eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > Crowning Glory

Notices

Crowning Glory A home for our best content ... award winning created by eCharchans!!

View Poll Results: Will Modi Bring India Out Of The Manmohanic Mess Of The UPA As PM?
Yes, he has the proven strength to do so. 10 83.33%
No, he cannot win powerful regional allies 0 0%
Maybe, if he gets at least 190+ seats for the BJP 2 16.67%
India is down and out no one can bring it out of the downward spiral. 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 27th, 2012, 10:48 PM
Senior eCharchan

rahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Narendra Modi : Answer To India's Prayers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaiSpeaks View Post
So you have given MMS a very good excuse for his shortcomings . India having a 8% growth rate under recession was not Congress's strength . If Congress was that impressive, why did everything get so damn expensive. Or is that not Congress's fault?

Nuclear deal was a good thing . But how much power has it generated yet? The gas deal would have been even better , and was much more easily viable in my opinion.

I do not know if Modi would do wonders. But the fact is we need a replacement for MMS . Naidu saheb may have done a good job , but currently does not have the support. Sheila Dikshit maybe yeah . But Modi has a following, he can garner support for himself . And he does have good credentials. Good enough to be given a chance to prove himself .
The job of MMS was to get the deal - A Strategic Decision.... Converting that Strategic Decision to Tragic is in the hands of Shiv Sena/AIADMK and likes who created a furore in Jaitapur even leading to the deaths of some..... Similar case in Tamilnadu, as far as kudankulam is concerned....!!

Yes, you are so right about Gas Fuel... Even I prefer Gas as a fuel but then you know nothing moves without US.... On the Nuclear Deal front, US was with us.... On the Iranian Gas front, US is against us..... Moreover, it was a Congressi, Mani Shankar Iyer, who first propunded the idea of a Indo-Persian Pipeline thru Pakistan.... I may even want to have a pipeline from Russia to India via Afghanistan but then, its again at the mercy of geo political equations which we cant control....!! Infact, the government of India maintains a decent relation with Afghan's Karzai and has been instrumental in lots of development projects there with an eye on a Gas Pipeline from CIS.... Otherwise, it makes no sense in having any kind of good/bad relations with Afghanistan.....

Last edited by rahulpsharma; May 27th, 2012 at 10:55 PM.
Old May 28th, 2012, 12:22 AM
The NEo of Echarcha

JaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulpsharma View Post
Aab kya kahu, Jai.... Aacha ho to Bhagwaan ki wajah se... Bura ho to Sonia/Congress ki wajah se....!!
to fir NDA ko kyun nahi credit milta IT boom ka , bhaiya ? India Shining kya Congress ke rule mein hua tha? BJP ne highways ki neev daali thi , uska credit kahan hai ? ..
Old May 28th, 2012, 12:25 AM
The NEo of Echarcha

JaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not sure, if he's 'good' because of the controversies or his development drives....!!

"Jab tak ek vivaad raha mein; Tab tak hi aabaad raha mein"
Aab kya kahu, Rahul Sharmajee.... Aacha ho to Bhagwaan ki wajah se... Bura ho to Modi/BJP ki wajah se....!!
Old May 28th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Ass Kicker

viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So if he can take Gujarat from 19 to 20 with 2/3 Majority in his pocket; what is the likelihood of him taking India anywhere with ten coalition partners with divergent interests....??
Modi took Gujarat from 19-20. What kind of scale is this and who is giving him that rating?

1> There used to be water shortage all across Gujarat, he's eliminated that. Has this feat been factored into your points system? In my pointing system this is taking Gujarat from - 200 to + 20.

2> As compared to Maharashtra (MoanMohan and P. ChUdambarams lair) there have been hardly any terrorist attacks in Gujarat. That in my points system is taking Gujarat from + 20 to + 80.

3> There is massive industrialisation in Gujarat this in my opition adds another 20 points. Meaning Gujarat has gone to 100.

4> He's introduced a world class BRT in Ahmedabad, this raises the points by another 15. Meaning Gujarat is at 115.

5> Even kattar Maharashtra vadis like Raj Thackraey were impressed by the deveopment in Gujarat. This adds another 10 poins. So the score is 125.

So in my opinion Gujarat has gone from -200 to + 125 under the BJP rule. So all in all it's a gain of + 325 points.

Last edited by viking; May 28th, 2012 at 07:25 AM.
Old May 28th, 2012, 07:32 AM
Senior eCharchan

rahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking View Post
Modi took Gujarat from 19-20. What kind of scale is this and who is giving him that rating?

1> There used to be water shortage all across Gujarat, he's eliminated that. Has this feat been factored into your points system? In my pointing system this is taking Gujarat from - 200 to + 20.

