eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old February 9th, 2013, 10:11 PM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute
Re: People you admire

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayt View Post
Man, she's something! I'm a big fan of hers. Please see this video. It's a short clip, about 6 mins. See her showing that pesky Republican Senator his place?

Hillary Clinton, Senator Ron Johnson Exchange at Senate Hearing on Benghazi:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE
Her assertiveness can put men to shame.

Once she was in pakistan taking questions from a large gathering of students. A girl student asked her that "most pakistanis think that we r getting a raw deal in this so called GWOT & usa is taking us for a ride" (something like that).

Mrs. Hillary Rodham Clinton replied "well, we r also giving you guys billions of dollars in return". There was a quiet followed by next question (perhaps).

Last edited by PeaceSeeker; February 10th, 2013 at 02:58 AM.
Old February 10th, 2013, 09:04 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origmos View Post
Genghis Khan!

Don't mind me, I'm drunk at the moment.................
He is the guru of the womanizers i mentioned.
sab ka baap
Old February 11th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Super eCharchan

sonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond reputesonia has a reputation beyond repute

Good ....
Old February 22nd, 2013, 01:36 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
1. Living Person i admire - Lee Yuan Kew, the mentor of Singapore.
Others close are Margaret Thatcher and Helmut Kohl.
The 3 i mentiomned, though living are retired and in their 80s. The recent news put a new Politico in the list. He is David Cameron.
Old February 23rd, 2013, 12:44 AM
Always on target

jeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond repute

Zaid Hamid

jeetIAF
Old March 27th, 2015, 05:40 AM

Quote:
This was a Miss world question in 2000. Priyanka Chopra answered 'Mother Teresa' and went on to win the miss world. It is another matter that Mother Teresa was gone 3 years back.

Coming back to your question - I am breaking it into 2 pieces.

2. Want to be like them - 4 of them - Bill Clinton, Rick Salomon, Shane Warne and Salman Khan.
One more in the bolded portion is no more now. Here is one tribute to him.

Critics call Singapore an autocracy. But I never felt more free than when I lived there.
In Singapore, I couldn't chew gum. But at least I never feared for my safety.

By Sahana Singh March 25
Sahana Singh writes mainly on water and environmental topics. She is involved in a campaign to reform water and sanitation practices in Asia.

With its immaculate and nearly crime-free streets, Singapore in some ways offers more freedom than certain democracies. (REUTERS/Edgar Su)
Between my early life in India and my current life in the United States, I spent 14 years in paradise: Singapore. From clean water and crime-free streets to reliable public transportation and easy access to libraries, the state government anticipates all the basic needs to provide its residents a good quality of life and eliminate the stresses that can impede personal progress. But in the coverage that followed the death of Singapore’s founding Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew on Monday, Western media has painted a very different picture. They describe a crushing autocrat that chained his people and stripped them of basic freedoms. My experience was quite the contrary. Outside of this tiny island utopia, I never felt more free.
Old March 27th, 2015, 07:18 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

good one and really amazing but lets not forget Singapore is just like 85 sq. kms. btw, Singapore is helping build a huge city in your state.

Quote:
Singapore plans new Indian city ten times its size

Singapore and the southern Indian state of Andhra Pradesh announced in December a partnership to masterplan and develop the state's new capital city.

The new city will come up in the Guntur-Vijayawada region and is estimated to cost 1 trillion rupees (£10.56 billion).
Yew just passed away ..

India declares day of national mourning for Lee Kuan Yew

Quote:
India's government has declared a day of national mourning on Sunday (Mar 29) as a mark of respect for Singapore's founding Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew.

According to a statement on India's Ministry of Home Affairs website, the national flag of India will be flown at half-mast throughout the country, and there will be no official entertainment.

The state funeral of Mr Lee will be held in Singapore on Sunday, and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be among the many world leader, past and present, in attendance.

Prime Minister Modi earlier paid tribute to Mr Lee as "a lion among leaders". Some small villages in Tamil Nadu have also put up banners, mourning his passing.

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; March 27th, 2015 at 07:29 AM.
Old March 27th, 2015, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
btw, Singapore is helping build a huge city in your state.
It is actually my better half's state now. For, me 'Its complicated'
Old June 17th, 2017, 10:04 AM

Quote:
This was a Miss world question in 2000. Priyanka Chopra answered 'Mother Teresa' and went on to win the miss world. It is another matter that Mother Teresa was gone 3 years back.

Coming back to your question - I am breaking it into 2 pieces.

2. Want to be like them - 4 of them - Bill Clinton, Rick Salomon, Shane Warne and Salman Khan.
In these 4 years, all the 3 in my admire list are RIP.

Last one- http://m.dw.com/en/former-german-cha...-87/a-18626424

Former Chancellor Helmut Kohl has died at the age of 87. As Germany's leader for 16 years, he is remembered for reuniting the country and for making a huge political and economic contribution to Europe's integration.