eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Indian Politics

Notices

Indian Politics Our national time-pass!

Old September 11th, 2001, 06:07 AM
Senior eCharchan

MehtaRahulC will become famous soon enoughMehtaRahulC will become famous soon enough
Ambedkar and Freedom Struggle

If I were a dalit youth today, I would have accepted Islam or Christianity, even if it means loosing reservation.

And if I were a dalit in 1947, I would have NEVER supported any freedom fighter.I would have preferred Britishers over Indians

Did Ambedkar supported Congress? Many times Congress leaders DID NOT allow him to speak in meetings weher he was invited. Rajendra Prasad used to frown upon his name. except Gandhiji, most Congress leaders were 100% castist by mind.

Whatever dignity lowers got till 1947 was becuz Britishers believed in social equality more than Indians. For example, most Hindu Kings would have never allowed a dalit in a collage, but Britishers never objected to dalit's entry in collage. So Ambedkar was RIGHTLY worried that if Britishers were to leave, upper caste individuals would again throw dalits at the bottom of the social ladder within 10 years.

Ambedkar was wrong, but ONLY about the timing. After 50 years, today, the upper caste youth is ACTIVELY trying to throw the dalits at the bottom of socio-economic-political ladder. How?

Today, police atrocity on Dalits is MORE THAN RAMPANT. The police officers of lower ranks (Inspectors, PSI etc) savagely beat dalits and IPS/IAS officers seldom take any action against such PSIs/PIs. The younger an IAS/IPS officer is, more castism he will be. And worse, the judges in court will only throw muddatts (dates) on such atrocity case till the witness gets tired and stops coming. Eventually, the judge will dismiss the case. And younger a judge is, more castist/corrupt he is. Even if a PI has murdered a dalit right in the police custody, the judge will seldom punish him.

In short, dalits were better-off with british police and british judges. If I were a dalit today, I would actively urge Britishers to take-over India once again.

-Rahul Mehta