eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > Crowning Glory

Notices

Crowning Glory A home for our best content ... award winning created by eCharchans!!

Old October 22nd, 2013, 06:35 AM

badriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you have a Guru ?

I had an inkling ...

Thanks. I do appreciate. Thank you. Your candidness is appreciated ... very much. I will refrain for quoting in full ... just in case if you wish to edit or delete later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ungalprasad View Post
This is a systematic approach to connect to the supreme.
Yes. I am very much interested in reading on this aspect ... not elementary ... please ... a bit on higher level if you can? Please do lead me in right direction ... thanks.

Although it is a separate issue that people make religion out of everything.
True. Which leads us to ...

Vegetarian diet, No drinking, No Smoking. Typical moral life.
Even unscrupulous elements
Be they among initiated disciples? Few rotten eggs won't be too much of a surprise to the rest of the community?
Stupid opinions ... all mine ... worth 2 cents ... you can have for free with a pinch of salt.
"......I can't believe I am saying this..... if you re not humble in this world, this world will thrust humbleness upon you" - Mike Tyson!!!
Distrust Doesn't Hurt - Not As Much as Trust does! - me said first quoted at www echarcha.com
Old October 22nd, 2013, 07:11 AM
Senior eCharchan

ungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by badriprasad View Post
I had an inkling ...

Thanks. I do appreciate. Thank you. Your candidness is appreciated ... very much. I will refrain for quoting in full ... just in case if you wish to edit or delete later.
Yes. I am very much interested in reading on this aspect ... not elementary ... please ... a bit on higher level if you can? Please do lead me in right direction ... thanks.

I suggest you to study "Surat Shabd Yoga", "Radha Soami" in google. Radha Soami or Sant Mat basically teach Surat Shabd Yoga which is a form of meditation where a seeker tries to quit his mind by focussing on the form of first physical living guru, reaches a level where he can hear "Shabd" (The vibration or sound on which whole universe is based on), connects to it with the help of inner guru form and travels all through different level of many worlds till he reaches Satlok / SachKhand where he realises oneness with the supreme.

This summarises the whole journey which is very simple/very difficult depending upon on one's spiritual level, dedication and control over mind.

As per Sant Mat, this whole creation has been structured into different worlds. Our true home is that Sach Khand (The higher region n Home of supreme -- Our real form) and we are currently in the lowest region - This physical world.

I can go on explaining this..... will see if I can arrange some high level books for you... would be really helpful for you.

And yes... to be honest, I know all these not by my experience. I have kept myself on hold as I told. May be my time has not come.

True. Which leads us to ...which leads us to believe that any system is a cult system or a new religion and then people introduce dogmas but Real Guru is strictly against all these.

Vegetarian diet, No drinking, No Smoking. Typical moral life.
Even unscrupulous elements

Be they among initiated disciples? Few rotten eggs won't be too much of a surprise to the rest of the community?

Yes.. They are among initiated disciples. We specifically Indians are mostly closed minded. We are selfish, try to gain advantages over anything. At the same time, we do not try to understand the whole concept; we just get into anything and spoil that... be it anything.

I have found westerns are more open minded. Many of the western followers have really good grip over the subject and they are very good in meditation also. We just join anything to show off. That is where the community get bad name. When there are millions of followers, things need to be restricted. So current Guru is against indulgence in any such dogma/publicity or any such activity.

Fortunately, Sant Mat is regarded with good reputation unlike other forms and is spread in all over world.
Old October 22nd, 2013, 02:49 PM
Title: deleted 12:21 PM

amritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I suggest you to study "Surat Shabd Yoga", "Radha Soami" in google....
thanks and this is interesting and will explore. However I am looking for a personal guru to show me the way.
Old October 22nd, 2013, 03:25 PM

badriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
[I suggest you to study ................ google. This summarises the whole journey which is very simple/very difficult depending upon on one's spiritual level, dedication and control over mind.

I can go on explaining this..... will see if I can arrange some high level books for you... would be really helpful for you.

Please do if not too much of a hassle.

I will appreciate if you were kind to provide me with right resources on the net ...
Stupid opinions ... all mine ... worth 2 cents ... you can have for free with a pinch of salt.
"......I can't believe I am saying this..... if you re not humble in this world, this world will thrust humbleness upon you" - Mike Tyson!!!
Distrust Doesn't Hurt - Not As Much as Trust does! - me said first quoted at www echarcha.com

Last edited by badriprasad; October 23rd, 2013 at 01:21 AM.
Old October 22nd, 2013, 03:55 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

This thread was a bouncer for me Bookmarking it incase I need it when I am retiring from life Best of Luck for your Guru search
Old October 22nd, 2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amritvani View Post
thanks and this is interesting and will explore. However I am looking for a personal guru to show me the way.
Please be careful what you wish for ... what you need is a person who can enhance your knowledge base, remaining close to your spiritual understanding ... run slightly ahead of you if not with you. edit/add ... guru is someone who can have 100 disciples under wings and yet cater to each one individually. Thousands of years ago ... as per our scriptures ... qualified gurus never took more than handful of students ... as few as 3 or 4.

