eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old December 1st, 2013, 07:35 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Singh Saab the Great

Still not seen this one. Will wait for some time to see it. Do not expect this in Netflix as that is full of Multiplex wala movies.

So, the Gadar and The Hero- Love story of a spy combo of Sunny Deol and Anil Sharma is back.

And Prakash Raj is the villain here. He has the big shoes of Amrish Puri to fill in. Lets see how he does that.

The theme is apparently about 'Badlav', not 'Badla'

But that dies not seem so from the trailer
"Singh Saab The Great Trailer" Official | Sunny Deol, Amrita Rao

And the teaser has a typically wonderful dialog from Sunny Deol
Singh Saab The Great - Teaser - YouTube
Old December 2nd, 2013, 07:28 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Singh Saab the Great

Poor Sunny could only manage to convince Amrita Rao.. no other leading actress wants to work with a 56 yr old .. the other leading actors are young at 45-50 yrs.
Old December 3rd, 2013, 08:44 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Well, Amrita name seems to be good luck for Sunny Paaji. He started his career with Amrita singh and is now with Amrita Rao.

Anyway, his movies, except probably for Gadar are not known much for heroines and this one would be in line with other such movies with all the hard hitting dialogs and dishum dishum.

Apparently the movie is an 'average hit' with 37.5 cr collection.
Old December 5th, 2013, 11:33 PM
Junior eCharchan

Imran574 is on a distinguished road

This is a story about a common man, who takes pride in his honesty.
Old July 21st, 2017, 08:31 AM

This one is on Netflix now. Saw first 10 minutes. No wasting time on studio logos and the graphics. The movie jumps to start with Sunny Deol getting traders to burn adulterated stuff on Gandhi jay anti . One bad guy with his goons does not listen and his henchmen bash up Sunny Deol. It being Gandhi Jayanti, Sunny Deol does not retaliate and tries to reason. But the bashing continues. Once Sunny Paajis precious blood starts flowing, he sparks into action and his 3.5 kilo ka haath starts bashing up the bad guys by quoting Guru Gobind Singh that one should pick up the swords for injustice. He also explains that for the small time villains he doesn't need swords and that his hands are enough. His sidekick, Johnny lever explains that in keeping up with country's growth Sunny Paaji's hands have also grown from 2.5 kilos to 3.5 kilos since Damini.

And after bashing up the bad guys, Sunny paaji roars that while he is ready to follow Gandhiji, if needed he can be Patel and Bhagat Singh too.

The titles now start rolling in.

What happens after the titles? How many more bad guys does Sunny Paaji bash?

All these after I watch rest of the movie
Old July 21st, 2017, 10:53 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I did watch further than that on Netflix... almost an hour. And from the very first scene itself, I had this feeling that I have watched this before. But try as hard as I can, I have no idea what happens next. Everything seems new... as well as deja vu And the movie has been out just 3 - 4 years. My memory seems to have gone really bad

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old July 21st, 2017, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
Well, I did watch further than that on Netflix... almost an hour. And from the very first scene itself, I had this feeling that I have watched this before. But try as hard as I can, I have no idea what happens next. Everything seems new... as well as deja vu And the movie has been out just 3 - 4 years. My memory seems to have gone really bad
It looks s a typical Sunny Deol movie. If you have watched some earlier, obviously Deja by will be there
Old July 21st, 2017, 11:10 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
It looks s a typical Sunny Deol movie. If you have watched some earlier, obviously Deja by will be there
No no no... it is the same exact movie but realization comes only after watching a scene. Every scene as it plays tells me that I have seen it... but I have no clue what happens next. I have watched to the scene where Prakash Raj has started causing havoc in the hero's life... but no clue what will happen next.

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old August 20th, 2017, 09:26 AM

Finally finished it.
The first 10 minutes and the last half hour dont disappoint (Anil Sharma Fans that is) with a good amount of dishum dishum.
However, there is too much of tragedy in between and the movie seems to be dragging.

Rather than Pak bashing films like "The hero: love story of a spy" or "Gadar: ek prem katha:, the theme is more on Dharmendra Sadahiv Amrapurkar combos like Hukumat and Farishtay.

Prakash Raj proves a worthy successor to Sadsashiv Amrapurkar and potrays true evil.

Sunny Deol is Anna Hazare and Superman combined. He fights against corruption and also can dodge bullets and stop a truck. He also borrows from Modi (Badla nahi Badlav) and Kejriwal (keeps mentioning Aam Aadmi).

Any other watchers for this besides Sena Lassi pai and me
Old August 24th, 2017, 01:06 PM
be badass

MsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant future

You have seen Hukumat and Farishtey I thought we were the only ones to have watched these movies Dacait/ Zalzala were our fave go to movies during summer holidays