eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > Crowning Glory

Notices

Crowning Glory A home for our best content ... award winning created by eCharchans!!

Old April 15th, 2015, 08:48 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lateral puzzle

Question - A guy opens a site on his PC and utters WTF loudly. Why does he do that?

Ans - he has just been to this thread in EC
Old April 15th, 2015, 08:55 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
Question - A guy opens a site on his PC and utters WTF loudly. Why does he do that?

repeat of lateral puzzles???
Old April 15th, 2015, 09:30 AM
Senior eCharchan

Jagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post

^^ Sorry to say,.. but in Gujarat we say,..

ખાસ, કયીન જાય્મ્યુંન નહીં, બોસ્સ !
( didn't create its magna-monous spark with any loud-blast, as per expecetd )

I agree, some may be of repeat. Major never discussed on the very thread.
Old April 15th, 2015, 11:48 AM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

Most interesting Maths puzzle going around in the world. Are you the genius who can solve this?
👇
Albert and Bernard just became friends with Cheryl, and they want to know when her birthday is. Cheryl gives them a list of 10 possible dates.

May 15 May 16 May 19
June 17 June 18
July 14 July 16
August 14 August 15 August 17

Cheryl then tells Albert and Bernard separately the month and the day of her birthday respectively.

Albert: I don't know when Cheryl's birthday is, but I know that Bernard does not know too.

Bernard: At first I don't know when Cheryl's birthday is, but I know now.

Albert: Then I also know when Chery's birthday is.

So when is Cheryl's birthday?

Old April 15th, 2015, 02:08 PM
Senior eCharchan

Jagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalidas View Post
Most interesting Maths puzzle going around in the world. Are you the genius who can solve this?
��
Albert and Bernard just became friends with Cheryl, and they want to know when her birthday is. Cheryl gives them a list of 10 possible dates.

May 15 May 16 May 19
June 17 June 18
July 14 July 16
August 14 August 15 August 17

Cheryl then tells Albert and Bernard separately the month and the day of her birthday respectively.

Albert: I don't know when Cheryl's birthday is, but I know that Bernard does not know too.

Albert: Then I also know when Chery's birthday is.

So when is Cheryl's birthday?
Oh ! Come' on !! That’s an old now, yaar !

Circulating for last 10+ days. Nthg in it.

If you had read my earlier post,.. there had a “ color of the hat ” identifying puzzle where the guys are standing on the ladders and have to tell the color of the hat correctly, or the guy will be crucified,..
this is the same riddle.

The keyword here is “ respectively “

And,.. as you know, the answer is “ July 16

Ask,... if it needs any further explanation. I don’t think so, it should.

Last edited by Jagmohan; April 15th, 2015 at 02:18 PM.
Old April 16th, 2015, 05:40 AM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagmohan View Post

Circulating for last 10+ days. Nthg in it.

If you had read my earlier post,.. there had a “ color of the hat ” identifying puzzle where the guys are standing on the ladders and have to tell the color of the hat correctly, or the guy will be crucified,..
this is the same riddle.

The keyword here is “ respectively “

And,.. as you know, the answer is “ July 16

Ask,... if it needs any further explanation. I don’t think so, it should.

The Answer is not July 16th. It's August 17th.

Old April 16th, 2015, 05:44 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The Answer is not July 16th. It's August 17th.

Correct answer is what Jagmohan says.. at least in his parallel world that's the correct answer, how dare you challenge him?

Google ' never challenge jagmohan ' and you will know.
Old April 16th, 2015, 07:20 AM
Senior eCharchan

Lol. U guys funny ! tell ya !

So, basically you want me, to explore the thought with proper explanation,.. that almost all the internet is searching for,
as it’s not doing that Math’s kid site ( no answer, yet ) who never posts answers till 2-4 weeeks and keeps their kids on an edge of thinking,
for diff. Maths / Logical puzzles every week / every month ! Haan !

----------------

Well,.. here we go.

Cheryl has told secretly and privately ONLY the month of her b-day to Albert.
So it implies, she said : May/June/July/August. ( anyone of it )

Cheryl has told secretly and privately ONLY the Day of her b-day to Bernard.
So it implies, she said : 14 / 15 / 16 / 17 / 18 / 19 ( any one of it )

Albert: I don't know when Cheryl's birthday is,
Naturally, because,… he knows only the month and every month has more than one dates related to it, in the table of “10 probable answers”.

