eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old June 20th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Junior eCharchan

daruwala is on a distinguished road
Post waah ri jaaneman !! WAH !! School girls suspended for drinking in class

link

3 Indore girls drink vodka in class, suspended

INDORE: Three high school girls were suspended from an Indore school after they were found drinking vodka in class.

The 17-year-old girls of KB Patel Gujarati Kanya Uchchatar Madhyamik Vidhyalaya were found drinking from water bottles last Friday. They were found out after one of the girls puked after drinking vodka.
Old June 20th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: waah ri jaaneman !! WAH !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daruwala View Post
link

3 Indore girls drink vodka in class, suspended

INDORE: Three high school girls were suspended from an Indore school after they were found drinking vodka in class.

The 17-year-old girls of KB Patel Gujarati Kanya Uchchatar Madhyamik Vidhyalaya were found drinking from water bottles last Friday. They were found out after one of the girls puked after drinking vodka.
A request, in interests of our forum and members - Can you please put proper contextual titles for your threads? Expressions are allowed but please add a summary to the title.
Old June 21st, 2011, 05:00 AM
Senior eCharchan

chaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond repute

Modernity is rushing in headlong and corrupting our bholi-bhali ladkiyan. Oh, for the days of yore.
Old June 21st, 2011, 05:19 AM
Instant Mischief

Budmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: waah ri jaaneman !! WAH !!

Quote:
waah ri jaaneman !! WAH !! .

Half of the post title mentioned above is senseless.

Old June 21st, 2011, 08:36 AM
Senior eCharchan

Premi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond repute

the link gave millions of popups.

here is the rest of the report.

Pankaj Sanghvi, a trustee of the school, said, "One of the girls had brought vodka in a transparent water bottle. Two of them drank and then asked the third student to try. It's likely the third girl was consuming alcohol for the first time. She vomited in class."

Seeing her unwell, the teacher rushed to her and realised she was sick. The girls had an unsteady gait and their speech was slurred. The teacher then found the bottle which reeked of alcohol.

After they were found out, one of the girls threatened the teacher with dire consequences.

Sanghvi said, "The girls made a mistake. We called their parents and the girls were suspended immediately. They come from influential and rich families." The school is run by the conservative Gujarati Samaj.

A member of the school management said one of the girls stole the vodka from her grandfather's bar. She chose vodka because it is clear and transparent as water and wouldn't be detected.
Old June 21st, 2011, 08:58 AM
Senior eCharchan

chaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond repute

Premi Bhau, you have highlighted the wrong part. How does it matter if some conservative organization runs the school or a liberal foundation runs the school?

The correct sentence to highlight was the preceding one. Teenagers want to experiment with boundaries imposed on them. When you are rich and young, you have more room to experiment.
Old June 21st, 2011, 09:01 AM
Senior eCharchan

Premi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaiwaala View Post
Premi Bhau, you have highlighted the wrong part. How does it matter if some conservative organization runs the school or a liberal foundation runs the school?

The correct sentence to highlight was the preceding one. Teenagers want to experiment with boundaries imposed on them. When you are rich and young, you have more room to experiment.
nope... the right text has been highlighted there.

conservative gujrati samaaj should know that by now that modernisation has surpassed their clubs and dandiya raas and drinking whole night. it has reached to a level where they have to show some attention to the growing kids too instead of multiplying their business.
Old June 21st, 2011, 09:05 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premi View Post

A member of the school management said one of the girls stole the vodka from her grandfather's bar. She chose vodka because it is clear and transparent as water and wouldn't be detected.
This clearly shows the ignorance and lack of education on the girls part. Just because vodka is clear, she thought she would not be detected!

When we were in school we had something called 'social sciences' where teacher used to talk about things like alcohol etc. I wonder if conservative schools talk about this anymore or not.
Old June 21st, 2011, 09:07 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi Tai, nobody in school taught me anything about the chemical composition of alcohol or sex ed, for that matter. Did ya attend one of 'em posh missionary schools?
Old June 21st, 2011, 09:12 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
nobody in school taught me anything about the chemical composition of alcohol or sex ed,
so do you regret now about those things which were not taught to you in your school days...OR still you are a better person with high morals and culture in you.
Old June 21st, 2011, 09:16 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Rakhi Tai, nobody in school taught me anything about the chemical composition of alcohol or sex ed, for that matter. Did ya attend one of 'em posh missionary schools?
I attended a very common State School Board's Chaiwaala. In fact my schooling was in a small town (ya...I am a small town girl). Only after I finished my 10th standard did I join college in a city. Actually its a chain of schools which are opened across Andhra. Though they are not as advanced as CBSC school syllabus, teachers used to make sure that we know what we are doing. Did you know that they even taught us knitting and gardening?

Edit: I would like to add another thing. They never taught us that alcohol is bad or that we have to look down on people who take alcohol. As I said, I come from a small town where many children had dad's who regularly take alcohol/toddy. They taught us the repercussions of misusing alcohol at a wrong age.

Last edited by Rakhi; June 21st, 2011 at 09:18 AM.
Old June 21st, 2011, 09:19 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
Did you know that they even taught us knitting and gardening?
and cooking ... to become this type of a master in cooking you must have attended some cookery classes or something. right?
Old June 21st, 2011, 09:21 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
and cooking ... to become this type of a master in cooking you must have attended some cookery classes or something. right?
No...I picked it up from my mom. I used to help her in the kitchen and I fell in love with cooking.
Old June 21st, 2011, 09:28 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
No...I picked it up from my mom. I used to help her in the kitchen and I fell in love with cooking.

great .. we have seen your cooking and gardening... do you knit too... Its about time to begin ur skill-testing for the small pair of booties...noh?
Old June 21st, 2011, 10:09 AM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
so do you regret now about those things which were not taught to you in your school days...OR still you are a better person with high morals and culture in you.

And you are saying you were taught "Everything".