eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old March 10th, 2017, 08:16 AM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bollywood Surrogacy trend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
IVF usually involves implanting more than one egg in the hopes that at least one will survive. That's how many IVF pregnancies end up with twins/ triplets.
Now, when they use the technology (spin technology i think), they can figure out the most healthy eggs suitable for implantation. during the process they find out the x or Y chromosomes which in turn tell you the gender of the baby.
I am yet to hear of a single case where people used this IVF as a tool to get the gender of choice. Its a tedious process and there is no guarantee that one would be pregnant. Many a time, you need several rounds of IVFs to get pregnant and the hormones/ the moods/ injections/ physical and emotional stress....its just not worth it, if its your own body/ your wife/ girl friend (Edit: just to clarify its not worth it to persu IVF as a tool for gender of choice).
With the advances in genetics, it may be possible (if not already so) to have tailor made kids. Medical crime is a very lucrative business (look at organ donation/transplant business). Read Robin Cook. I remember "The Third Twin" which was originally published sometime in the 70s.
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old March 10th, 2017, 10:28 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhidubhai View Post
I support in very limited cases where a couple who would have otherwise been able to have kids but for some medical conditions. Certainly don't support it for gays or lazy parents. But it has become huge business.
Agreed. Amir Khan's wife Kiran Rao supposedly had multiple miscarriages and was not able to conceive thereafter so they went for surrogacy or what have you.. this is an apt case where you wanna allow it.. but like SRK's case was his wife doesn't want to lose her figure and she's older now.

I knew this bigshot gay CIO in California .. he and his partner had a baby via surrogacy, not something I would approve of. I guess law of the land should dictate whether it's legal or not, but desperate folks with money will fly to another country and get it done anyway. For each law you have workarounds and loopholes.
Old March 10th, 2017, 10:36 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How about hiring from orphanage where the kids are already separated?

Of course like I have said in other posts, I support it in cases where the mom has medical conditions. But I don't support the business angle of it and the arguments of human service to shroud that angle.
DNA. you missed the key.

exploitation of women is an age old concept. We have equal or more number of cases about female fetucide, forcing women to give up their kids for adoption. what needs to be done is regulate the process. Not stop it because you cannot control it.
Old March 10th, 2017, 11:48 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
DNA. you missed the key.
There's an awesome old Hindi movie I recall .. somewhat related to this thread. Once I tell the name and story, you all may go .. we have it in Telugu, Tamil, etc etc

Anyway, the movie is Satyakam (1969) ..

Quote:
Satyapriya Archarya, an engineering student, is stubborn but principled. He refuses to compromise when it comes to "doing the right thing," and as a result he struggles to cope in post-independence India.
The side story in the movie is that Satyapriya comes from a lineage of highly principled Brahmins, raised by his grandfather he is an idealist who rejects corruption and impropriety of even the smallest order. He marries a prince's pregnant keep realizing he must practice what he preaches.. his wife delivers the child of the prince who he raises as his own son. When Satyakam dies, his grandfather doesn't want to accept the bastard child. But realizes that real DNA is not blood relative but following the principles of the family.

A really beautiful and painful movie.. My personal view is that Dharmendra who played Satyakam in the movie deserved Best Actor award for the performance.
Old March 10th, 2017, 03:20 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post

A really beautiful and painful movie.. My personal view is that Dharmendra who played Satyakam in the movie deserved Best Actor award for the performance.
Did he get it or not This is a move par excellence. It stays with you for a long long time. So, I was going to say this has to be a Hrishikesh Mukherjee movie... and lo and behold, when I searched on imdb, it is indeed.

Is this the movie that has the song, "Hum bhi agar bachche hote"... or was that a different Dharmendra and Sanjeev Kumar movie That was good too. The movie starts out with SK being the seedha-sadha guy and Dharam the naughty one and ends up vice-versa. Naam yaad nahi aa raha hai.

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old March 10th, 2017, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
Did he get it or not This is a move par excellence. It stays with you for a long long time. So, I was going to say this has to be a Hrishikesh Mukherjee movie... and lo and behold, when I searched on imdb, it is indeed.

Is this the movie that has the song, "Hum bhi agar bachche hote"... or was that a different Dharmendra and Sanjeev Kumar movie That was good too. The movie starts out with SK being the seedha-sadha guy and Dharam the naughty one and ends up vice-versa. Naam yaad nahi aa raha hai.
Dharmendra never got best actor award, he was pretty miffed when he got lifetime achievement award, and he let the film fraternity know in no uncertain terms.

Super movie Satyakam is.. great collectible !