2> As compared to Maharashtra there have been hardly any terrorist attacks in Gujarat. That in my points system is taking Gujarat from + 20 to + 80.

3> There is massive industrialisation in Gujarat this in my opition adds another 20 points. Meaning Gujarat has gone to 100.

4> He's introduced a world class BRT in Ahmedabad, this raises the points by another 15. Meaning Gujarat is at 115.

5> Even kattar Maharashtra vadis like Raj Thackraey were impressed by the deveopment in Gujarat. This adds another 10 poins. So the score is 125.

So in my opinion Gujarat has gone from -200 to + 125 under the BJP rule. So all in all it's a gain of + 325 points.
Narmada Canal Project was conceived in 80's.... Successive governements in Gujarat have presided over the years fought against the dislikes of Medha Patkar and followed up with the development of Narmada Canal.... Modi was nowhere around all these years..... That's the reason for water reaching the remote areas of Kutch....!!

Moreover, the White Revolution in Gujarat predates Modi... The successful AMUL experiement stands taller than the tallest.... Co-operative business both in rural and semi-rural areas was the hallmark of Gujarat.... Sardar Patel propounded the idea of Co-operative Societies.....

Industrialization of Gujarat: Gujarat was heavily industrialized much much much before Mr. Modi took over reins of power....
Gujarat achieved as much as 35% of augmentation in its power generation capacity during the period 1995-96 and 2000-01...!!!

During the period 1960-90, Gujarat established itself as a leader in various industrial sectors - textiles, engineering, chemicals, petrochemicals, drugs & pharmaceuticals, dairy, cement & ceramics, gems & jewellery etc. Post-liberalization period saw Gujarat's State Domestic Product (SDP) rising at an average growth rate of 14% per annum in real terms (from 19942002).

Raj Thackeray's Opinion about Mr. Modi is no benchmark....

Pune had BRTS much before Ahmedabad had.... And the last time I visited Ahmedabad, the buses in BRTS are just another kind of buses.... No ACs... The promise of Digital Age is not realised anywhere from a tech savvy CM....
Old May 28th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Ass Kicker

viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Narendra Modi : Answer To India's Prayers?

Quote:
Sheila Dixit would make a great PM.. She also has a proven track record of bringing abt a dramatic transformation of not just Delhi but also NCR... and that too, living amongst the 'goons' of UP and Bihar on one side and 'irrational' Jats on the other..!! Truly a success story..!!
Rahulji (You must feel honored to share this name with the youth icon of India )

Can you pls. explain us this political oxymoron? Also, how many points do you give Ms. Sheila Dixit for this glorious step she's taken in Delhi on the eve of assembly elections?

Quote:
Petrol to be cheaper in Delhi, but CNG prices go up
PTI | May 28, 2012, 06.36PM IST

NEW DELHI Petrol will cost Rs 1.26 less in the capital with Delhi government slashing 20 per cent VAT on the hiked component in its budget today which also provided a huge push to social sector spending to apparently win over sections disgruntled with Congress as it prepares for next year's Assembly polls.

However, the slash in petrol prices may not give the much needed relief to common man as Delhi government proposed a fresh five per cent VAT on CNG, which is used by a number of people in the city for running their vehicles.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/i...w/13605474.cms

Last edited by viking; May 28th, 2012 at 07:56 AM.
Old May 28th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking View Post
Rahulji (You must feel honored to share this name with the youth icon of India )

Can you pls. explain us this political oxymoron? Also, how many points do you give Ms. Sheila Dixit for this glorious steap she's taken in Delhi on the eve of assembly elections?
Well, I am not facing any identity crisis in my life to draw or withdraw honour from such trivial similarities....

As for the decision to slash Petrol Prices, I believe many more States would try to do it to ease the burden to some extent....!! She would know her balance sheets well to take this decision.... Till date, she has made sure that Delhi becomes the showcase of India....!! And in recent times, friends and foes alike have come to appreciate Delhi....!! So thoda political mileage ke liye prices slash karne kaa to hakk banta hai, bandi kaa...!!
Old May 28th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Ass Kicker

Quote:
Narmada Canal Project was conceived in 80's.... Successive governements in Gujarat have presided over the years fought against the dislikes of Medha Patkar and followed up with the development of Narmada Canal.... Modi was nowhere around all these years..... That's the reason for water reaching the remote areas of Kutch....!!

Can you pls. focus on why Modi succeeded in implementing Narmada Canal and all other stalwarts failed?

