eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > Crowning Glory

Notices

Crowning Glory A home for our best content ... award winning created by eCharchans!!

Old October 17th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you have a Guru ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badriprasad View Post
Maya is an illusion ... an abstract and so is concept of incarnations. Your post above is all about concepts and abstractions. We two were better than that ... I thought. You accuse him and yet Landyabhai appears to have impacted you more than you were willing to let him.

Man's subservience to paanch indiryan is a reality ... you can sense ... you can feel ... you can even quantify. And we can train ourselves to rein/control. Haath kangan ko arsi kya ... Kalidasji ... he did some vrat ... it was very difficult for him. Imagine missing breakfast and lunch ... 2 meals. His chanchal man wasn't too happy. Our hero Kaldias persisted and succeeded where millions before him have tried but failed ... to control chanchal man and urges (even if for few hours).
you can neither feel atoms and molecules, nor can you see them...does that mean they aren't real? Your quality of logic and reasoning is depreciating with each response to my posts...

The quantification you talk about is arbitrary and has no proof, but you believe in it. So goes for Maya and reincarnations...there is no direct proof, but if you don't look for it and don't think about it, you don't find it either

don't you try talking science in this thread...this is unscientific thread
Old October 17th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Few thousand years from now ... there will be HOLY books and places of worship to honor great RISHI/SAGE named LORD KALIDASJI ... the great avtar of 'lord someone' who came down in human form. ANGRY RISHI descended upon evil Rakhshas of city aptly named Echarcha Puri. Lord Kalidasji sacrificed his breakfast and lunch just so we human may learn to control our Chanchal MANA, even if for few hours.

There will be Lord Kalidas Chalissas ... Jai ho.

edit/add ... roflmao ... Kalidas' sacrifice is a reality ... not an illusion ... even though, few thousand years from now, many may question very existence of 'the one' ... the great Lord named Lord Kalidasji.
What are we talking about?

My vrat was very real and I have blots on my bathroom ceiling to prove it.
Old October 17th, 2013, 08:00 PM

badriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhurandhar View Post
you can neither feel atoms and molecules, nor can you see them...does that mean they aren't real? Your quality of logic and reasoning is depreciating with each response to my posts...

The quantification you talk about is arbitrary and has no proof, but you believe in it. So goes for Maya and reincarnations...there is no direct proof, but if you don't look for it and don't think about it, you don't find it either

don't you try talking science in this thread...this is unscientific thread
We can go into nitty gritty of why you cant see tip of your nose ... or I can ask you to close one and see the nose with other eye.

Have you ever been witness to fight to death duel between a snake and mongoose? While snake remains confused ... mongoose goes for the head or tail. Mongoose runs if it gets hold of tail ... trampling the snake in the process. It holds on tight if it is the head of snake that mongoose grabs first and waits for snake to surrender its life.

Cliches galore ... solutions to world's most complex have more often been tackled by starting with the simplest part within reach/understanding. Staring at complex when some simple part (of complex) is waiting to be absorbed first is a sign of confusion of a rattled mind.

Let's start with part which we can feel, sense, control, release, quantify ...
the simple part first ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ungalprasad View Post
Check out the red
later sorry got to go
Stupid opinions ... all mine ... worth 2 cents ... you can have for free with a pinch of salt.
"......I can't believe I am saying this..... if you re not humble in this world, this world will thrust humbleness upon you" - Mike Tyson!!!
Distrust Doesn't Hurt - Not As Much as Trust does! - me said first quoted at www echarcha.com
Old October 18th, 2013, 01:28 AM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We can go into nitty gritty of why you cant see tip of your nose ... or I can ask you to close one and see the nose with other eye.

Have you ever been witness to fight to death duel between a snake and mongoose? While snake remains confused ... mongoose goes for the head or tail. Mongoose runs if it gets hold of tail ... trampling the snake in the process. It holds on tight if it is the head of snake that mongoose grabs first and waits for snake to surrender its life.

Cliches galore ... solutions to world's most complex have more often been tackled by starting with the simplest part within reach/understanding. Staring at complex when some simple part (of complex) is waiting to be absorbed first is a sign of confusion of a rattled mind.

