comes into being with a few disgruntled employees as partners.

What follows is how Rocket Sales changes the market in terms of price and service quality to their clients with a 25% reduction in price and also 24X7 service; how this affects the sales of AYS; how the owner of AYS comes to know of the competitor and unmasks the parallel company being run by his own employees from his own premises; how these disgruntled fellows get fired. The ending is a little unexpected and quite unreal.

The whole movie is high on good vs. bad, professional vs. unprofessional, etc. and a little too idealistic. OK watch for Ranbir fans.

Last edited by Bhidubhai; July 16th, 2017 at 01:31 AM.
Old July 16th, 2017, 05:41 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Old is gold.. rocket singh the only watchable movie of flopstar Ranbir.
Old July 19th, 2017, 05:56 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
Old is gold.. rocket singh the only watchable movie of flopstar Ranbir.
As a star he might not be successful but he is a talented actor. Only thing is he takes his star status too seriously coming from Kapoor family. Look at Nawaz and Irrfan. Both do low budget movies too and emphasis on acting and they are more successful because of that. Budget doesnt seem like an issue for them to take a movie.
Old July 20th, 2017, 06:02 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhidubhai View Post
As a star he might not be successful but he is a talented actor. Only thing is he takes his star status too seriously coming from Kapoor family. Look at Nawaz and Irrfan. Both do low budget movies too and emphasis on acting and they are more successful because of that. Budget doesnt seem like an issue for them to take a movie.
I think he will remain sucking Johar's dick for crap movies just like his father did.. He didn't do one proper movie with any substance, just glam doll stuff.

btw, whatever happened to Abhay Deol.. he emerged as a rising star doing justice to story based cinema, rather than dumbed down BS that's being thrust down our throats.
Old July 20th, 2017, 06:14 AM
Senior eCharchan

log1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud of

^ Choco mummy boy, got recent failure after 3-4 hits,..

and,.... baap ne pal bhar yeh soch liya ki,.... Apna Pappu No. 1 ho gaya,..... Yeh Dipika aur Katrina se kahin aage hai,… and not worth for him to marriage/dating those cheapo ladies,.....

Ae dil..., tamasha, Roy,.. besharam,. Bombay velvet,… continuous failure, taught him a good lesson of failure,..... otherwise.......baap-bete dono, RK ke logo pe,... saatve aasmaan pe chalte,..

Mazoor chhap, Majoor face,. Delivered 3-4 good movies initially,.. like manorama, socha naa thaa, Dev D, aisha, Oye lucky,… but rest were crap in commercial movies like ZNMD, where he ( Hathoda-chhap ) was no fit, as a commercial star,..in d first place,..
and glad that no1 even noticed him in Raanjhnaa,… as his role was totally unfit, unwanted and stupid of him that he took that role,...and, it was Dhanush movie, all-d-way, anyway,..

Imho, this punjaabi jaat mazoor, should stay with art/semi-art movies and not tempt for Khans' commercial like movies,… as he has no face, height, body, personality, dialogue delivery,..

just like, ... as if,.... Girish Karnaad, om puri , Resham Hamasiya,.. or Naseer Shah doing Amitabh bachchan role’s commercial movies,… n’ that’s how idiotic he will look,..

Last edited by log1iszero; July 20th, 2017 at 06:20 AM.
Old July 20th, 2017, 07:26 AM
be badass

MsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant future

Tomorrow is the day & I don't see any screens showing Lipstick Under My Burkha in theatres nearby was soooo looking forward to watching this one :sobsob:
Let us know your take on LUMB in adv
Old July 20th, 2017, 06:16 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsShaanze View Post
Tomorrow is the day & I don't see any screens showing Lipstick Under My Burkha in theatres nearby was soooo looking forward to watching this one :sobsob:
Let us know your take on LUMB in adv
Weekend ko apan Kam dekhta hai. Ticket bahuto mehenga hota hai. Only big budget fadu movies for weekend. Baki arty types on weekdays. Weekdays less rush more shanti which is essential to understand heavy arty movies. Weekend pe seeti, claps maarne ko masala movies
Old July 21st, 2017, 06:10 AM
be badass

MsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant future

Quote:
Weekend ko apan Kam dekhta hai. Ticket bahuto mehenga hota hai. Only big budget fadu movies for weekend. Baki arty types on weekdays. Weekdays less rush more shanti which is essential to understand heavy arty movies. Weekend pe seeti, claps maarne ko masala movies
I mean I seriously don't get it. Itni der se achchi khansi English mein dher saari aur pyaari pyaari baatein kar rahe the .. I was bole toh mind-blowing impressed then what happened suddenly?? ab tak main Mili bhi nahin hoon aur tum ho ke Munna ke character mein ghuss gaye? Rangeela re?!
Old July 24th, 2017, 12:57 PM
Senior eCharchan

Tiger and Nawaz in Munna Michael make up for each other's weakness. Tiger cannot act and Nawaz cannot dance. I was expecting a laugh riot but what I got was Faltu senti story. The girl Nidhhi Agerwal is hot looking. For her tiny frame she has ample bust. Nawaz is after her in the movie and he is a rich don who owns a star hotel. Tiger is sadak chhap dancer who is hired by Nawaz to teach him dance moves so he can impress Nidhi. But the teacher falls for Nidhi and then the usual drama, fight, songs etc.
Old July 25th, 2017, 05:11 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Tiger and Nawaz in Munna Michael make up for each other's weakness. Tiger cannot act and Nawaz cannot dance. I was expecting a laugh riot but what I got was Faltu senti story. The girl Nidhhi Agerwal is hot looking. For her tiny frame she has ample bust. Nawaz is after her in the movie and he is a rich don who owns a star hotel. Tiger is sadak chhap dancer who is hired by Nawaz to teach him dance moves so he can impress Nidhi. But the teacher falls for Nidhi and then the usual drama, fight, songs etc.
is this the one with that song - mai nachu aaj chham chham chham ?
Old July 27th, 2017, 07:01 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkk View Post
is this the one with that song - mai nachu aaj chham chham chham ?
No that song is in Tiger Sharaddha movie Baaghi.
Old July 30th, 2017, 02:55 PM
be badass

So, are we wacthing
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE
on the 4th, first day last show? Like all Imtiaz Ali movies I'm sure love is going to be The central point of this movie too ... loveeeee that empowers you, makes you a better person, makes you jhako within yourself and all of that!

P.s. Have always loved IA's movies .. His characters are always learning something or the other from love. I'm planning on watching- tu bhi aaja!