eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > Crowning Glory

Notices

Crowning Glory A home for our best content ... award winning created by eCharchans!!

Old March 6th, 2015, 10:29 AM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Interview of Nirbhaya’s rapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
Okay. Then what is the brouhaha all about Is this again the usual policy that the media applies, take out-of-context quotes and make a big issue about it
Media is asking why culprit was given a platform to speak.
Old March 6th, 2015, 10:58 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
I beg to differ. I have seen the video.
I haven't seen it but wow to all those who did.. since you were able to sit through him describing how they pulled out her intestines or such gory details. I can't take it I would
Old March 6th, 2015, 10:58 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Did you know the rapist was paid Rs. 40000 for the interview? Rape and then get paid by the documentary maker. Now question is .. was he taught what all to say?
Quote:
Accused in the 2012 Delhi gang rape, Mukesh Singh was paid Rs. 40,000 for his interview by the makers of the controversial documentary India's Daughter, according to a report in Navbharat Times.

According to the report, an investigation within Tihar Jail found that Singh had made the demand of Rs. 2 Lakh for the interview. This was later negotiated to Rs. 40,000. Singh agreed to the interview after they settled on this amount, eventhough permission from authorities had already been granted by then. None of the money was found to be in Singh's Prisoner Property account but the reports says that the investigation at Tihar found that Singh's family had received the money.
The objective is being achieved slowly but surely.

Old March 6th, 2015, 11:16 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

This is a tricky one to take a stand.

My sampling from FB shows all (but one ) of the AAP supporters, almost all ladies, a lot of fence sitters plus a couple of BJP supporters too, support this documentary.

The documentary has achieved one thing. Put the defence lawyers in spot for speaking the same nonsense that the rapist was making. the fence sitting me agrees with Shakti pai too on the negative publicity part. that is for the content.

Now, whatever the supporters of the documentary say, there is a clear disregard, if not violation for the laws.

Remember 'Black Friday' by Anurag Kashyap. it had to wait for years to release for all the judicial process to complete. Same precedence applies here too. the lawyers can argue that this one can influence the trial and work it in their fovor.
Old March 6th, 2015, 11:43 AM

I've been asked many weird questions in US about India.. mostly by hillbillies and redneck kinda ignorant folks, especially in the south in Tennessee when I was studying masters. I plan to write a part fiction part real novella or novel based on my experiences and adventures in the US.

Quote:
Cabbie: You come from land of snakes?
Me: No, in fact US might have more snakes.
Cabbie: India is land of drugs?
Me: You got India and US mixed up.
Calbbie laughs

Another cabbie: You speak Hindu, how would you say whats your name?
Me: aap ka naam kya hai?
cabbie: thats sounds like Arabic.. all that hhhaa hhhaa sound.
Me: Its not at all like Arabic.

Also had an argument and fight with one American in a bar when he called us desis as slumdogs. The movie slumdog millionaire had just won the oscars.
From now on, I won't be surprised if we desis abroad will be asked.. Have you ever raped anybody? I hear lots of rapes in India, you ever watched one? Should I ever go to India, I hear lots of rapes there.
Old March 6th, 2015, 12:17 PM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
I haven't seen it but wow to all those who did.. since you were able to sit through him describing how they pulled out her intestines or such gory details. I can't take it I would
Maybe by the time i saw the video they edited quite a bit...I dont know about that but he does not describe how the rape was committed. He talks about why they were brutal. He says they would not have beaten her up, if she didnt fight back. he believes that any woman who fights back needed to be punished and so he did punish her.
Old March 6th, 2015, 10:30 PM
Always on target

jeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond reputejeetiaf has a reputation beyond repute

What are we worried about here? BBC?

We must be worried about truth

jeetIAF
Old March 7th, 2015, 04:27 AM

So what new did we learn from the documentary? That the rapist has a sick mind and he got paid for interview and her parents are anguished about the minor getting away? anybody could have told you that.
Old March 7th, 2015, 05:11 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I've been asked many weird questions in US about India.. mostly by hillbillies and redneck kinda ignorant folks, especially in the south in Tennessee when I was studying masters. I plan to write a part fiction part real novella or novel based on my experiences and adventures in the US.
One question i was asked in my first bar visits both in Inglistan and Umrika was ' Do you believe in Reincarnation'. i will post more in my Budhau memories thread. You could add them in your novel.

Quote:

From now on, I won't be surprised if we desis abroad will be asked.. Have you ever raped anybody? I hear lots of rapes in India, you ever watched one? Should I ever go to India, I hear lots of rapes there.

Not in first person I already heard such things in 2013.
check this thread. What is the main reason for rape ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
Of late, thats what India has become famous for. One conversation in an elevator. Me, chinky guy and a woman who seemed to be his wife.

Chinky wife to Chinky 'Indo shu shi shang'
Chinky to me 'Are you from India'
Me 'yes'
Chinky 'A lot of rapes happen there?'
Me 'yes'
The conversation ended there. More because, it is a short time between the floors.

Now another one in a 2 hour flight. My neighbor was a lady, who after some intros also asked the same question as Budmaas Ji. Now, i came up with another answer to this.

