eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old June 23rd, 2011, 11:29 AM
Senior eCharchan

chaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Would you sleep with a stranger?

You want short versions? Really short ones? Why bother reading a whole novel?

Short versions of novels copied from here.

OK, here goes.

Pride and Prejudice By Jane Austen
Mr. Darcy: Nothing is good enough for me.
Ms. Elizabeth Bennet: I could never marry that proud man.
(They change their minds.)
THE END

Wuthering Heights By Emily Bronte
Lockwood: I think I'll stay here. Tell me a story, woman.
Nelly Dean: I'm no gossip, mind you, but this guy Heathcliff got adopted, everyone hated him, and his love Catherine died.
Heathcliff: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! (dies)
Lockwood: I'll be on my way.
THE END

Don Quixote By Cervantes
Don Quixote: Chivalry demands I destroy that evil thing.
Sancho Panza: No, master. It is something ordinary and harmless.
Don Quixote: (falls down)
THE END

Ivanov By Anton Chekhov
Ivanov: I hate myself so much I shall kill my wife.
Sasha: I love you because you hate yourself.
Ivanov: I hate myself so much I shall marry you.
Sasha: Deal.
(They get married.)
Ivanov: I hate myself. (commits suicide)
THE END

Crime and Punishment By Fyodor Dostoevsky
Raskolnikov: I'm so extraordinary, I can commit crimes. (kills some people)
Sonia: I'm the spiritual side of Raskolnikov.
Porfiry: I'm the intellectual side of Raskolnikov.
Raskolnikov: I have reconciled the two sides of my personality, represented so well by Sonia and Porfiry. (confesses)
THE END
Old June 23rd, 2011, 12:11 PM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

I am impressed chaiwaala! Good one .
Old June 23rd, 2011, 12:42 PM
Senior eCharchan

chaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
I am impressed chaiwaala! Good one .
Copy-pasting is not a skill to be taken lightly.

I only read two of those novels, Pride and Prejudice and Wuthering Heights.

What I remember of Pride and Prejudice is some wealthy British dude was trying to get hitched and gets hitched. I do remember the names Darcy and Elizabeth. There's a lot of teas and social niceties and finely-mannered ladies and gentlemen populate the novel.

What I remember of Wuthering Heights is some dude was obsessed with some gal. Maniacally obsessed. Dude's name was Heathcliff and he was a gypsy who was adopted. The physical environment in the novel was harsh and foreboding just like Heathcliff's maniacal obsession takes you aback.
Old June 23rd, 2011, 02:17 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaiwaala View Post
You want short versions? Really short ones? Why bother reading a whole novel?

Short versions of novels copied from here.

OK, here goes.

Pride and Prejudice By Jane Austen
Mr. Darcy: Nothing is good enough for me.
Ms. Elizabeth Bennet: I could never marry that proud man.
(They change their minds.)
THE END

Wuthering Heights By Emily Bronte
Lockwood: I think I'll stay here. Tell me a story, woman.
Nelly Dean: I'm no gossip, mind you, but this guy Heathcliff got adopted, everyone hated him, and his love Catherine died.
Heathcliff: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! (dies)
Lockwood: I'll be on my way.
THE END

Don Quixote By Cervantes
Don Quixote: Chivalry demands I destroy that evil thing.
Sancho Panza: No, master. It is something ordinary and harmless.
Don Quixote: (falls down)
THE END

Ivanov By Anton Chekhov
Ivanov: I hate myself so much I shall kill my wife.
Sasha: I love you because you hate yourself.
Ivanov: I hate myself so much I shall marry you.
Sasha: Deal.
(They get married.)
Ivanov: I hate myself. (commits suicide)
THE END

Crime and Punishment By Fyodor Dostoevsky
Raskolnikov: I'm so extraordinary, I can commit crimes. (kills some people)
Sonia: I'm the spiritual side of Raskolnikov.
Porfiry: I'm the intellectual side of Raskolnikov.
Raskolnikov: I have reconciled the two sides of my personality, represented so well by Sonia and Porfiry. (confesses)
THE END
Sir, accept my
Old June 23rd, 2011, 04:23 PM
Senior eCharchan

krantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
I dont know why authors have to write psycho babble as 'intelligent conversation'

Art of storytelling is something special. Very few have it. On our forum, we are blessed with one such artist - Shringarey!
When are you putting back the story of the builder ?
you have not responded to my earlier queries regarding this. you should at least say something.

Old June 23rd, 2011, 05:39 PM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by krantikari View Post
you have not responded to my earlier queries regarding this. you should at least say something.

Story of Bob the Builder ?
Old June 23rd, 2011, 05:42 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Its the Mumbai Film Star story... Yes I will finish it someday ... Sorry for the inordinate delay. Builder story was always complete.
Old June 23rd, 2011, 06:39 PM
The NEo of Echarcha

JaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond repute
cha pai plot bhul chuke hai , story to khatam hota rahega . Abhi yeh bata khooni kaun tha
Old June 23rd, 2011, 09:42 PM
Senior eCharchan

krantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaiSpeaks View Post
cha pai plot bhul chuke hai , story to khatam hota rahega . Abhi yeh bata khooni kaun tha
Inspector Bhosdekar.... Cha am I right?
Old June 23rd, 2011, 10:41 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
Inspector Bhosdekar.... Cha am I right?
Inspector Bansode!!
Old June 24th, 2011, 05:52 AM
Senior eCharchan

Diplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond reputeDiplomat has a reputation beyond repute

Why the fk would i sleep with a stranger. In darkness Youbmight be fki g a goat and you would not know

Old June 24th, 2011, 06:37 AM
Senior eCharchan

GameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond reputeGameOn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
Story of Bob the Builder ?
Quote:
Its the Mumbai Film Star story... Yes I will finish it someday ... Sorry for the inordinate delay. Builder story was always complete.
Quote:
Inspector Bansode!!
Will inspector ban soda sleep with 2 strangers at the same time to solve the case i.e. bob the builder and the film star??maybe the genitals hold the clue to the murder?