eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old September 10th, 2016, 12:25 AM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute
Comedy star Kapil Sharma controversies

5 controversies TV and comedy star Kapil Sharma has been involved in

Kapil Sharma has landed himself in quite a few controversies in a successful career spanning almost a decade now. His latest brawl is with the government of Maharashtra. He recently tweeted, calling out Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) officials who demanded a bribe of ₹5 lakh from him to build an office. He tweeted Prime Minister Narendra Modi saying, “Yeh hain aapke achhe din ? @narendramodi (sic)” and “I am paying ₹15 cr income tax from last 5 year n still i have to pay ₹5 lacs bribe to BMC office for making my office @narendramodi (sic).”

A few other controversies that have kept the comic actor in the news:
•It was reported that Kapil Sharma was accused of misbehaving with his female co-stars during an event celebrating International Marathi Film Festival Awards 2015. He allegedly behaved inappropriately with Monali Thakur, Tanishaa Mukherjee and other female stars. Kapil had refused to comment on the incident, however, he later tweeted saying, “I fall, I rise, I make mistakes, I live, I learn, I’ve been hurt but I am alive. I am human, I am not perfect but I am thankful (sic)”
•Kapil Sharma was recently in news because of the backlash he received from a group of nurses from various medical colleges and hospitals in Amritsar. They planned to file a defamation case against him and had staged a protest against the comedy star as they took offence with the way their profession was represented on The Kapil Sharma Show. The show has Rochelle Rao portraying the character of a glamorous nurse, which led to people raising objections.

•Kapil Sharma courted controversy once more when his flagship show Comedy Nights with Kapil aired its last episode on the television channel Colors after a successful stint of two-and-a-half years. Colors went on record to say that Kapil was asking for more money and had violated a few clauses in the contract by hosting shows on rival channels. However, Kapil maintained that he had quit the channel because another show with the same concept had been launched on the same channel which would affect the popularity of his show.
•Kapil Sharma was reportedly paid ₹1.25 crores for CCL (Celebrity Cricket League). Though he was supposed to host the extra innings, reports of him walking out of the league at the last moment surfaced.
•In another incident, Kapil’s jokes didn’t go down well with viewers and women activists raised their voice against a particular joke made by the comedian in his show. Making fun of the nation’s potholes, he joked about a woman who could deliver babies while commuting on potholed roads. This aggravated a number of women’s associations, which lodged a complaint against him with the Maharashtra State Women’s Commission.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/mumbai...ubQ9INhPO.html
Old September 10th, 2016, 02:03 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Comedy star Kapil Sharma controversies

May be Sidhu is guiding him?

Anyway, I'm no fan of his comedy which at most times is very low level. I absolutely hate comedy that hits on disabled or physical features of people.
Old September 11th, 2016, 07:15 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

The whole comedy-circus show was bad... mostly slapstick, literally. Did not like Kapil's comedy itself as he tends to be derogatory... especially towards women.

What surprises me is that women like his comedy

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old April 16th, 2017, 04:21 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
May be Sidhu is guiding him?

Anyway, I'm no fan of his comedy which at most times is very low level. I absolutely hate comedy that hits on disabled or physical features of people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
The whole comedy-circus show was bad... mostly slapstick, literally. Did not like Kapil's comedy itself as he tends to be derogatory... especially towards women.

What surprises me is that women like his comedy
Not sure if Kapil Sharma show does that, but Gult shows copied from it feature cross dressers which is supposed to be funny. Better half laughs but i get disgusted.
Old April 16th, 2017, 08:07 PM
Junior eCharchan

log1iszero is just really nicelog1iszero is just really nicelog1iszero is just really nicelog1iszero is just really nicelog1iszero is just really nice

Fart-arse ko charabi chari hai,……

Kabhi KRK ke khilaaf,..
Kabhi Modi ke khilaaf,..
Kabhi Sunil grover ke khilaaf,...

Jab bhi koi bina padhe-likhe, faggotic idiot ko, bas yun hi,… yun hi muft mein,…. Ijjut-soharat, daulat sab kuchh mil jaata hai naa,….. very few can digest that success…. And it’s a fact.

His all shows humiliated and insults the audiences,….. all of his co-stars, caste, community, foreign audiences,… and who not,…

Many caste, community, region, religion, chinkis, pregnant aurat, foreigners in show, and mainly all of his jokes and cuts are on aurat-jaat and his audiences,…

In Gujarat, we have tons of daayra and comedian guys from shahbudin rathod, Maya bhai, to saainram dave,.. but they never have to humiliate the audience or aurats.

No doubt, his presence of mind and satires remain sharp n' instantaneous,…… but always at the cost of either the audience or his co-workers,… !!
Old April 17th, 2017, 05:36 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
Not sure if Kapil Sharma show does that, but Gult shows copied from it feature cross dressers which is supposed to be funny. Better half laughs but i get disgusted.
Kapil's show does that but it's limited now.. the laughter shows he was part of had quite a lot of slap-stick comedy and also the Pakistani style of humiliating comedy.. where you have jokes at the expense of a co-star.

Kapil's show.. the Bengali girl playing his wife is often called out for big lips, short height, etc.

The cross dressing characters will remove the little respect left for elders. Aunt, grandma are often shown as wanting hot young guys/actors. I feel the concept of Kapil's show was copied from The Kumars at No. 42, a famous British tv show, though they made it crass and crude.