'It is because of demand and supply'. There are too few women and too many men. This rape problem is more acute in Delhi, Haryana, etc. where the ratio is more messed up (though Mumbai also seems to be trying to catch up with Delhi in this).

Actually, would that not be the reason. Too many men and too few women. And men coming from places, where girls are not even allowed to be born.
Actually, i also told that lady some other points like a lot of companies having women CEOs and of course she had not heard of Indira Nooyi.

in early 2013, There was another conversation in the van pool. There was one American Chinese lady, 3 Desi men and 2 Desi women. We were hearing on the news and there was a 10 minute section on rapes in India. The context was India (parliament) passing a stringent anti rape law. There were interviews from women who were complaining about harassment etc. After a few minutes of embarassing silence, the Amru Chinese lady finally asked about what actually happens. The 2 desi women said 'There is some harassment, but we get on'. I was saying like "No, it is exaggerated. It happens only in Delhi, etc.". The Desis ladies told me "You dont know it. It happens everywhere". One lady is a Mumbaikar and other a Telanganite. The other 2 guys did not open their mouth.
Old March 7th, 2015, 05:25 AM

OK, finally some opinion on this.

THe documentary does badnaam India. But India is already badnaam. Banning it on those grounds only makes it more Badnaam. There are some legal reasons for that and that could have been used. Only, the Tihar guys who allowed this would also have been suspended.

The 'conspiracy to defame India' this is far fetched and asking "Why does not BBC do a documentary on Rapes in UK" is really lame. I am not too fond of BBC and CNN but they do report on problems there. In fact if you watch CNN nowadays, you will think that Kallus have it too bad in Umrika.
. BBC webite did have apiece on Domestic violence yesterday but it seems to have vanished today. Now, this is what i found about Apna Desh in the front page.

Modern maharajas

The lavish lifestyle of India's royal families

Full article Modern maharajas

However, one cannot just interview people in Judicial Custody without court's permission and the govt can pursue action on those grounds.
Old March 7th, 2015, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagheera View Post
I know some classified information about Nirbhaya case. If I reveal it, I may be banned from the forum.
Is there anything classified still left in this????
Old March 7th, 2015, 09:17 AM
Senior eCharchan

Jagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond reputeJagmohan has a reputation beyond repute

Rapist's Interview:

What image of India is going to be crashed if the world sees this?
You can hide sunlight with a dark curtain... You can make the room dark enough with that and make people happy, its dark enough to sleep or whatever... But can we hide the Sun?

Our women are still unsafe in the streets and mentality of people still demands them not to cross Lakshmana Rekha... This video is an assualt on that, not on India as a brand. Share with the world and lets all strive to make India, a better place to live, than remaining in fool's paradise.

I am proud that I defy the undemocracy of banning...

Nirbhaya - Full Documentary Interview of Rapist,..

HD VDO :: https://www.youtube.com/embed/miOptsyLWD8

How true!!!

Old March 8th, 2015, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagmohan View Post
How true!!!

Jaggu ji,
On point 3, i do not agree with all the views of RSS, but calling them names is offensive. Lover of good life ABV is also a product of RSS.
On point 5, religious sentiments are involved. And i vaguely remember you also talking a lot on vegetarianism. Though Dirty pai's buddy should allow some transition time for this.

going , but any discussion invariably leads to BJP, RSS or ROP.
Old March 8th, 2015, 06:19 AM

Jaggu don't link RSS with VHP and others.. This low level copy paste ignorance of Shanknad as shankhpaad shows your bhed chaal mentality. Only dimwits would link this interview with cow slaughter ban in Maharashtra.

The thing I'm hating more than anything is people passing links to the interview like its some leaked James Bond movie.. And you didnt even check the link doesn't work, BBC has made it unavailable. You've earned a demerit.

Jagmohan shakti
Old March 9th, 2015, 05:53 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

We (as in, in India) have a problem. One incident (Nirbhaya) was so brutal that the whole nation came together to protest against these barbaric acts, got the law changed to a way where the cases go fast track, where a girl no longer (well, in some cases) feels the shame of being raped but shames the culprit (rightly supported by the whole community). This was what was shown in the documentary.

Now, I see nothing wrong with the documentary. As a nation, India has done an excellent job of getting these cases on fast track; I am yet to hear of a single nation who succeeded in doing this (perhaps because the cases are already on fast track? I dont know). What is there to be ashamed of that fact? We should be proud that we acted this way. The whole world should know what happens when the nation gets together. There is a lesson in this for every nation that tries to hide these heinous crimes under a rug. Now who is more right? A country who tries to address the issues and change the law or a country who hides everything under a rug?

If someone asks me if every women gets raped in India, I would probably laugh out loud. Only someone who is completely ignorant would assume such a thing. More often than not, they would not even have crossed their states border, let alone travel to a different country.

The fact is that rape is a serious crime that needs action right away. The more you educate people, the more more awareness you bring, the more chances that the root cause is addressed. If anyone asks me, I would proudly say that this landmark case has succeeded in bringing justice to an extent.