eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old July 25th, 2017, 11:35 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute
Ashdoc's movie review---Lipstick under my Burkha

The setting is the city of Bhopal , which is half Hindu and nearly half Muslim . And appropriately the movie is about the lives of four women who live in the same neighbourhood , two of whom are Hindu and two are Muslim . The lives of the Muslim ones are cloistered under the Burkha ( hijab like garment that covers from head to toe ) , but under the veil they dream of liberation.

Rihanna ( played by Plabita Borthakur ) has to go to college wearing the veil , but changes clothes in public toilets to ultra stylish dresses that she has shoplifted from malls because she cannot afford to buy them . She is a fan of Miley Cyrus and leads a dual life . In college she auditions for singing western music and manages to give fiery speeches campaigning for wearing western clothing like jeans . But at home she has to work to make Burkhas to eke out a living. She goes to a late night party and drinks alcohol and falls in love with a westernized dude , kissing him shyly .

Shireen ( played by Konkona Sen Sharma ) works as salegirl while her husband works in Saudi Arabia. But her husband does not know she works outside and being short tempered would expressly forbid it if he knew. Whenever he comes back he has rough sex with her without foreplay. She too is forced to wear the Burkha but tries to improve her life financially while her husband cheats on her with prostitutes.

Leela ( played by Aahana Kumra ) is the third female, being forced to marry one guy even if she is in a on off sexual relationship with another. She dreams off running away with her boyfriend out of Bhopal to chase her dreams. She has sex with her boyfriend in total abandon in different positions without her fiance knowing of it .

fourth is Usha aunty ( played by Ratna Pathak Shah ) , who is a fifty five year old female. She is consigned by society to live a life without sex because of her age , but has sexual attraction for her swimming coach. She phones him and has sexual conversations stroking and stimulating her body without revealing her identity.

The lives of all these females however come to a similar end ; they are caught breaking the backward rules imposed by Indian society and get punished for it and become outcasts . But as they sit together in one room ruminating over the disaster of having been caught out , they decide to laugh it away by lighting cigarettes that are forbidden by Indian society for women to smoke. It is nice to know that even in this condition they still have the fire of rebellion smouldering within them...

Even after deletion of 27 scenes by the censor board the movie has some kissing and sex scenes , leaving you wondering how much sex the director wanted to pack in the movie . But why does the movie come to an unhappy end ? In my opinion the notion of happy ending would have entailed walking into the sunset with a guy in tow , and the director was loathe to tie the women's good fortunes to a guy . The director chose to show them unhappy but rebellious still . That's probably the way the director would like women to be---free through rebellion .

The movie has been made to remind us that sex and freedom are natural rights of women as much as they are of men . And it has been umabashedly hyped as a women's movie . Acting is decent by everyone and music and photography is okay too .

Verdict---decent .

Three stars out of five .

Last edited by ashdoc; July 25th, 2017 at 11:42 AM.
Old July 25th, 2017, 12:45 PM
Senior eCharchan

log1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud of
Re: Ashdoc's movie review---Lipstick under my Burkha

This movie was under loads of controversies about 6+ months ago and at that time it was looking like,....
this was made to bash the Muslim community / Islam of their bad habits and religious customs ( as the Title also suggests ) and in other words it was a reply to the Movie PK,
where Hindu culture of dev-devi pooja, Mahadev, Shivling –Milk,.. etc. was bashed a lot,
and hence this movie is to be made to balance that feeling to reply the Islam.

But now it seems like, movie is on a totally different tangent and there's nothing like any such,.. !!

Last edited by log1iszero; July 25th, 2017 at 12:48 PM.
Old July 25th, 2017, 01:03 PM
be badass

MsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant future

Bhai, why 3/5? Reason Bhi toh bata- would love to know what was lacking in the movie. If it could've been better then how?? Tere pass script aati toh kahani kaise hoti ... How different would it be?
Old July 25th, 2017, 04:03 PM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by log1iszero View Post
This movie was under loads of controversies about 6+ months ago and at that time it was looking like,....
this was made to bash the Muslim community / Islam of their bad habits and religious customs ( as the Title also suggests ) and in other words it was a reply to the Movie PK,
where Hindu culture of dev-devi pooja, Mahadev, Shivling –Milk,.. etc. was bashed a lot,
and hence this movie is to be made to balance that feeling to reply the Islam.

But now it seems like, movie is on a totally different tangent and there's nothing like any such,.. !!

I don't think it was made to balance PK at all . It does portray the image of Muslim men as chauvinists who put curbs on their women and the Muslim community as backward . It also shows Muslims producing too many children . But the movie does not show any criticism of the Muslim concept of god at all .PK made fun of Hindu gods and godmen while here Muslim gods or godmen don't come in the picture at all .

Muslims did protest against it because it shows women rebelling against the Burkha. The censor board also had problems with the movie because of too many cuss words and too many sex scenes , many of which were deleted.

Last edited by ashdoc; July 25th, 2017 at 04:47 PM.
Old July 25th, 2017, 05:20 PM
Senior eCharchan

log1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud of

^^ thx 4 info.
btw ,..
what is the story/situation of the other Controversial one of IG - Indu Sarkar?

Is it gonna release within three days there in Mumbai, or is suffering ban ??

http://images.indianexpress.com/2017...mukesh-759.jpg
Indira's Emergency and Neil Nitin Mukesh as Sanjay Gandhi,...

