eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Taaza Khabar - Current news

Notices

Taaza Khabar - Current news Discuss the latest news making waves...

Old August 11th, 2006, 06:22 AM
Banned

max de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud of
U.S. warns of attacks in India

U.S. warns of attacks in India.
NEW DELHI, India (Reuters) -- The U.S. embassy in India warned American citizens on Friday of possible attacks by al Qaeda in or around New Delhi and Mumbai in the run-up to the country's Independence Day celebrations next week.

The warning came a day after British police said they foiled a major plot to attack transatlantic airliners, and exactly a month after Mumbai, India's commercial hub, was hit by a series of bomb blasts which killed 186 people and wounded over 700.

The Indian government, however, tried to play down the alert saying it was a routine advisory by a foreign mission to its nationals.

Officials at several other foreign missions, including the British and the German, also said they were not aware of any specific threat.

"We have urged U.S. citizens to keep a low profile, be alert and attentive to their surroundings," a U.S. embassy spokesman said.

"The embassy has learnt that foreign terrorists, possibly including members of al Qaeda, allegedly intend to carry out a series of attacks," he said, adding the attacks might occur in or around New Delhi and Mumbai.

The information was gathered by U.S. intelligence agencies and the embassy was working closely with the Indian government, he added.

"Likely targets include major airports, key central Indian government offices, and major gathering places such as hotels and markets," he added.

India celebrates the anniversary of independence from British colonial rule on Aug. 15 and security has already been stepped up in the capital as well as other major cities.

The festivities have been marred in the past by attacks by Islamist militants fighting Indian rule in disputed Kashmir as well as insurgent groups in the country's troubled northeast.

Routine advisory
Indian officials said the country was anyway on a high alert in the run up to Aug. 15 and they were working with U.S. agencies over the alert, which, they added, was not unusual.

"It is normal for missions to issue advisories when they have any information," Indian Home Secretary Vinod Kumar Duggal told a news conference. "It's a very innocuous advisory ... to their own staff, to their own employees."

Some U.S. nationals echoed Duggal's sentiments.

Stuart Zimble, a humanitarian worker from Philadelphia, said he had received similar warnings in the past "although nothing so specific, about al Qaeda".

"For me it's not that unusual," said Zimble who has lived in New Delhi for over three years. "It's a relatively safe city, but on big holidays I generally stick close to home."

Earlier, following the arrests in Britain, security at all 55 airports across India was tightened and hand baggage was not being allowed on certain flights to the West.

Also, police in the Indian capital said they had arrested two men they said were members of Pakistan-based Islamist group Lashkar-e-Taiba late on Thursday from New Delhi's main railway station after they arrived from Kashmir.

"They were carrying some RDX explosives and weapons. We suspect they planned an attack during Independence Day celebrations," a Delhi Police spokesman said.

Lashkar has been blamed for several deadly attacks in Kashmir and elsewhere across India in the past, including serial bomb blasts in Delhi last year and the Mumbai train bombings.

Officials in Mumbai said they were taking the U.S. warnings very seriously.

"We are stepping up security at the U.S. consulate in Mumbai as well as at the airport and other major installations," said D.K. Sankaran, the most senior bureaucrat of Maharashtra state, of which Mumbai is the capital.

"This warning as well as other factors such as what happened in Britain yesterday and the run-up to Independence Day is making us take this all very seriously," he told Reuters.

Copyright 2006 Reuters. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapc...eut/index.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 000000000000.jpg (12.5 KB, 58 views)
Old August 11th, 2006, 08:11 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: U.S. warns of attacks in India

Already the terrorists had a test run pon 7/11 in Mumbai.

Now its the real thing... I wont be surprised if bomsbs go off on Aug 15th.

Ha ha ha.. We have become such eunuchs that we wont be able to defend ourselves even on 15th August..

AllL I can do is ask my family members to stay indoors and not care a hoot about going out to see the Aug 15th parade. Who cares if there is a parade or not.. WHy get blown up for sake of some Al Qaeeda bull $hit.
Old August 11th, 2006, 09:00 AM
eCharchan

Cooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond repute

I am travelling on Sunday 13 Aug & then returning on the 15th.

I won't change my travel plans & shall go as scheduled. Don't give a damn if any attacks take place or not during my air travel.

We are already living every day here under the shadow of terror. This doesn't seem any different.
Old August 11th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Banned

max de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud of

del....

Old August 11th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha
Already the terrorists had a test run pon 7/11 in Mumbai.

Now its the real thing... I wont be surprised if bomsbs go off on Aug 15th.

Ha ha ha.. We have become such eunuchs that we wont be able to defend ourselves even on 15th August..

AllL I can do is ask my family members to stay indoors and not care a hoot about going out to see the Aug 15th parade. Who cares if there is a parade or not.. WHy get blown up for sake of some Al Qaeeda bull $hit.
After test....next could be extremely serious.....
Kaangresi hizdas will not do enouhg....they will better blame each others for some minor problems.....

they do'nt much care about security of citizens...
i do'nt know even in India exist...HomeLand security Dept like in US..

we Indians need to be very care full...with these Mullah Bastords and with Kaangres

Last edited by max de Indiana; August 11th, 2006 at 09:49 AM.
Old August 11th, 2006, 11:45 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by max de Indiana
After test....next could be extremely serious.....
Kaangresi hizdas will not do enouhg....they will better blame each others for some minor problems.....

they do'nt much care about security of citizens...
i do'nt know even in India exist...HomeLand security Dept like in US..

we Indians need to be very care full...with these Mullah Bastords and with Kaangres
Basically even if BJP was in New Delhi, things would not be different. BJP is like the current President George Bush- leaning all the way from its core values and trying to appease the other side.

Congress was always the other side. So common people have nothing except assurance of an announcement by the government to compensate their relatives in case of death by terrorism.
Old August 11th, 2006, 10:22 PM
pokiri_143

I am so angry at the Al Queda members and all that. What joy do they get from destructing the world and making bombs? They really need to get a life. I wish they would stop. What started the war anyway?
Old August 11th, 2006, 10:51 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

They get a life?
hah!!
their aim was to send a message to US and UK to stop supporting Israel.
They are assholes!!