eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > Crowning Glory

Notices

Crowning Glory A home for our best content ... award winning created by eCharchans!!

Old February 12th, 2014, 11:15 AM
Banned

Nangi is infamous around these partsNangi is infamous around these partsNangi is infamous around these partsNangi is infamous around these partsNangi is infamous around these partsNangi is infamous around these parts
Re: Book to be pulped. Free speech curbed??

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty View Post
If the book is a fiction then anything goes... Our own Har Har wrote a bunch a crap about Aghori Sadhus and what not. Should we ban Har Har for his writing ??

How about banning me for calling Shaktiman a Jerking Moron ?

HarHar should be pulped and you should be gulped for that blasphemy.
Old February 12th, 2014, 11:18 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
well, certain snippets are distorted enough and the author has a history of intentionally misinterpreting Hindu religious texts. But how is this free speech if it hurts sentiments of people?
Sarvi, I think its a work of fiction or am I mistaken? Some speculations are bound to happen. If its a work of fiction, then i think we are curbing free speech. Its just like Da Vinci's code. The paining of The Last Supper was speculated to be Mother Mary's (breasts I think...been long but something very private as it shocked me). Even in this Hindu books case, just because it is written a certain way doesnt mean its true.
Just like Shiva Trilogy which hit hall of fame when it released Immortals of Meluha. Not everything mentioned in the book is true...its mostly research based on texts and some imagination.

But when I get time, I will read this book. Perhaps it was indeed derogatory.
Old February 12th, 2014, 11:20 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nangi View Post
As usual , Sarv Farjiman just making a mountain out of a mole

There aint anything derogatory in the book.Since its an eye opener for the ignorants who comprise India and fighting ignorance is as usual anti India so the book must be pulped.

Out of the 800 pages of this book our man Sarv Farjiman the self acclaimed authority on all things hasnt probably even read 80 pages ie just 10% of the book and is ready with his misguided ,bigoted ,sophistic ,unseeked judgement.

Online life seem to be getting on his nerves.Prozac for our Pal .

This book is a must read. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this page turner .
Lets see you write a book review.. one thats not copied from anywhere. Its a challenge.. I don't believe you've read anything more than the title of the book.
Old February 12th, 2014, 11:22 AM
Banned

Nangi is infamous around these partsNangi is infamous around these partsNangi is infamous around these partsNangi is infamous around these partsNangi is infamous around these partsNangi is infamous around these parts

Yes slaying of a beautiful fancy by facts of science has to be derogatory
Old February 12th, 2014, 11:27 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
I wouldnt be fully surprised. Do you remember that book which was written by a young lady? It was in the lines of "I how I got kissed, got a life"...something like that. It was about a young lady wanting to go to Harvard. It was withdrawn for certain reasons but the book sold in the black market faster than it would in book stores.
It was by a girl with a Gujju sounding surname (Mehta/Shah?). Probably, she blindly copied some portions from other books and that is why this had to be withdrawn (unless i am mixing up 2 books)
Old February 12th, 2014, 11:28 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
Sarvi, I think its a work of fiction or am I mistaken? Some speculations are bound to happen. If its a work of fiction, then i think we are curbing free speech. Its just like Da Vinci's code. The paining of The Last Supper was speculated to be Mother Mary's (breasts I think...been long but something very private as it shocked me). Even in this Hindu books case, just because it is written a certain way doesnt mean its true.
Just like Shiva Trilogy which hit hall of fame when it released Immortals of Meluha. Not everything mentioned in the book is true...its mostly research based on texts and some imagination.

But when I get time, I will read this book. Perhaps it was indeed derogatory.
its not a work of fiction.. its a commentary on Hindu religion, with mis-stated facts.. As the book's title says its an attempt to present an alternative view of Hindu texts.. This is supposedly for people to understand the Hindu religion and culture.

Please read this review..

LINK

A small excerpt from this review -

Quote:
Consider, for instance, the portrait of Sita in "The Ramayana." In this long poem, the beautiful Sita is kidnapped by an ogre but eventually rescued by her husband, Rama. Unfortunately, after the initial happiness of their reunion, Rama starts to wonder about his wife's chastity during her long imprisonment. Would she not have succumbed or been forced to submit to the lecherous ogre's embrace? Although Sita proves and proves again her innocence, Doniger underscores the crassness of Rama's jealous-husband behavior but also notes certain textual hints that Sita is more sexual than she appears and that her feelings for Rama's brother Lakshmana might well be more than familial. As Sita is the classic model of Indian womanhood, such sacrilegious speculation once led to Doniger being egged at a London lecture.