Moreover, the White Revolution in Gujarat predates Modi... The successful AMUL experiement stands taller than the tallest.... Co-operative business both in rural and semi-rural areas was the hallmark of Gujarat.... Sardar Patel propounded the idea of Co-operative Societies.....

Was there a BJP during the time of Sardar Patel? It's just incidental that Narendra Modi's icon too is Sardar Patel. Also pls. let me know if we should start of from Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj's rein unti MoanMohan Singh's rein. Or should we restrict ourselves to comparison between MoanMohan Singh and Narendra Modi.

Industrialization of Gujarat: Gujarat was heavily industrialized much much much before Mr. Modi took over reins of power....

Govt statistics dont indicate so. I know that there was a cottage industry and Khadi gram udyog there.

Gujarat achieved as much as 35% of augmentation in its power generation capacity during the period 1995-96 and 2000-01...!!!

To me it is a bench mark. Can differ in our opinions isnt it? Hope you are not like Kapil Sibal who wanted to impose curbs free speech on the internet.

Pune had BRTS much before Ahmedabad had.... And the last time I visited Ahmedabad, the buses in BRTS are just another kind of buses.... No ACs... The promise of Digital Age is not realised anywhere from a tech savvy CM....

You are unaware of many things. Just for your reference before you start hailing the BRT service of Pune to the sky I'll like to deflate your baloon just a bit. Pls. enrich you knowedge here.BRT Failure In Kangress Ruled Pune/Maharashtra
My answers in red Rahulji.

Last edited by viking; May 28th, 2012 at 07:54 AM.
Old May 28th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Ass Kicker

Quote:
Well, I am not facing any identity crisis in my life to draw or withdraw honour from such trivial similarities....

As for the decision to slash Petrol Prices, I believe many more States would try to do it to ease the burden to some extent....!! She would know her balance sheets well to take this decision.... Till date, she has made sure that Delhi becomes the showcase of India....!! And in recent times, friends and foes alike have come to appreciate Delhi....!! So thoda political mileage ke liye prices slash karne kaa to hakk banta hai, bandi kaa...!!
By decreasing prices in Petrol and increasing prices on CNG is she promoting rise in pollution levels? CNG is far less polluting than petrol isnt it? This could be an environmental master stroke in your eyes!

Last edited by viking; May 28th, 2012 at 07:52 AM.
Old May 28th, 2012, 08:02 AM
Senior eCharchan

aragorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
None but they didnt have the kind of head start like Modi had ten years ago....!! And still many have manged to creep up to the standards of Ahmedabad and Baroda today.... And many have surpassed them....

No metro in last ten years....

Metro Work is going on in Ahmedabad since last 3-4 months.

No decent airport in last ten years....

Who develops air ports? States or Airport authority of India? It comes directly under Your beloved UPA.

No decent Public transport in last ten years.....

Define decent. BRTS in ahmedabad is more than decent. google it for how many awards it has won. Similar BRTS is being developed in Surat also and other cities will follow.

Been to Astodia recently...?? Its still the same old thing that used to be ten years ago....!!!

For development u need space. Do u even realize what astodia is? It is known for its traditional pols and heritage buildings. u want to destroy them in order to develop?

The RTO of Ahmedabad is still the same old story.... Had been there two years ago....

What about RTO? U mean Office is not good or working is not good? The office of RTO is just like any other govt office. working is also just like anyother office. What do u expect when u go to govt office? The corruption is less there as they have removed the agents who used to bribe the officers to get license. Now next to RTO some district court or collector office is built

The development of North South Highway is due to the centrally planned DMRC (Delhi Mumbai Road Corridor)....

It is Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor. DMRC is Delhi metro rail corporation. both are different. see below Image and from which states it passes. Why there is no development in other states?

What is the condition of trains between Ahmedabad and Baroda and Surat....??

Indian Railway is a Govt of India Dept. not GoG.

Still its one intercity train between Baroda and Ahmedabad...!!

Again pity your knowledge. Indian Railway is a Govt of India Dept. not GoG.

And whatever development you see is a part of larger Infra boom that is taking place today even in states like Bihar....!!

In bihar it has started now. in gujarat it started 10 years ago. see the difference and similarity also. Both states are headed by Non Congress/Non UPA CMs.

Real estate, yes.... Farmers in Gujarat earned valuable cash because of The Narmada canal where they got huge compensations.... NRIs have pumped in money to buy huge houses.... But that's happening in Navi Mumbai too....!! Housing construction everywhere....!!

So when we talk about final velocity, we must keep the initial velocity V0 in mind.... V0 for Gujarat was traditionally Very high....

Highly enterprising community....!!

