eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old March 30th, 2015, 09:58 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tweet of the day

I have seen one of the most heart breaking pictures this morning:

http://www.ndtv.com/offbeat/heartbre...e-specialevent

(sorry, I cannot login to twitter at work...but the picture is the same one).

What is humanity coming to? How can this child not melt hearts?
Old March 30th, 2015, 10:23 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

here's the tweet and the picture.

Old March 30th, 2015, 10:45 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
here's the tweet and the picture.

still cant see the picture as I cant access twitter.
But I feel (almost) the same sympathy for the Gaza kids swearing left right and center.
Old March 30th, 2015, 10:56 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the picture for those that can't see twitter stuff

Old March 30th, 2015, 11:19 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

The tweeter is from Gaza but the picture is from Syria taken in 2012.
Heart rending, but just be thankful for you have got. And the boy must be 7 now and wont be surprising if he can tell a camera from a gun now.
Old March 30th, 2015, 01:36 PM
Banned

Jagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond repute

There are such 35+ heart wrenching pictures, floating all over the net, of all such major events since 1940s,...
including that vulture, chasing a 6 mos famine suffered kid, n' waiting for,..to eat him, when he dies,..

You can click here on the pictures,....and see all such series of all 40+ classic pictures of all the times, that shook the world.

https://www.google.com/search?site=&...+world&spell=1

Last edited by Jagmohan; March 30th, 2015 at 01:39 PM.
Old March 31st, 2015, 05:07 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
The tweeter is from Gaza but the picture is from Syria taken in 2012.
Heart rending, but just be thankful for you have got. And the boy must be 7 now and wont be surprising if he can tell a camera from a gun now.
I sure hope he indeed is 7 and is alive somewhere.
Old March 31st, 2015, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Ratan Tata Tweet...
Germany is a highly industrialized country. In such a country, many will think its people lead a luxurious life.
and an associated story posted on FB.

Quote:
When we arrived at Hamburg , my colleagues walked into the restaurant, we noticed that a lot of tables were empty. There was a table where a young couple was having their meal. There were only two dishes and two cans of beer on the table. I wondered if such simple meal could be romantic, and whether the girl will leave this stingy guy.

There were a few old ladies on another table. When a dish is served, the waiter would distribute the food for them, and they would finish every bit of the food on their plates.

As we were hungry, our local colleague ordered more food for us.When we left, there was still about one third of un-consumed food on the table.

When we were leaving the restaurant, the old ladies spoke to us in English, we understood that they were unhappy about us wasting so much food.

"We paid for our food, it is none of your business how much food we left behind," my colleague told the old ladies. The old ladies were furious. One of them immediately took her hand phone out and made a call to someone. After a while, a man in uniform from Social Security organisation arrived. Upon knowing what the dispute was, he issued us a 50 Euro fine. We all kept quiet.

The officer told us in a stern voice, "ORDER WHAT YOU CAN CONSUME, MONEY IS YOURS BUT RESOURCES BELONG TO THE SOCIETY. THERE ARE MANY OTHERS IN THE WORLD WHO ARE FACING SHORTAGE OF RESOURCES. YOU HAVE NO REASON TO WASTE RESOURCES."

The mindset of people of this rich country put all of us to shame. WE REALLY NEED TO REFLECT ON THIS. We are from country which is not very rich in resources. To save face, we order large quantity and also waste food when we give others a treat.

THE LESSON IS:- THINK SERIOUSLY ABOUT CHANGING OUR BAD HABITS. Expecting acknowledgment, that u read the message and forward to your contacts.
VERY TRUE -"MONEY IS YOURS BUT RESOURCES BELONG TO THE SOCIETY."
Old June 26th, 2015, 11:31 AM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute

Old July 4th, 2015, 06:53 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

i think mostly people will guess the answer, but the dirty eyed me could not miss the alignment of Motu's* fhis ingertips from right hand.

Old August 6th, 2015, 08:12 PM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute

:d

Sent from my iPhone.
Old August 7th, 2015, 08:00 AM
Senior eCharchan

punkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant future

Govt doing its work proactively, wonderful to see even oldies using social media to resolve problems of citizens abroad. Is this not acche din? India has gone from a toothless nation to one that cares about its citizens in just one year.

Things may not be perfect but amazing what same people are able to do under a capable leader.

Old August 7th, 2015, 08:26 AM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkaj View Post
Govt doing its work proactively, wonderful to see even oldies using social media to resolve problems of citizens abroad. Is this not acche din? India has gone from a toothless nation to one that cares about its citizens in just one year.

Things may not be perfect but amazing what same people are able to do under a capable leader.

Stuck at the airport bcoz of birth certificate
Old August 7th, 2015, 08:38 AM
Senior eCharchan

punkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
Stuck at the airport bcoz of birth certificate
Sushma's twitter hotline
Quote:
While Sushma Swaraj faces flak from the Congress party and the news media over the Lalit Modi case, the External Affairs minister continues to help normal Indian citizens who ‘tweet’ her their problems. Beyond the political skirmishes in newsrooms across the nation, Sushma Swaraj has elevated the stature of the MEA, through her ‘direct governance’ approach interacting with voters via social media to address their problems. Delhi-based businessman Monty Chadha spoke to me about how Sushma Swaraj recently came to his family’s aid.

CNN-IBN: What predicament did your family face that prompted you to reach out to Sushma Swaraj?

Monty Chadha: On Friday June 19, my sister and her family were detained at the airport in Cape Town since my niece was not carrying her birth certificate. Indian passport holders ideally should not be carrying any such document as the date of birth and parents’ name is mentioned on the passport itself. But apparently, South Africanauthorities have made it mandatory from June 1 to carry birth certificates to prevent human trafficking. The travel agent in India did not mention any such thing. My sister started panicking as her flight boarding time was approaching. My nephew sent a WhatsApp message to me stating the problem. I called up my sister and she told me about what was going on. While I was thinking about whom to contact I just happened to tag a tweet to the MEA and Sushma Swaraj appealing for help.

CNN-IBN: What help did the MEA provide?

Monty Chadha: Sushma Swaraj contacted me over Twitter by first favoriting the tweet within 5 minutes. I didn't understand it at first, as I am new to Twitter. I called my sister again and asked if the authorities had allowed her to board. The MEA had called up my sister assuring her that someone from the Indian High Commission in Pretoria will get in touch. MEA took about 15 minutes to call my sister after the tweet. The Indian High Commission sorted the issue out and my sister and her family boarded the flight soon after.

CNN-IBN: Would you say Sushma Swaraj has set a new standard of governance as External Affairs Minister?

Monty Chadha: Of course I would feel it’s a new benchmark as I had a first hand experience. I was later talking to my younger brother about how earlier we would not have even imagined getting through to the MEA or any higher authority. My family’s problem was solved all thanks to Sushma Swaraj and social media.

CNN-IBN: What message do you wish to convey to Sushma Swaraj?

Monty Chadha: I would like to thank her and wish her all the best to continue the good work.
Old August 9th, 2015, 02:58 AM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

MEA deserves applause .