Also, I didn't quite understand the value of Sidhu in the show, it's not like he's a judge, so just like a court jester he provides some shayari, wise comments, and canned laughter?
Old April 17th, 2017, 12:48 PM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

i am yet to see a single show of his. I will watch.
Old April 18th, 2017, 07:19 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
Meta contrarian? I don't like shows and movies liked generally. Since I don't like this, you think it maybe good?
Old April 18th, 2017, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
It's in Hindi .. very little English and no Telugu Tamil at all.
Old April 18th, 2017, 08:04 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
It's in Hindi .. very little English and no Telugu Tamil at all.
i know Hindi!
Old April 18th, 2017, 08:13 AM
Junior eCharchan

log1iszero is just really nicelog1iszero is just really nicelog1iszero is just really nicelog1iszero is just really nicelog1iszero is just really nice

Guy was good when the great laughter shows of Sidhu-Suman had started and also had won the grand-finale of one season, I remember,.... ! I have seen almost 99.9 percent of his KNWK shows,
as that was the only one of the best stuff available among all TV shows for past few years,.. as I never watch rona-dhona sort of any series or serial,... either on Hindi or on the US TV,...

IMO...Few guys remain god-gifted and,.. have ( natural boon ) extremely sharp presence of mind, n' their neuron processing in da brain works, couple fraction of seconds faster than other normal and many average persons,...

I think,.... SRK, KJo and Kapil are among these,..
Old April 18th, 2017, 09:30 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by log1iszero View Post
Guy was good when the great laughter shows of Sidhu-Suman had started and also had won the grand-finale of one season, I remember,.... ! ...
That was time, with the few episodes that I watched, when I had formed my distaste for his comedy. Yeah, timing was good... but his disparaging attitude and the general slap-stick comedy of all shows (not just his) turned me off completely. He then it seems just expanded his show to a full half or full hour that he now has... with the same type of comedy. Could not take more than couple of shows... much better things to do.

Quote:
IMO...Few guys remain god-gifted and,.. have ( natural boon ) extremely sharp presence of mind, n' their neuron processing in da brain works, couple fraction of seconds faster than other normal and many average persons,...

Looks like you have not met many people... or seen many shows. But koi gal nahi... ab tu yaha aa gaya hai, Logmeinhizero pai... now you will meet many people, with excellent comic timing

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old April 18th, 2017, 03:31 PM
Junior eCharchan

You are not alone in the boat, but I bet and put my wallet on it,… if you go to any south Indian mentalities forums,..... they all would have hated and disliked him and rather say,…99 % would rather say,.. who da hell he is/was never heard of him ! They would even say the same for Amitabh and Rajesh khanna too,… I have seen and heard the people, discussing , who was Rafi,… and Sanjeev Kapoor ( cooking guy ) had worked in Sholey,.. .. other best example here is,… aashika even says she never heard of him,….. But, to tell you the truth,....I had rather more surprised,…. If she had said,.. I have heard of him ( Kapil ) ,….. Lol.

Do you know,… Whaaay ?? Coz his area, material and corner was North Indian minded, his satires, cuts, jokes and all such would require vast and various field of knowledge which certain caste, tribe and community miss terribly,…. and it will hit very hard,. rather say,…. Terribly hard,…. In that missing and lack area of any typical south Indians, as per their typical mind, mentality, narrow minded living and field of limited interests and lack of all-rounderships,... ….. If you'd asked them,… they have never ever heard of Raju srivastava, Sunil Pal, Asarani even,..… Omar sheriff and few other super-hit Pakistani stars,… too !

Just remember,... 99 percent ppl,... when they,.... He was a sootiya,... the fact governs that they have no courage to admit that,... in fact I am a sootiya that I dunno much about Nehru, Sachin, Rafi, Lata, Sania, Gawaskar, Amitabh and such....

Last edited by log1iszero; April 18th, 2017 at 03:39 PM.
Old April 18th, 2017, 04:09 PM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You are not alone in the boat, but I bet and put my wallet on it,… if you go to any south Indian mentalities forums,..... they all would have hated and disliked him and rather say,…99 % would rather say,.. who da hell he is/was never heard of him ! They would even say the same for Amitabh and Rajesh khanna too,… I have seen and heard the people, discussing , who was Rafi,… and Sanjeev Kapoor ( cooking guy ) had worked in Sholey,.. .. other best example here is,… aashika even says she never heard of him,….. But, to tell you the truth,....I had rather more surprised,…. If she had said,.. I have heard of him ( Kapil ) ,….. Lol.

Do you know,… Whaaay ?? Coz his area, material and corner was North Indian minded, his satires, cuts, jokes and all such would require vast and various field of knowledge which certain caste, tribe and community miss terribly,…. and it will hit very hard,. rather say,…. Terribly hard,…. In that missing and lack area of any typical south Indians, as per their typical mind, mentality, narrow minded living and field of limited interests and lack of all-rounderships,... ….. If you'd asked them,… they have never ever heard of Raju srivastava, Sunil Pal, Asarani even,..… Omar sheriff and few other super-hit Pakistani stars,… too !

Just remember,... 99 percent ppl,... when they,.... He was a sootiya,... the fact governs that they have no courage to admit that,... in fact I am a sootiya that I dunno much about Nehru, Sachin, Rafi, Lata, Sania, Gawaskar, Amitabh and such....

so what ? even north indians have not heard of many south indian film and TV personalities . you have no right to call south indians as narrow minded .
Old April 18th, 2017, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
so what ? Even north indians have not heard of many south indian film and tv personalities . You have no right to call south indians as narrow minded .