eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > Crowning Glory

Notices

Crowning Glory A home for our best content ... award winning created by eCharchans!!

Old October 13th, 2013, 12:24 AM
Title: deleted 12:21 PM

amritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Do you have a Guru ?

Please share if you have a guru, when did you realize you needed a guru, how did you find and how you knew he or she was the one, and in general your interactions with your guru. I am assuming a guru who is alive and guides you, not a saint from the past you seek inspiration from.
Old October 13th, 2013, 01:28 PM
The NEo of Echarcha

JaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond repute
Re: do you have a guru?

I had an adviser who signed my thesis . Also accompanying my adviser were the Holy Trinity (read committee members) that sat through the public lecture.

Unless that is not the guru you are talking about
Old October 13th, 2013, 07:22 PM

badriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: do you have a guru?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amritvani View Post
Please share if you have a guru,

You could have started with your own personal situation ... I think chat etiquette demands so?

I am assuming a guru who is alive and guides you, not a saint from the past you seek inspiration from. You must be referring to Mahatma Gandhi ... the inspiration and guiding light of Kangressis? Can we leave politics out please ...
Excellent topic ... difficult to answer though ... isn't it customary that for generations entire related communities tend to share one guru? ... son (or daughter) take over the responsibility of catering to flock of disciples in case of demise of Guru? ...

Guru ... someone you can approach for spiritual (?) advise during Zindagi Ke Utad and Charav ... right?

I have met 4 ... all four worthy guru material ...

1st ... a renowned tantric ... not married but I believed him to be in physical relationship with a woman or two ... which was perfectly okay with me. For reasons not known or understood by me ... he declined ... refused to have anything to do with me.

2nd ... a married priest with grown up children and a huge following ... multimillionaire based on his property portfolio. He started out to be a good guru except ... more time we spent together interacting ... friendlier we became. He is a close personal friend now. I do not stay at their home but his wife insists so I end up having lunches or dinners at their home.

3rd ... a mumbaiya simpleton ... again a priest but not in brahman sense ... married with children ... 'gorgeous' wife ... one of the most beautiful Mahrathi woman I have ever met ... she found out of some hanky panky going on in the husband's ashram and threw him out of marital bed and home. Same as 2nd ... we have become close personal friends. He asked me ... so I am working on his wife ... trying to get them together again. Mostly done except for wife has become too comfortable being on her own to let Swami husband disturb her routine ... just a matter of time.

4th ... a bal brahamchari, serious ... a pure born vegetarian ... we can never be friends which is great for me except for a problem ... his place is like a flea market. People, men and women come sit in the room and state their problems ... no privacy whatsoever.

Why do I need a guru? I really don't know. Why search when I can myself be one ...
Stupid opinions ... all mine ... worth 2 cents ... you can have for free with a pinch of salt.
"......I can't believe I am saying this..... if you re not humble in this world, this world will thrust humbleness upon you" - Mike Tyson!!!
Distrust Doesn't Hurt - Not As Much as Trust does! - me said first quoted at www echarcha.com
Old October 13th, 2013, 11:27 PM

amritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaiSpeaks View Post
I had an adviser who signed my thesis . Also accompanying my adviser were the Holy Trinity (read committee members) that sat through the public lecture.

Unless that is not the guru you are talking about
I meant a spiritual guide.
Old October 13th, 2013, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badriprasad View Post
Excellent topic ... difficult to answer though ... isn't it customary that for generations entire related communities tend to share one guru? ... son (or daughter) take over the responsibility of catering to flock of disciples in case of demise of Guru? ...

Guru ... someone you can approach for spiritual (?) advise during Zindagi Ke Utad and Charav ... right?

I have met 4 ... all four worthy guru material ...

1st ... a renowned tantric ... not married but I believed him to be in physical relationship with a woman or two ... which was perfectly okay with me. For reasons not known or understood by me ... he declined ... refused to have anything to do with me.

2nd ... a married priest with grown up children and a huge following ... multimillionaire based on his property portfolio. He started out to be a good guru except ... more time we spent together interacting ... friendlier we became. He is a close personal friend now. I do not stay at their home but his wife insists so I end up having lunches or dinners at their home.

3rd ... a mumbaiya simpleton ... again a priest but not in brahman sense ... married with children ... 'gorgeous' wife ... one of the most beautiful Mahrathi woman I have ever met ... she found out of some hanky panky going on in the husband's ashram and threw him out of marital bed and home. Same as 2nd ... we have become close personal friends. He asked me ... so I am working on his wife ... trying to get them together again. Mostly done except for wife has become too comfortable being on her own to let Swami husband disturb her routine ... just a matter of time.

4th ... a bal brahamchari, serious ... a pure born vegetarian ... we can never be friends which is great for me except for a problem ... his place is like a flea market. People, men and women come sit in the room and state their problems ... no privacy whatsoever.

Why do I need a guru? I really don't know. Why search when I can myself be one ...
Thanks badripai. I do not have a guru, my parents do not have any. My grandma did have a guru and had his photo along with the gods. When I was a kid and did daily puja I wondered about him but I don't recollect anything from that time. I know she had a gurumantra.

I am wondering though I need a guru and want to see if there is anyone who can shed some light on procuring a guru and what to expect. I am hoping that would be utar and chadhav plus spiritual path as well.
Old October 14th, 2013, 07:14 AM
Senior eCharchan

ungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Do you have a Guru ?

