eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Science and Technology > Technology

Notices

Technology Discuss all things technology that dont fit in the Computing forum...

Old September 13th, 2018, 08:56 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Latest Iphones from Apple (and smartwatches)

A lot would would already be knowing about the new iphones thanks to Apple's excellent sales team. I decided to indulge myself and go for a new unlocked iphone. Initial thought was to go for XS max @$1100. And more indulgence by buying a smartwatch @$400-429 and airbuds @$160. I was laughing at airbuds a while back, but everyone is wearing them and Samsung has come up with its own now (which honestly look better).

But, remembered the old adage, "Look before you leap" and
was checking out the compare
https://www.apple.com/iphone/compare/

Comparing Iphone XR with iphone XS Max, i find that Xs max is $350 more.
Q- Is it worth paying extra $350 for the following? I dont even know what many of these terms mean (in blue). Could an apple expert enlighten me on those?
1. 3D touch
2. 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio (typical) compared to 1400:1 contrast ratio (typical)
3. 2688-by-1242-pixel resolution at 458 ppi vs 1792-by-828-pixel resolution at 326 ppi
4. Super Retina HD display vs Liquid Retina HD display
5. 2 metres water resistant against 1 metre water resistant
6. 6.5" vs 6.1" display

Any takes?

And lastly, i wont mind it deviating to why i should buy an iphone instead of an unlocked motrola selling for $250 or so in Costco.
Old September 13th, 2018, 09:08 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Latest Iphones from Apple (and smartwatches)

Is it intentional that Apple have names their new phones as excess? iPhone Xs?
Old September 13th, 2018, 09:41 AM
Senior eCharchan

razzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
A lot would would already be knowing about the new iphones thanks to Apple's excellent sales team. I decided to indulge myself and go for a new unlocked iphone. Initial thought was to go for XS max @$1100. And more indulgence by buying a smartwatch @$400-429 and airbuds @$160. I was laughing at airbuds a while back, but everyone is wearing them and Samsung has come up with its own now (which honestly look better).

But, remembered the old adage, "Look before you leap" and
was checking out the compare
https://www.apple.com/iphone/compare/

Comparing Iphone XR with iphone XS Max, i find that Xs max is $350 more.
Q- Is it worth paying extra $350 for the following? I dont even know what many of these terms mean (in blue). Could an apple expert enlighten me on those?
1. 3D touch
2. 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio (typical) compared to 1400:1 contrast ratio (typical)
3. 2688-by-1242-pixel resolution at 458 ppi vs 1792-by-828-pixel resolution at 326 ppi
4. Super Retina HD display vs Liquid Retina HD display
5. 2 metres water resistant against 1 metre water resistant
6. 6.5" vs 6.1" display

Any takes?

And lastly, i wont mind it deviating to why i should buy an iphone instead of an unlocked motrola selling for $250 or so in Costco.
$1100 for phone - Are you nutzzzzzz. chalo - to each his own i guess..

that's a village in africa for one year (food+water+ education)
Old September 13th, 2018, 10:24 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Each one of those features is worth the additional 350 that you will spend. Just imagine that you are getting all of them... that is like buy one and get ten free With up to 2 meters of water-resistance, you can finally upgrade your kiddy pool to a full-fledged 11-feet on deep-end one. And that high screen resolution and size, you can watch your movies at the deepest bottom of the pool... fully underwater.

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old September 13th, 2018, 12:02 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzrhino View Post
$1100 for phone - Are you nutzzzzzz. chalo - to each his own i guess..

that's a village in africa for one year (food+water+ education)
People spend on Ferrari, which could probably feed 200 such villages. And Mukesh Ambani builds Antilla which may feed whole of Mumbai for dunno how long.
Anyway, i may feed apple shareholders and managers for now. BTW, that is slightly more than what we blew up for a trip recently and half of what goes for Kids Soccer, Karate, etc. for the year.
Old September 13th, 2018, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
Each one of those features is worth the additional 350 that you will spend. Just imagine that you are getting all of them... that is like buy one and get ten free With up to 2 meters of water-resistance, you can finally upgrade your kiddy pool to a full-fledged 11-feet on deep-end one. And that high screen resolution and size, you can watch your movies at the deepest bottom of the pool... fully underwater.
Also, for some of the things, 6.5" might be better than 6.1"
Old September 13th, 2018, 02:14 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

I bought Apple Shares before the announcement at $220. Up by $5 in one day
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old September 13th, 2018, 02:29 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty View Post
how many shares did you buy?
Old September 13th, 2018, 02:41 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
how many shares did you buy?
What a desi question Immediate calculation of "Kitna Paisa kamaya usne '

Not much just 50.
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old September 13th, 2018, 03:38 PM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Buy Home Depot. Always after hurricane season, it goes up.

Already up 13 + in a month.
Old September 13th, 2018, 03:43 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmthaLal View Post

Amtha.. tera PM check kar.
Old September 13th, 2018, 03:49 PM

I have fitbit shares which went down after Apple unveiled its latest smartwatch
Old September 13th, 2018, 03:51 PM
Super eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmthaLal View Post

Still good to get in ? It's at $209

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
I have fitbit shares which went down after Apple unveiled its latest smartwatch
Did it not go up after Rahul Gandhi trip

I have made a few thousands on Face Book.
Old September 13th, 2018, 06:41 PM

Quote:
What a desi question Immediate calculation of "Kitna Paisa kamaya usne '

Not much just 50.
I bought ETSY about 10 months back.. check it out. I am hoping Amazon gonna buy it some day.

52-wk high 50.91
52-wk low 15.27
Old September 18th, 2018, 03:58 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

sgars, dont buy any of those over-priced pieces of crap that will are already obsolete technologies. some people like to show how big their dique is - you are not one of those. you may not have antilla or ferrari or i-bloody-phone but in your mind you will know you are better than any of those that have the excesses.