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

http://www.behindwoods.com/hindi-mov...kar/index.html

Last edited by log1iszero; July 25th, 2017 at 05:35 PM.
Old July 26th, 2017, 05:30 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

this sounds good. I will check this out on netflix.
Old July 26th, 2017, 05:51 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
this sounds good. I will check this out on netflix.
Somehow, Netflix seems to show only one madhur bhandarkar movie at a time. First time it was Fashion and now it is Chandni Bar. But you could wait (like I did for Singh Saab the great)
Old July 26th, 2017, 07:15 AM
Senior eCharchan

Netflix is a crap,.. I just am trying it now,…there are many ways to watch it free,…on PC,.. also many groups share passwords and pay in groups so almost it’s nearly free,.. price is not that much costly either,…But so far Hulu or Amazon prime has NO bollywood movies, no other alternative, unless you became a payee member of einthusan, spuul or so.,,..which are private and may close door anytime,..even if you donated them 100 buck,.

Movie stucks and no way to forward/backward,…it crashes,... all movies are pretty old and new movies are very few and that comes after 3-6+ months,…on a random base,…. So not sure,, even if you waited 2 yrs this movie still not be there,.. .. All is a library,…. no live TVs, No HBO, Cinemax, SHO like Hulu,… Dunno what dish network or Comcast offers for BW, as never experienced yet,…

Most of the English DVD movies are 100K yrs old and you can even buy those DVDs at a dime of price in garage sales in bulk,.. all over USA,.. that old and crap,.. Most movie you saw 100 thousand yrs ago,…

I had rather rented DVD from Indian stores if you really wished to watch any movie,....

Last edited by log1iszero; July 26th, 2017 at 07:20 AM.
Old July 26th, 2017, 07:30 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

^^
And you answered my question "How come Jagguji is watching Netflix"

Will check on Jagguflix ( Cloudy EC) this weekend.
Old July 26th, 2017, 08:01 AM
Senior eCharchan

it's not that expensive,.. 7.99 for one screen and 11.99,.. if 4 or more in family are watching simultaneously - on Cell / TV / PC,..

Not bad,.... The problem is, new movies can't have immediately, when you need it.., unless you wait couple months, year or for ever, and still can't have those,..

You can have officially for free, legally and they do not mind,... say 3 of yrs family members take free month on their name and card ,. and repeat the same every year,..... They say, it's fine,...

It's a library of old and stale stuff,.. New movies, you need to wait,..... I may rather queue it on my govt. libraries and I get DVD within a week it releases, for Hollywood movies,... also few bollywood,..

Last edited by log1iszero; July 26th, 2017 at 08:04 AM.
Old July 26th, 2017, 09:15 AM
Always on target

jeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by log1iszero View Post
it's not that expensive,.. 7.99 for one screen and 11.99,.. if 4 or more in family are watching simultaneously - on Cell / TV / PC,..

Not bad,.... The problem is, new movies can't have immediately, when you need it.., unless you wait couple months, year or for ever, and still can't have those,..

You can have officially for free, legally and they do not mind,... say 3 of yrs family members take free month on their name and card ,. and repeat the same every year,..... They say, it's fine,...

It's a library of old and stale stuff,.. New movies, you need to wait,..... I may rather queue it on my govt. libraries and I get DVD within a week it releases, for Hollywood movies,... also few bollywood,..

Emergency was a such a dark moment in Indian history. there should be as many movies as possible on it.

jeetIAF
Old July 26th, 2017, 12:12 PM
Senior eCharchan

^^ Many things had happen,.. that I remember,..

JP and few Janta party leaders had been imprisoned,.

Jagjivanram Dheda and Barooa had their prime time,.. V C shukla joined with Raj kapoor to watch Zeenut naked at the shooting of Satyum Shivam Sundaram,....

Sanjay Gandhi was behind Hema Malini and IG was indirectly putting hard pressure on Hema, to marry Sanjay,..

Bajpeyi , I guess had apologized to IG and saved himself going to the jail somewhere,…

Sanjay Gandhi had turned out as Saddam’s sons,… worse than mafia,.. Congress U started,… Sanjay was having his own congress,… Menaka gandhi had her days just like Sonia in last decades,.

SG hated Muslims,.. ( IG failed to explain him hard that you are Yunus’ son ) he would have entered Lok-sabha anytime and no one can stop him,… he even slapped his mother 1-2 times there in middle of public,..in running sansad,..

SG did lafara-sadan with actress Amrita singh’s mother Ruksana,…. There had strong rumor when later Movie Betaab came that,… Amrtita is Sanjay Gandhi’s daughter,.. And both were driving haphazazardly in Delhi, without any red lights seen and no one could stop them,…

One of the biggest Muslim mafia goon ( I forgot his name) SG had cut him into the pieces and flown into the river Yamuna, behind da Taj mahal,.. by his men,.. . And no one could fins his aata-pata or anything thereafter ever,.. ,..

Last edited by log1iszero; July 26th, 2017 at 12:14 PM.
Old July 27th, 2017, 06:47 PM
Senior eCharchan

Bhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetiaf View Post
Emergency was a such a dark moment in Indian history. there should be as many movies as possible on it.

jeetIAF
There is Indu Sarkar and Badshaaho now. If they succeed, wait for more from bwood stable.