You got the movies mixed up, hum bhi agar has joy mukherjee and saira banu. Don't know the one you're talking about.
Old March 11th, 2017, 01:28 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
he was pretty miffed when he got lifetime achievement award, and he let the film fraternity know in no uncertain terms.
he was totally drunk on that day . his son bobby tried to control him but he was too drunk to listen .
Old March 11th, 2017, 03:15 AM
eCharchan

Bhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant future

Quote:
There's an awesome old Hindi movie I recall .. somewhat related to this thread. Once I tell the name and story, you all may go .. we have it in Telugu, Tamil, etc etc

Anyway, the movie is Satyakam (1969) ..

The side story in the movie is that Satyapriya comes from a lineage of highly principled Brahmins, raised by his grandfather he is an idealist who rejects corruption and impropriety of even the smallest order. He marries a prince's pregnant keep realizing he must practice what he preaches.. his wife delivers the child of the prince who he raises as his own son. When Satyakam dies, his grandfather doesn't want to accept the bastard child. But realizes that real DNA is not blood relative but following the principles of the family.

Satyakam is an amazing movie.

But dont forget the other classic Chori Chori Chupke Chupke
Old March 11th, 2017, 12:02 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dharmendra never got best actor award, he was pretty miffed when he got lifetime achievement award, and he let the film fraternity know in no uncertain terms.

Super movie Satyakam is.. great collectible !

You got the movies mixed up, hum bhi agar has joy mukherjee and saira banu. Don't know the one you're talking about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
he was totally drunk on that day . his son bobby tried to control him but he was too drunk to listen .
From Surrogacy to Dharam Paaji.

I seem to remember his aceptance speech where he said that after ignoring him all the years, Filmfare decided he was fit only for lifetime
Old March 11th, 2017, 04:28 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Definitely seem to have. So what movie is the one with SK and Dharam, where they change characters by the end of the movie. It has a funny song sung by a bunch of college guys in a bus. I thought that was the 'hum bhi agar bachche' song. Maybe not. But what movie is that

Quote:
Satyakam is an amazing movie.

But dont forget the other classic Chori Chori Chupke Chupke
And what movie is "Chori Chori Chupke Chupke" Never heard of it

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old March 11th, 2017, 04:43 PM

I think he meant chupke chupke
Old March 11th, 2017, 06:11 PM
eCharchan

Bhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant future

Quote:
Definitely seem to have. So what movie is the one with SK and Dharam, where they change characters by the end of the movie. It has a funny song sung by a bunch of college guys in a bus. I thought that was the 'hum bhi agar bachche' song. Maybe not. But what movie is that

That is the world famous movie of Bwood on surrogacy starring sallu, preity, rani and produced by rizvi, funded by revered karachi businessman ch shak.

A lot of hungama happened when tapes were released. The tapes were of sallu discussing with his karachi funders. Lots of salacious details in those tapes of sallus philandering with his heroines. Transcripts are on internet. Thats how nanga, hakla, etc nicknames became world famous
Old March 11th, 2017, 06:14 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think he meant chupke chupke
Yes. Lot of mix ups going on. Actually had to wiki these 3 movies.

No mix up on Satyakaam. It used to play on 15th August / 26th Jan.It has that song sung by college guys. But not Hum Bhu agar bachche hote.
Plot is in Shakti pai's post. Here is the bus song.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

Chupke Chupke - Also starring Dharam Paaji in a comic role, used to frequently come on DD. There is a subtle comedy on use of pure Hindi by Dharmender. Also, there is no SK in this. The other star is Big B.

Both Satyakaam and Chupke Chupke were directed by Hrishikesh Mukherjee.

Coming to Chori Chori Chupke it is a movie on Surrogacy where the hero hires a sex worker to have his kid. Only, unlike in the recent bollywood cases, the insemination seems to have been natural not artificial. This does have SK, Salman Khan
Old March 11th, 2017, 08:26 PM
eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
Yes. Lot of mix ups going on. Actually had to wiki these 3 movies.

No mix up on Satyakaam. It used to play on 15th August / 26th Jan.It has that song sung by college guys. But not Hum Bhu agar bachche hote.
Plot is in Shakti pai's post. Here is the bus song.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

Chupke Chupke - Also starring Dharam Paaji in a comic role, used to frequently come on DD. There is a subtle comedy on use of pure Hindi by Dharmender. Also, there is no SK in this. The other star is Big B.

Both Satyakaam and Chupke Chupke were directed by Hrishikesh Mukherjee.

Coming to Chori Chori Chupke it is a movie on Surrogacy where the hero hires a sex worker to have his kid. Only, unlike in the recent bollywood cases, the insemination seems to have been natural not artificial. This does have SK, Salman Khan
Chupke Chupke has some wondeful KK songs too.
Old March 12th, 2017, 07:13 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

That's a weird movie. I saw it several years ago. Years later I realized that you don't have to actually sleep with the guy to have his child😀