eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old May 26th, 2015, 07:46 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Movies watched on a plane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagmohan View Post
Folk, I have not much traveled via plane recently, for a long time, so, not much experience here.
Long ago, they were showing ‘Coming to America’ and 'Ramavtar' of Sridevi’ movies at taht time, and that I remember, on my long international flights.
So, the last time you flew on a flight showing movies was 25 years back.
Old May 26th, 2015, 08:46 PM
Banned

Jagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond repute

^^ I went 2-3 times to India afterwards that time of 87-88, but I generally go to sleep and have no interest in any English movies, as ppl are moving in your way, and ppl open and close the windows and there remains lots of disturbances. I always take my seat next to the window and go to sleep.

2 days before the flight, there always remain so much daud-dhaam for preparing bags, weighing, purchases, airport hassle, from home town to airport of car travel,. etc etc. So, I sleep a lot during the flight.
Old May 26th, 2015, 10:57 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagmohan View Post
^^ I went 2-3 times to India afterwards that time of 87-88, but I generally go to sleep and have no interest in any English movies, as ppl are moving in your way, and ppl open and close the windows and there remains lots of disturbances. I always take my seat next to the window and go to sleep.

2 days before the flight, there always remain so much daud-dhaam for preparing bags, weighing, purchases, airport hassle, from home town to airport of car travel,. etc etc. So, I sleep a lot during the flight.
In 87-88 they did use to open and close plane windows......... I once put my roomal down on seat through the window......
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old April 14th, 2017, 08:47 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

The 'flight' tag I added to UA thread brought me to this thread.

I watched these movies recently on UA flight from DEL to EWR in January.

Kapoor & Sons - average movie in my view, I don't know why I watched it fully. Rishi Kapoor with the weird get up actually stands out with good acting, some good comic ones.

Deepwater Horizon - what a movie ! (4 stars on 5).. I had almost forgotten about the accident in 2010, had followed all the news back then.. this movie clearly highlights corporate greed and what happens when shit hits the fan because you cut corners.

Quote:
Deepwater Horizon

A dramatization of the April 2010 disaster, when the offshore drilling rig Deepwater Horizon exploded and created the worst oil spill in U.S. history.
Old April 14th, 2017, 12:00 PM
Senior eCharchan

log1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud oflog1iszero has much to be proud of

Watching a movie in a plane is never fun - Just avoid, watching any good movies and spoil / ruin it,...

I had seen a long ago, Naagin of Sridevi, Raam avtaar and Welcome to America,...

1. Many people stand up and move for going to toilet,. etc.. and that disturbs the scene and concentration,... some do thak-thak of Laptops (now-a-days),... and noise of flipping the magazines,..

2. Few passengers prefer, closing and opening the windows' plastic curtains ( as they have no interest in Desi/English films ) and light disturbs you..

3. Air-hostesses are moving in and out in the middle,.... to serve others..

@@

Last edited by log1iszero; April 14th, 2017 at 12:04 PM.
Old April 15th, 2017, 06:54 AM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

I watchedthese movies on a flight recently

Revenant
Arrival
Office Christmas party
Entourage
Adore

Old April 15th, 2017, 08:35 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

I actually watched YPD - Yamla Pagla Diwana also on Plane
Old April 18th, 2017, 11:14 AM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

I either listen to songs or watch some comedy sitcoms. Watching movie on a plane is not my cup of tea.