"The Mahabharata" is an immensely long poem -- seven times the combined length of the "Iliad" and the "Odyssey" -- that relates the history of the five Pandava brothers (who are all married to the same woman, Draupadi -- Doniger expresses regret that she, rather than Sita, didn't provide the template for Indian womanhood). The Pandavas eventually go to war against their cousins, the 100 sons of Dhritarashtra, and the poem climaxes in a great battle. But just before the two armies clash, the formidable warrior Arjuna suddenly recoils from the coming slaughter, overwhelmed by horror and sorrow. In a still moment outside of time, he begins to discuss the meaning of life with his charioteer, the god Krishna in human form. This section of the epic is often read separately, being one of the supreme masterpieces of spiritual literature: the "Bhagavad-Gita," or "Song of the Blessed One." In the end, Krishna persuades Arjuna to let go of personal desire, unite his will to that of God and perform his sacred duty (dharma) in a spirit of acceptance and detachment, without thought of either success or failure.
Old February 12th, 2014, 11:29 AM
Banned

Thumbs down Re: Book to be pulped. Free speech curbed??

Quote:
Lets see you write a book review.. one thats not copied from anywhere. Its a challenge.. I don't believe you've read anything more than the title of the book.
Should I write a review for a proof of Pythogoras' Theorem also incase you are comfortable to believe that I havent read it ?

Ulta chor kotwal ko daante
Old February 12th, 2014, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Yes slaying of a beautiful fancy by facts of science has to be derogatory
Prove so.. don't go making up BS and rolling your eyes.

Of course its a gimmick by the mediocre authors to write inflammatory books in order to gain fame.. The liberals would without a second thought support anything that begins with "free" ..
Banned

Quote:
its not a work of fiction.. its a commentary on Hindu religion, with mis-stated facts.. As the book's title says its an attempt to present an alternative view of Hindu texts.. This is supposedly for people to understand the Hindu religion and culture.

LINK

Hence! Wilt thou lift up Olympus
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
It was by a girl with a Gujju sounding surname (Mehta/Shah?). Probably, she blindly copied some portions from other books and that is why this had to be withdrawn (unless i am mixing up 2 books)
You are right! It was Opal Mehta! Yes, now i recollect. The author had extracted multiple paragraphs (yes, paragraphs) from another book and copied word-to-word. Plagiarism is it?
Quote:

LINK

Oh sarvi, if anyone wants to know more about Hinduism, wouldnt they be looking at books written by Indian authors? Its like me trying to know more about Islam picking up a book written in Mexico by someone named Maha lakshmi.

By banning this book, its only going to attract more attention. In all honesty, I havent even heard about this book and now look (thanks to sanjay), I am ready to start reading this!
Old February 12th, 2014, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Should I write a review for a proof of Pythogoras' Theorem also incase you are comfortable to believe that I havent read it ?

Ulta chor kotwal ko daante
If you HAVE indeed read the book.. why not share some of your thoughts.. rather than mumbling some crap.

Exactly like how Rahul Gandhi said after 2010 FIscal budget was presented.. "its a very nice budget" ..

btw, its Pythagoras
Old February 12th, 2014, 11:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Prove so.. don't go making up BS and rolling your eyes.

Of course its a gimmick by the mediocre authors to write inflammatory books in order to gain fame.. The liberals would without a second thought support anything that begins with "free" ..

I could be well moved if I were as you.
If I could pray to move, prayers would move me.
But I am constant as the northern star,
Of whose true-fixed and resting quality
There is no fellow in the firmament.
The skies are painted with unnumbered sparks.
They are all fire and every one doth shine,
But there’s but one in all doth hold his place.
So in the world. 'Tis furnished well with men,
And men are flesh and blood, and apprehensive,
Yet in the number I do know but one
That unassailable holds on his rank,
Unshaked of motion. And that I am he
Let me a little show it even in this:
That I was constant Cimber should be banished,
And constant do remain to keep him so.

Old February 12th, 2014, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Hence! Wilt thou lift up Olympus
I don't have that old Olympus camera anymore.. Bought me a Nikon Coolpix Camera..

You just hide behind your pubic hair avatar..
Old February 12th, 2014, 11:41 AM

Quote:

I could be well moved if I were as you.
If I could pray to move, prayers would move me.
But I am constant as the northern star,
Of whose true-fixed and resting quality
There is no fellow in the firmament.
The skies are painted with unnumbered sparks.
They are all fire and every one doth shine,
But there’s but one in all doth hold his place.
So in the world. 'Tis furnished well with men,
And men are flesh and blood, and apprehensive,
Yet in the number I do know but one
That unassailable holds on his rank,
Unshaked of motion. And that I am he
Let me a little show it even in this:
That I was constant Cimber should be banished,
And constant do remain to keep him so.

where did you copy this from? and pasting it here without any credit to the poet?
Old February 12th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
where did you copy this from? and pasting it here without any credit to the poet?
Julius caesar.

Debate larr debate .Debate aisay hee larray jaatay hain.Chotay bachcho ki tarah nahin.Kabhi larra hai school may debate where one debater recites one passage and the audience and fellow debator understand two.And jkskay samajh may naa aaye loses the debate.

DEbate may yeh nahin poocha jaata ki kahaan say likhwaya kissay likhwaya khaali yeh dekha jaata hai ki baat may kataaksh kitna thaa , haazir jawaabi kitni thee aur dum kitna thaa.

Ideas are nobodys property, they belong to him whosoever can express them best.