Talk about Nitish, yes one can see some transformation taking place there....!!! Why cant we think of Nitish as the CM with 2/3rd Majority....??
it seems ostrich is Congress's fav. bird
Old May 28th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Senior eCharchan

aragorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Anyways, you can have your candidate as PM.... Personally, I would have wished to see My City of Ahmedabad as the best in the country atleast.... Its best even today for me cos of Nostalgia but sadly NOT because of the development it deserved....
When did u last visited ahmedabad?
Old May 28th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Senior eCharchan

Can you pls. focus on why Modi succeeded in implementing Narmada Canal and all other stalwarts failed?

The project was under implementation even before Modi came to power.... The network of Canals was being laid all along the State.... It just got completed in Modi's time.... Does it mean, Mr. Modi was instrumental in its implementation...?? What kind of a logic is this.... If there are any echarchans from North Gujarat, they would know the extent of canal work that was done before Modi came to power....

Was there a BJP during the time of Sardar Patel? It's just incidental that Narendra Modi's icon too is Sardar Patel. Also pls. let me know if we should start of from Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj's rein unti MoanMohan Singh's rein. Or should we restric ourselves to comparison between MoanMohan Singh and Narendra Modi.

I completely fail to understand what you are trying to say....!!! The simple point is that Gujarat was already always progressive much before Modi came to power.... He had a head start in many areas... He failed to capitalize on that head start....

Govt statistics dont indicate so. I know that there was a cottage industry and Khadi gram udyog there.

Wow... So Gujarat was only Cottage Industry and Khadi gram Udyog...?? ... Did you ever visit Gujarat...?? South Gujarat was always the most Industrialized zone in the country....!!! Baroda to Vapi...!!! Please ask some of your colleagues from Gujarat to confirm this fact....

To me it is a bench mark. Can differ in our opinions isnt it? Hope you are not like Kapil Sibal who wanted to impose curbs free speech on the internet.

Raj is a toddler cry baby.... So I wont prefer to discuss him.... If you believe in him, so be it.... He's not my benchmark for sure.... And I have no motivations to proselytize you....

BRTS
While Projects and new experiments can fail, that doesnt take away the fact that progressive governements have atleast conceptualized it well ahead in times and tried to even implement it.... No new experiement is completely risk free.... Even Delhi Metro could have failed but today it stands out as the single most laudable achievements of Sheila Dixit governement....!!
Old May 28th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:

No argument there. Its a fact.

Agreed.

Agreed.

During the period 1960-90, Gujarat established itself as a leader in various industrial sectors - textiles, engineering, chemicals, petrochemicals, drugs & pharmaceuticals, dairy, cement & ceramics, gems & jewellery etc. Post-liberalization period saw Gujarat's State Domestic Product (SDP) rising at an average growth rate of 14% per annum in real terms (from 19942002).

Pune had BRTS much before Ahmedabad had....

And the last time I visited Ahmedabad, the buses in BRTS are just another kind of buses.... No ACs...

U mean AC bus hoga to hi development kahelayega? WTF

BTW There are AC and Non AC both kind of buses are there. I have travelled twice from RTO to kankaria with my kid. once in AC and once in Non AC. It seems they knew u r a congressi, so they might have turned off the AC

The promise of Digital Age is not realised anywhere from a tech savvy CM....

Again define Digital Age. If u mean internet and computerization, Almost all the villages. i mean v.i.l.l.a.g.e.s. means gaamda in gujarati or gaanv in hindi has Broadband connectivity since last 4-5 years. our company looks after nagarpalika softwares and we know this is the fact and no PR bullshit.

jai sonia mata. mujhe kuch nahi aata
Old May 28th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Ass Kicker

Quote:
Even Delhi Metro could have failed but today it stands out as the single most laudable achievements of Sheila Dixit governement....!! [/font][/size]
Was the Delhi metro not conceptualized under Madan Lal Khurana? He was a BJP CM. You are going head over heels to felicitate all those before Modi for the Narmada Canal. So by that token Madan Lal Khurana should take all credit for the Delhi metro!

Quote:
The planning for the Metro in Delhi had started in the 1950s. Numerous studies were conducted for studying the feasibility of a rail based mass transit system. The first steps towards the construction of the metro were only initiated in 1995 when the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) was registered. Physical work on the project started on October 1, 1998.
So all in all the foundation stone of Delhi metro was laid during a BJP regime. So going by your opinion BJP is worthy of all credit! Carefully read the contents of the below web page.

http://www.urbanrail.net/as/delh/delhi.htm

Last edited by viking; May 28th, 2012 at 08:25 AM.
Old May 28th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
When did u last visited ahmedabad?
Just an year ago and its urban facade is just not what would be expected of such a glorified CM....