Albert: but I know that Bernard does not know too.,
Now Al knows that ( since Bernard did not cough up yet )( it can not be on the date of 18, 19) , otherwise, Bernard should had vomited the answer because for those dates, there is only one month related, in the table of 10 probable answers ( Ans is now : 14/15/16/17 )

It’s not in June, b-coz after knowing that it can not be on 18th ( since Bernard did not cough up yet ) , if June was told to Albert he must had cough up the b-day, as june 17 only remaining there. ( If June was told to him )

Albert was sure Bernard hadn't known, so he knew it was not on 18th or 19th, so it's not in May or June.

Bernard realized the birth date after Albert's phrase, so, it can't be on 14th day. Now,… July 16, Aug 15, Aug 17 remaining.

Albert found out the birth date after Bernard's replic, so, it's not in August.

The answer is July 16.

Last edited by Jagmohan; April 16th, 2015 at 07:37 AM.
Old April 16th, 2015, 08:02 AM
Super eCharchan

Quote:
Lol. U guys funny ! tell ya !

So, basically you want me, to explore the thought with proper explanation,.. that almost all the internet is searching for,
as it’s not doing that Math’s kid site ( no answer, yet ) who never posts answers till 2-4 weeeks and keeps their kids on an edge of thinking,
for diff. Maths / Logical puzzles every week / every month ! Haan !

----------------

Well,.. here we go.

Cheryl has told secretly and privately ONLY the month of her b-day to Albert.
So it implies, she said : May/June/July/August. ( anyone of it )

Cheryl has told secretly and privately ONLY the Day of her b-day to Bernard.
So it implies, she said : 14 / 15 / 16 / 17 / 18 / 19 ( any one of it )

Albert: I don't know when Cheryl's birthday is,
Naturally, because,… he knows only the month and every month has more than one dates related to it, in the table of “10 probable answers”.

Albert: but I know that Bernard does not know too.,
Now Al knows that ( since Bernard did not cough up yet )( it can not be on the date of 18, 19) , otherwise, Bernard should had vomited the answer because for those dates, there is only one month related, in the table of 10 probable answers ( Ans is now : 14/15/16/17 )

It’s not in June, b-coz after knowing that it can not be on 18th ( since Bernard did not cough up yet ) , if June was told to Albert he must had cough up the b-day, as june 17 only remaining there. ( If June was told to him )

Albert was sure Bernard hadn't known, so he knew it was not on 18th or 19th, so it's not in May or June.

Bernard realized the birth date after Albert's phrase, so, it can't be on 14th day. Now,… July 16, Aug 15, Aug 17 remaining.

Albert found out the birth date after Bernard's replic, so, it's not in August.

The answer is July 16.

Chal .. diya .. july 16 it is. I was just testing you.

Old April 16th, 2015, 09:07 AM
Senior eCharchan

Ok yaar,.. I got many e-mails from many clubs and arenas, asking,.. "Jani can you solve/pray explain this fakking and freaking Singapore puzzle, circulating Viral now a day,…?? " and got this challenge from many, and hence this solution,…

Look at the picture.

Green circles are the given, probable 10 answers.

Horizontal lines are months, only Albert knows,
Vertical lines are Days, only Bernard knows.

Round circular numbers are elimination of sequences ( one by one ), which took place with related logic,… and then the last
the Remaining green circle – July 16 is a winner ( Answer )

Elimination of 1 and 2
In the last two vertical columns, there are only single items,
So, if Bernard was told those dates he would have knew the answer instantly, ( before even any convo. even started ) and he did not and hence Elimination of 1 and 2

Elimination of 3
Albert could see the very obvious elimination of 1 and 2 ( with above logic ) and still he did not cough up the straight answer, so he was not told the month of June, hence the elimination of 3. ( When Albert said initially, " I do not know it ". )

Elimination of 4
Elimination of 3 leads to the Elimination of 4, as that one is the only remaining in vertical column, if Bernard was told the date of 17th, he must had used above logic and would had vomitted that as an answer, but he did not, so elimination of 4.

Elimination of 5 and 6
How Albert knows that Bernard does not know?
If Cheryl has told Albert that her B-day month is May or June, then it was possible that her B-day could be May 19 or June 18. This means, Bernard may know when Cheryl’s b-day is ! The fact that Albert knows that Bernard does not know, and it means, Cheryl had told Albert her birth months as either July or August ! So, Elimination of 5 and 6.

Elimination of 7 and 8
Initially Bernard had no idea of Cheryl’s b-day, but now after Albert spoke smthg,.. how did he know?
Now out of the remaining dates, 14 is still occurring twice,.. and hence If Cheryl had told Bernard that date, Bernard would not have still known the B-day ! But Bernard now knows the b-day, so the B-day can not be 14.
Elimination of 7 and 8.