Last edited by badriprasad; October 23rd, 2013 at 01:22 AM.
Old October 23rd, 2013, 01:24 AM
Senior eCharchan

ungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond repute

Please do if not too much of a hassle.
---
I have some good digital material. PM your email id. will send that.
-------------------------
I will appreciate if you were kind to provide me with right resources on the net ... you will know authentic links than if I were to go searching. I did try but search returned with thousands of links. I rather rely on you ... thank you. This is a serious request ...
----
Bro.. There is no authentic link as RadhaSoami doesnt support any such activity. Yet, they have their official website only for basic information. It is www.rssb.org

They have centers all over India and World where weekly satsangs are held by nominated persons and Guru himself keep on visiting all over to deliver satsang. Attending His Satsang is a divin experience itself. There would be one center in your city too.
--------------------------------

True. Which leads us to ... which leads us to believe that any system is a cult system or a new religion and then people introduce dogmas but Real Guru is strictly against all these.
I am so glad. So Guruji is aware of scum among some devotees he has initiated as disciples ... especially among Indians overseas?
----
Actually, Guru is always aware of such things, but it is individual's responsibility to follow his guidelines. if he doesnt follow guidelines, it is his karma.

-----------------------
When there are millions of followers, things need to be restricted. So current Guru is against indulgence in any such dogma/publicity or any such activity.
Millions of initiated?!?! Perhaps wetting process or bit more selective in initiating to weed out undeserving unworthy scoundrels and rascals?
---
There are millions of initiated. This organisation has been into existance since more than 100 years and it operates though authenticate clear lineage of Gurus.

About selection process, it is bit tough to get initiated. You have to go through interview process where they judge if you have your basic concepts clear and mature enough for initiation. I myself have got rejected once (because of my better half who had little idea about it that time). They adviced to attend regular satsangs and read books.

----------------------------
Fortunately, ................. is regarded with good reputation unlike other forms and is spread in all over world.
Good reputation ... okay if interested person was fortunate enough to meet conscientious devotees likes of you. Not if he or she had misfortune of meeting hordes of rotten egg of fellow Indians spread all over ... hardly does any favors to rest of the community ... no?
----
It is simple, if one has to get on the path, he will find it by anyway. You will find the Guru when you are ready.

Thing would be more clear after reading stuff that I will send you.
Thanks.
Old October 23rd, 2013, 01:27 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
This thread was a bouncer for me Bookmarking it incase I need it when I am retiring from life Best of Luck for your Guru search
You will never retire from your life for this purpose. Life will keep you stuck. The best time to start meditation is when we are young.

Body and mind will not support that much when you start meditating after retirement. And you will feel like you have wasted your life into wordly things.
Old October 23rd, 2013, 01:33 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
I guessed from your id that you may know about this.

The concept of "Personal Guru" is debatable. Will serve no purpose.

Quote:
. guru is someone who can have 100 disciples under wings and yet cater to each one individually. Thousands of years ago ... as per our scriptures ... qualified gurus never took more than handful of students ... as few as 3 or 4.
This used to be in those yugas. These days if A Real Guru have 100 disciples... Each of those 100 disciples will bring another 100 persons for this divine purpose. And Guru do not say No to the real seeker. This is how we see these huge numbers of followers.
Old October 23rd, 2013, 07:54 AM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Bro.. There is no authentic link as RadhaSoami doesnt support any such activity. Yet, they have their official website only for basic information. It is www.rssb.org

They have centers all over India and World where weekly satsangs are held by nominated persons and Guru himself keep on visiting all over to deliver satsang. Attending His Satsang is a divin experience itself. There would be one center in your city too.
--------------------------------
Checked the link you provided
Never knew all this about RadhaSaomi,will surely check more info over there.
Old October 23rd, 2013, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Thing would be more clear after reading stuff that I will send you.
Pm ... thanks. Look forward to going through come weekend. Will keep you informed of progress or if any questions.
Old October 23rd, 2013, 04:46 PM
Title: deleted 12:21 PM

amritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I guessed from your id that you may know about this.
thanks; the id is more of an aspiration

Quote:
The concept of "Personal Guru" is debatable. Will serve no purpose.
by personal did not mean like a personal trainer in gym, but more a physical live person who can spend one-on-one time with me and shine light on the path I ought to travel. The guru will help me discover my purpose.
Old October 23rd, 2013, 07:34 PM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
thanks; the id is more of an aspiration

by personal did not mean like a personal trainer in gym, but more a physical live person who can spend one-on-one time with me and shine light on the path I ought to travel. The guru will help me discover my purpose.
Jaise Til Mein Tel Hai, Jyon Chakmak Mein Aag
Tera Sayeen (Guru) Tujh Mein Hai, Tu Jaag Sake To Jaag
Old October 23rd, 2013, 10:28 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
Checked the link you provided
Never knew all this about RadhaSaomi,will surely check more info over there.
You would be more surprised to see many followers from your local area...

Quote:
Pm ... thanks. Look forward to going through come weekend. Will keep you informed of progress or if any questions.
Check that.. Just sent some introductory stuff...

Quote:
Current Gurus cant hold one on one time with everyone. You can find many Sadhus in Himalaya for that......but for that you have to get separate from your social life.....

You would be very lucky if you find such personal True Guru in society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhurandhar View Post
Jaise Til Mein Tel Hai, Jyon Chakmak Mein Aag
Tera Sayeen (Guru) Tujh Mein Hai, Tu Jaag Sake To Jaag
This is so true... Real guru is inside.
Old October 23rd, 2013, 10:42 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

mai sabka guru hu - mera guru koi nahi j/k.

I don't have a guru - don't know how to find him.