Let's start with part which we can feel, sense, control, release, quantify ...
the simple part first ...

later sorry got to go
You assume that I don't have control over senses that you are talking about....ASSUME means ASS U ME...you are making an ass out of you and me. Kindergarten teachers should be mindful that not everybody out there is like a student of theirs
Old October 18th, 2013, 05:35 AM

badriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You assume that I don't have control over senses that you are talking about....ASSUME means ASS U ME...you are making an ass out of you and me. Kindergarten teachers should be mindful that not everybody out there is like a student of theirs
Is that it? Oops. My keyboard offers me Latin and yet I chose to communicate with you using English alphabet for its perceived simplicity. I erred. I offer you my sincerest apologies.

Wait ...

I have wondered often ... you love to argue. So where from comes this your psychological need to end all debates argumentum ad hominem ... that is some Latin for your pleasure.

Peace. Thanks for indulging with me. Some other time. Some other thread ... perhaps. I will use Latin.
Stupid opinions ... all mine ... worth 2 cents ... you can have for free with a pinch of salt.
"......I can't believe I am saying this..... if you re not humble in this world, this world will thrust humbleness upon you" - Mike Tyson!!!
Distrust Doesn't Hurt - Not As Much as Trust does! - me said first quoted at www echarcha.com
Old October 18th, 2013, 07:13 AM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

Quote:
Is that it? Oops. My keyboard offers me Latin and yet I chose to communicate with you using English alphabet for its perceived simplicity. I erred. I offer you my sincerest apologies.

Wait ...

I have wondered often ... you love to argue. So where from comes this your psychological need to end all debates argumentum ad hominem ... that is some Latin for your pleasure.

Peace. Thanks for indulging with me. Some other time. Some other thread ... perhaps. I will use Latin.
Must be my attempt to recover from lost debates from previous incarnations
Old October 18th, 2013, 03:34 PM

Smile

Quote:
The problem is within me. There is something for which I am holding myself from taking initiation yet... waiting for things to be cleared. May be that way; I am not ready yet on my path.

Otherwise, I am deeply inclined towards spirituality and my Guru.
You hesitate otherwise there has to be more to your strong faith in Guruji than you are willing to share with us? Running in the middle of the road doesn't make you a truck ... nor does attending Satsang alone make you spiritual or a better person. You are not a naive gullible person ... there is more to your respects and belief ... yes?
Old October 18th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Title: deleted 12:21 PM

amritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond repute

sharing the article on choosing the guru: http://www.om-guru.com/html/saints/choosinggurus.html

Did not help me much but is interesting.
Old October 18th, 2013, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amritvani View Post
sharing the article on choosing the guru: http://www.om-guru.com/html/saints/choosinggurus.html

Thanks for the link ... true ... applies to India as much as to the west.

If you are not easily offended ... you may wish to download (bottom right of the link) Stripping The Gurus ... read with a grain salt ... keeping in mind wherever there is smoke is some fire ...

Did not help me much but is interesting.

Rahiman ehee sansar mei, sab saun miliye dhay
na jane kahi roop mei, narayan mili jaye

Old October 20th, 2013, 11:14 PM
The Destroyer of Maya

Origmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond reputeOrigmos has a reputation beyond repute

The best of gurus do not impose any limitations or rituals, but merely point the way out of this maya to their disciplines.

When Holy Men seek devotion to themselves, it is only to boost their own egos. But surrender to the immortal will of this universe is not actually any form of restriction, but instead is the broadening of the soul of the person who surrenders to cover the breadth, width and depth of all of this creation.

True gurus and Holy men never seek any human followers, they retreat to the forests and mountains to understand better about the reality and maya of this universe. The guru who fishes for the souls of humans and wealth is just a very clever businessman. True gurus and gods prefer to wander alone for their souls and bodies are perfectly balanced universes by themselves.

