eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old July 18th, 2017, 02:15 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What's your spice level on a scale of 1 - 10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABU_HYDERABADI View Post
I ate mutton curry at one of my tamil friends place, it was so hot, i could not continue eating the curry.
See that's what I don't get about most of the south indian food. Now I understand some people like their food spicy, but you can't eat like that every day, and balancing with curd rice doesn't work. Overpowering the real taste of the food with spices/hotness via red chili powder is why southie food ain't popular.
Old July 18th, 2017, 03:14 PM
eCharchan

log1iszero is a splendid one to beholdlog1iszero is a splendid one to beholdlog1iszero is a splendid one to beholdlog1iszero is a splendid one to beholdlog1iszero is a splendid one to beholdlog1iszero is a splendid one to beholdlog1iszero is a splendid one to behold

It all depends on which food, how you prepare and up to what extent you like what kind and amount of spices in it,… it depends and vary from person to person,…

Our tongue have got all diff taste-cells on it,.. everyone likes each taste up to certain bearable extent,… I like sour and salty more and peppery a little bit, but not in that excess,….. and sugary, a very little,….

When I make Lemon juice,.. I practical add in it, from less to no sugar,..

During this summer time, I avoid sodas like shitty Coke and Pepsi,.. , but instead of water even, only drink lemon sharbat, with glucose-salt added, as in US it costs a buck for such real ( non-dilute) lemon juice concentrated bottles,.. ..
https://www.webstaurantstore.com/ima...-oz-bottle.jpg

These kind of packs we also keep in tons,. Also our pickle jars ( from Indian markets ) , and we always use that pickle oil while making any dry subjiis ( with, not much liquidity of the subji itself, like potato, sooran and sakkariyas,.. ) and it catches all extra falvors of taste,… Subji will never go fikka/tasteless,..

http://slideplayer.com/slide/6186270...ur+tongue..jpg

Last edited by log1iszero; July 18th, 2017 at 03:17 PM.
Old July 18th, 2017, 04:02 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
See that's what I don't get about most of the south indian food. Now I understand some people like their food spicy, but you can't eat like that every day, and balancing with curd rice doesn't work. Overpowering the real taste of the food with spices/hotness via red chili powder is why southie food ain't popular.
Balancing with beer works
Old July 18th, 2017, 05:55 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I ate mutton curry at one of my tamil friends place, it was so hot, i could not continue eating the curry.
Why do I feel your friend was trying to rest your spice level? Did he (or she) finish that curry?
Old July 19th, 2017, 05:03 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
Right!! lol
Old July 19th, 2017, 05:49 AM
eCharchan

log1iszero is a splendid one to beholdlog1iszero is a splendid one to beholdlog1iszero is a splendid one to beholdlog1iszero is a splendid one to beholdlog1iszero is a splendid one to beholdlog1iszero is a splendid one to beholdlog1iszero is a splendid one to behold

Bhaya,... southie food popular hi toh hai,.... iidli, Dosa,... - the entire nation enjoys,...
We gujjus,... make iidali in a thaali,.. and then cut in squares,.. calling it as Dhokla,.. ( sane rice paste and frying it with steams and eating with diff. chutney, tomato sauce ,.. etc ) but somehow it did not get that much publicity and popularity,...like iidali, 'coz it's not eaten with tasty Sambhaar,..

But I must say,.. i die for a good stuffed dosa with daal and chutney,.. than any other hotel dishes,.

Secondly, the way/habit of eating for SIs,.. also adds an another level of flavor ( SShhhh,..of salty perspiration ) to it,... the way they eat any food,. be it curd or yogurt,... ( Did not make SRK enough fun in that movie RaOne ! ) .

They have to have use whole Muththi ( 5 fingers with fist ) and almost half arm
lathar-pathar with flow of liquid food,.. bukada of Curd mixed rice !

https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-t...-South-Indians

http://moviegalleri.net/wp-content/g...os_84424c1.jpg

http://moviegalleri.net/wp-content/g...os_245d37b.jpg

Last edited by log1iszero; July 19th, 2017 at 05:51 AM.
Old July 19th, 2017, 09:28 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
I once ordered egg-curry at a sardarji's restaurant and asked for extra spicy. He just poured a packet of chili powder. Extra hot but no taste other than chili powder

Point I am trying to make is, this is not a madrasi/bhaiya thing... just people with lack of knowledge of cooking trying to make spicy food. Probably an individual's thing rather than a region or state.

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old July 20th, 2017, 04:32 PM
Hyderabad Wala !!!!

BABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why do I feel your friend was trying to rest your spice level? Did he (or she) finish that curry?
He is from south tamilnadu and even the tomato chutney for idli's is also too spicy for me.
An oft quoted Gandhian phrase is that if all were to follow an eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth, then the world would go blind. The counter to that is that if only some follow this and others don't then it is the non-violent who would go blind while the rogues will rule the world.
Old July 20th, 2017, 05:51 PM
Senior eCharchan

Bhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant future

Quote:
Balancing with chhaas also works.

Nonveg with beer, Veg with chhas
Old July 21st, 2017, 06:42 AM

Quote:
He is from south tamilnadu and even the tomato chutney for idli's is also too spicy for me.
hope to be his guest someday.
Old July 21st, 2017, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhidubhai View Post
Balancing with chhaas also works.

Nonveg with beer, Veg with chhas
I strayed once a while, but mostly I am a vegetarian.

What I am looking for trying is dragon breath cheddar cheese with beer.

On my straying days.
Old July 22nd, 2017, 10:52 AM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I was there in 2007 in that Thai restaurant visit. I was also briefly there last year. But I went with biwi and bachcha and from a previous experience where a potential meeting with another echarchan bombed because I had to do other stuff like take kids to zoo while the ladies shopped, did not even ping you to avoid any disappointment.
Let me know next time you are in town.

Old July 24th, 2017, 06:40 PM
Senior eCharchan

punkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant futurepunkaj has a brilliant future

I'm spicy fellow like 9 on 10.