eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Defense

Notices

Defense Defense and national security...

Old January 8th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Question What would be Ajmal Kasab's defense strategy in court?

Okay, this might sound weird and crazy, but I was thinking that Ajmal Kasab will be in court for his direct participation in the Mumbai Terror attacks of 26/11/08.

As per our legal system, everyone has a right to a defense attorney in court. If one cannot be hired by the defendant, then the government provides one.

Since our government's stand on the terror attacks has been very soft and we want to do it by the book, I thought about what the defense strategy would be for Ajmal Kasab.

Now playing devil's advocate, here is what the defense lawyer might say in court - 'Ajmal Kasab is a Pakistani. That has been proven by the intelligence services in India. However, he is a member of the Pakistani army. He was in Mumbai on orders of the Pakistani army as a member of a small unit to wage war against India.

So in essence he is a soldier following orders. Now as per Geneva conventions, he should be treated as a Prisoner Of War (POW). Under the same convention, POWs cannot be given the death penalty and only their country of origin can punish them with death. So Ajmal Kasab should be handed over to Pakistan or kept in Indian jails, but death penalty is out of the question"

I know this is a very weird topic I raised, but what do you think? What do you think will happen in court?
Old January 8th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What would be Ajmal Kasab's defense strategy in court?

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
Okay, this might sound weird and crazy, but I was thinking that Ajmal Kasab will be in court for his direct participation in the Mumbai Terror attacks of 26/11/08.

As per our legal system, everyone has a right to a defense attorney in court. If one cannot be hired by the defendant, then the government provides one.

Since our government's stand on the terror attacks has been very soft and we want to do it by the book, I thought about what the defense strategy would be for Ajmal Kasab.

Now playing devil's advocate, here is what the defense lawyer might say in court - 'Ajmal Kasab is a Pakistani. That has been proven by the intelligence services in India. However, he is a member of the Pakistani army. He was in Mumbai on orders of the Pakistani army as a member of a small unit to wage war against India.

So in essence he is a soldier following orders. Now as per Geneva conventions, he should be treated as a Prisoner Of War (POW). Under the same convention, POWs cannot be given the death penalty and only their country of origin can punish them with death. So Ajmal Kasab should be handed over to Pakistan or kept in Indian jails, but death penalty is out of the question"

I know this is a very weird topic I raised, but what do you think? What do you think will happen in court?
Since we are not at war with Pakistan officially, they cannot hide under Geneva convention rules as those only apply to official military action. They would either have to prove that
a. India and Pakistan are officially at war

or

b. This was an officially sanctioned military action by Pakistan - not just say it, but prove it. This, of course, would be tantamount to a declaration of war, so it wont happen.
Old January 8th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Senior eCharchan

Desa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond repute

I think the best defence strategy would be to plead "Guilty" and in return for life imprisonment, Kasab would have to help in giving all the information about his group and their hideouts.
Old January 8th, 2009, 01:30 PM
unbanned and unstoppable

gayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant futuregayaguzra#1 has a brilliant future

Also if they take the line he is puki military guy and following orders, that means Pakistan will have to say that he is our military guy and was following orders. naah they wont do that. That means they admit guilt and the world van officially declare pukes as a terrorist nation. I wish they do that as that will bring more pressure on pukes
Old January 8th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Senior eCharchan

Gr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond repute

Insanity, which is true for all these motherf#@kers.

Ek he ulloo kafi hai barbade gulistan kee liya,
Anjamye gulistan kya hoga jab har daal pee ulloo bethe hoon
Old January 8th, 2009, 06:13 PM
eCharchan

natkhat is a glorious beacon of lightnatkhat is a glorious beacon of lightnatkhat is a glorious beacon of lightnatkhat is a glorious beacon of lightnatkhat is a glorious beacon of light

Plead not guilty: i did all this for my love of 72 virgins everything is fare in love & war
Old January 8th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Senior eCharchan

Randheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond repute

Kasab will not be given Death Sentence as he provides suffcient "Khalnayak" type Sanjay Dutt stories to "Aajtak" and "Star News". A spoiled son missing his mother

He provides stories to NDTV and Congress for how he was agitated by Godhra and Babri Masjid Fiasco, a weapon against BJP.

Technically his crime is not "Rarest of Rare" as he has not planned the conspiracy like Afzal Guru. So Death Sentence is a bit doubtful.
Old January 9th, 2009, 12:06 AM
Senior eCharchan

aragorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond repute

a Single line statement will see his acquittal....

I am a muslim and thats why i m being harassed by hindu dominated India. UPA Govt will make sure that all the charge were false... CCTV footage were tempered by BJP/RSS/SS.....
Old January 9th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
a Single line statement will see his acquittal....

I am a muslim and thats why i m being harassed by hindu dominated India. UPA Govt will make sure that all the charge were false... CCTV footage were tempered by BJP/RSS/SS.....
I now appoint you the defense lawyer for Ajmal Kasab. You have come up with the most brilliant yet the most simple solution! You are right. In India Congress will always be soft with Muslims and Muslim terrorists.