Last edited by Origmos; October 20th, 2013 at 11:16 PM.
Old October 21st, 2013, 08:52 PM
Senior eCharchan

ungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You hesitate otherwise there has to be more to your strong faith in Guruji than you are willing to share with us? Running in the middle of the road doesn't make you a truck ... nor does attending Satsang alone make you spiritual or a better person. You are not a naive gullible person ... there is more to your respects and belief ... yes?
There is not hesitance as such. It is just I am keeping myself reserved by not going over the top while praising Him. My faith in him is as strong as rock. What else you wish to know ?

I am aware of vulnerability of my situation. It is just that I am stuck into something inside my mind and I want to clear it before I go for formal initiation.
Thanks.
Old October 22nd, 2013, 03:17 AM

Quote:
There is not hesitance as such. It is just I am keeping myself reserved by not going over the top while praising Him. My faith in him is as strong as rock.

What else you wish to know ?

This
Quote:
My parents have been followers of 'Sant Mat' guru.. So I
prohibits me from being too inquisitive considering this is the faith and belief system of your family ... I must set the boundaries ...

I am aware of vulnerability of my situation. It is just that I am stuck into something inside my mind and I want to clear it before I go for formal initiation. Thanks.
Does initiation involve you taking pledge to certain life style including diet?

Does it veer you closer to religion (of your birth) or ......... ?

If there is no audio, video, or written transcripts of satsang ... how do disciples spread across the globe stay in touch? Weekly or monthly prayer/meditation gatherings?

There be photo or two of Guruji in the homes of disciples to help them pray/mediate?

Any financial obligation?

Whatever you are comfortable sharing ... thanks.
Old October 22nd, 2013, 04:16 AM
Senior eCharchan

ungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Do you have a Guru ?

I am glad that you are asking such questions...

Quote:
Does initiation involve you taking pledge to certain life style including diet?

Yes... Vegetarian diet, No drinking, No Smoking. Typical moral life. Earn your living. Nothing else.

Does it veer you closer to religion (of your birth) or ......... ?

Sant Mat (Also called RadhaSoami) clearly says it is not a religion. This is a systematic approach to connect to the supreme. So no need to leave your religion.

Although it is a separate issue that people make religion out of everything.

If there is no audio, video, or written transcripts of satsang ... how do disciples spread across the globe stay in touch? Weekly or monthly prayer/meditation gatherings?

There was no restriction on audio, video and other things related to satsang during earlier gurus. People started doing business n making profit by selling these. Even unscrupulous elements started displaying pic of Guru in their shop using Radha Soami name to attract customers. That started creating bad name for this simple Sant Mat teachings.

There are still many videos available of Maharaj Charan Singh's Satsangs (previous Guru, google for his pic n detail). But Current Guru 'Baba Gurinder Singh Dhillon' made it absolute rule not to release any video, no media, no advertisement at all. On request of followers, he has so far released 3 pic of himself during last 23 years. (Google will help)

Sant Mat is based on the belief that if someone is destined to connect to the absolute, he will himself fall on this path one day anyways.. So there is no need of any promotion at all. Whosoever is interested is welcome to join this path.

Yes... Various books are always available for people to understand basics of Sant Mat. You can google this term.

There be photo or two of Guruji in the homes of disciples to help them pray/mediate?

Yes... So far three authorised pics of current Guru and many pics of past gurus.

Any financial obligation?

No.. Not at all... You only have to devote your time in meditation / Attending satsangs. If you wish you can perform various Sangat Seva. No obligation at all.

Whatever you are comfortable sharing

I have no problem sharing anything related to this as long as you are ready to take it positively. We all are seekers. Read the philosophy behind RadhaSoami/Sant Mat on net. I can arrange few books if you like.

... thanks.
Thanks
Old October 22nd, 2013, 05:01 AM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

ungal...just wondering...why writing Radha Soami as opposed to Radha Swami?

somehow Sant Mat is distancing itself from popular notion of Swami in west?
Old October 22nd, 2013, 05:13 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
ungal...just wondering...why writing Radha Soami as opposed to Radha Swami?

somehow Sant Mat is distancing itself from popular notion of Swami in west?
Naah.... This is how "Swami" is pronounced and written as "Soami" in Punjabi...... It started in Agra as Radha Swami when Sant Jaimal Singh started center at Beas, Punjab.. so the term Radha Soami started. You can use Radha swami... no difference.