Elimination of 9
After Bernard has spoken,.. Albert also now knows the Cheryl’s B-day.
If Cheryl has told Albert her’s birth month as August, Albert would not have still known, ‘coz, still there are two possible birthdates in the month of August !
Hence, August month is out,.. n' elimination of 9, which is in August !

So ?? Remaining green circle, July 16 is a winner !

Happy ?

Last edited by Jagmohan; April 16th, 2015 at 09:57 AM.
Old April 16th, 2015, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Happy ?
tch tch tch.. itni kaata peeti.

waah waah ! beta is baar exam me bhi acche number le ke papa ka naam roshan karna. ya phir papa ki nameplate pe bulb lagva dena.
Old April 16th, 2015, 09:30 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Ok yaar,.. I got many e-mails from many clubs and arenas, asking,.. "Jani can you solve/pray explain this fakking and freaking Singapore puzzle, circulating Viral now a day,…?? " and got this challenge from many, and hence this solution,…

Look at the picture.

Green circles are the given, probable 10 answers.

Horizontal lines are months, only Albert knows,
Vertical lines are Days, only Bernard knows.

Round circular numbers are elimination of sequences ( one by one ) , which took place with logic,… and then the last
Remaining green circle – July 16 is a winner ( Answer )

Elimination of 1 and 2
In the last two vertical columns, there are only single items,
So, if Bernard was told those dates he would have knew the answer instantly, ( before any convo. even started ) and he did not and hence Elimination of 1 and 2

Elimination of 3
Albert could see the very obvious elimination of 1 and 2 and still he did not cough up the straight answer, so he was not told the month of June, hence elimination of 3. ( When Albert said initially I do not know it. )

Elimination of 4
Elimination of 3 leads to the Elimination of 4, as that one is the only remaining in vertical column, if Bernard was told the date of 17th or Albert was told the month of June.

Elimination of 5 and 6
How Albert knows that Bernard does not know? If Cheryl has told Albert that her B-day month is May or June, then it was possible that her B-day could be May 19 or June 18. This means, Bernard may know when Cheryl’s b-day is ! The fact that Albert knows that Bernard does not know, and it means, Cheryl had told Albert her birth month as either July or August !

Elimination of 7 and 8
Initially Bernard had no idea of Cheryl’s b-day, but now after Albert spoke smthg,.. how did he know? Now out of the remaining dates, 14 is occurring twice,.. and hence If Cheryl had told Bernard that date, Bernard would not have still known the B-day ! But Bernard now knows, so the B-day can not be 14.

Elimination of 9
After Bernard has spoken,.. Albert also now knows the Cheryl’s B-day.
If Cheryl has told Albert her’s birth month as August, Albert would not have still known, ‘coz, still there are two possible birthdates in the month of August !
Hence elimination of 9, which is in August !

So ?? Remaining green circle, July 16 is a winner !

Happy ?

If there was a crown of the year for the post, this one deserved that
Old April 16th, 2015, 09:32 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
tch tch tch.. itni kaata peeti.

waah waah ! beta is baar exam me bhi acche number le ke papa ka naam roshan karna. ya phir papa ki nameplate pe bulb lagva dena.
Lol.

Hhahaha,... But I copied-pasted the same answer at other 3+ places too,
so, labor is worth of scanning and of writing a single long explanatory post.
It will be read by 1000s, as Internet is still struggling for "easy to swallow"
spoon-feeded, understandable answer ! Singaporean Math puzzle biyaatch Cheryl fakked all ! ( at few places, I gave this link, to come here ( EC ) and read for the answer ! ) lol.

This puzzle is on r2iclubforums, skyscrapercity, xossip and tons of twitter and FB pages and all blaming Cheryl biyath, but now the game is over.

Thx to Jani ( time 2 self-flatter and pet on the back. No ? )

logon ki haalat tau dekho,.. ( read comments on below webs )

http://thedailywh.at/2015/04/questio...lem-singapore/

********************************forums/...Special/page46 ( scroll bottom )
[ ^ use screen and pass as : log1iszero, 789123 ]

Last edited by Jagmohan; April 16th, 2015 at 09:38 AM.
Old April 16th, 2015, 09:36 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

If Cheryl was beautiful... I would have taken all 10 of them

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old April 16th, 2015, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
If Cheryl was beautiful... I would have taken all 10 of them
now, thats Lateral Thinking..

Another one on those lines -

'x' married 'z' twice his age, left her & now married 'y' 1/2 his age.
Wat's d age of 'x'?

Student wrote:
I don't know d answer,
bt x is surely
SAIF ALI KHAN..!!!