My Response to your post....

Share yourself now.

Quote:
Please share if you have a guru,

I have not yet got initiated, but I know who is going to be my guru if I ever decide to work on spirituality.

when did you realize you needed a guru,

I needed the Guru the moment I started wondering about what is life, who I am and What I am doing on this earth..... Needed someone to show me path to realise the ultimate truth.

how did you find and how you knew he or she was the one,

My parents have been followers of 'Sant Mat' guru.. So I always been in touch with this philosophy. I believe he is the ONE only. You can call my belief a conditioned belief. But I have my own reasons to believe that.

and in general your interactions with your guru.
It is difficult to get personal access to The Guru I am talking about. He has huge followings all over the world and he is away from all media, all internet. No publicity allowed at all (Neither I am doing any publicity right now).... He delivers his satsang to gathering, If you want to hear him, you have to attend his satsang.. No audio video recordings available so far.

I am assuming a guru who is alive and guides you,

Yes. Alive.. He is from chain of gurus legally authorised to hold the seat from past guru.

not a saint from the past you seek inspiration from.
Old October 14th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you have a Guru ?

I have only one guru, Jesus. His philosophy is sound and he does have a lot of followers.

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old October 14th, 2013, 04:56 PM

badriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: do you have a guru?

Quote:
I am wondering though I need a guru and want to see if there is anyone who can shed some light on procuring a guru and what to expect. I am hoping that would be utar and chadhav plus spiritual path as well.
I understand ... I appreciate your dilemma.

We have a member here ... SERIOUS ... he has qualities. He is intelligent ... educated ... a knowledgeable man. So that he understand troubles and traumas of family man, he is married ... a faithful and dedicated family man. NO JOKES. A guru material but he is not looking for disciples. Best part ... never embarrassed to lead you to his personal source of knowledge ... if he cannot answer your questions directly, that is.

So while you search for a Guru who can cater to needs ... needs, you are unsure of ... he can help you find answers in old ancient scriptures.

I refer to Landyabhai. SERIOUS. NO JOKES.
Stupid opinions ... all mine ... worth 2 cents ... you can have for free with a pinch of salt.
"......I can't believe I am saying this..... if you re not humble in this world, this world will thrust humbleness upon you" - Mike Tyson!!!
Distrust Doesn't Hurt - Not As Much as Trust does! - me said first quoted at www echarcha.com
Old October 14th, 2013, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ungalprasad View Post
My Response to your post....

Share yourself now.

It is difficult to get personal access to The Guru I am talking about. He has huge followings all over the world and he is away from all media, all internet. No publicity allowed at all (Neither I am doing any publicity right now).... He delivers his satsang to gathering, If you want to hear him, you have to attend his satsang.. No audio video recordings available so far.

Difficult to get personal access? Your needs couldn't possibly be that of thousand devotees sitting in satsang hall? I mean no disrespect ... one size (sermon) fits all? ... I don't think will meet my personal criteria. More like assembly line approach? ... you are an individual with very own personal needs ... noh?

Please satisfy my curiosity ... thanks ...
Old October 14th, 2013, 05:10 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

And here I thought you were referring to me. Really , why can't I become a guru Mere mein aisa kya kami hai jo guru logon mein nahi hai If only I can pick up a few chelas here at echarcha... I can use that to snowball into millions of people around the world... and then how long will it take to convert those millions to billions and trillions of dollahs

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old October 14th, 2013, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
And here I thought you were referring to me. Really , why can't I become a guru Mere mein aisa kya kami hai jo guru logon mein nahi hai If only I can pick up a few chelas here at echarcha... I can use that to snowball into millions of people around the world... and then how long will it take to convert those millions to billions and trillions of dollahs
But that will make you a sub-guru ... noh? You already have a guru ... Lord Jesus. Only question you have to answer to yourself ... can you live life of Lord Jesus? ... great if you can ... congrats for finding one, many of us search for.
Old October 14th, 2013, 11:45 PM
Senior eCharchan

ungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond reputeungalprasad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Difficult to get personal access? Your needs couldn't possibly be that of thousand devotees sitting in satsang hall? I mean no disrespect ... one size (sermon) fits all? ... I don't think will meet my personal criteria. More like assembly line approach? ... you are an individual with very own personal needs ... noh?

Please satisfy my curiosity ... thanks ...
There are people who always seek for one to one meeting with Guru and ask solution their doubts/issues.... Those will be disappointed.

Since following is huge, it is impossible for a Guru to have personal meeting with each and everyone... So we have a gathering and Guru addressing through his satsang. If the guru is true; you wont even need to meet him face to face.... you will get answers to all of your queries through his satsang.
Old October 15th, 2013, 03:43 AM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I understand ... I appreciate your dilemma.

We have a member here ... SERIOUS ... he has qualities. He is intelligent ... educated ... a knowledgeable man. So that he understand troubles and traumas of family man, he is married ... a faithful and dedicated family man. NO JOKES. A guru material but he is not looking for disciples. Best part ... never embarrassed to lead you to his personal source of knowledge ... if he cannot answer your questions directly, that is.

So while you search for a Guru who can cater to needs ... needs, you are unsure of ... he can help you find answers in old ancient scriptures.

Landya regurgitates what he has read elsewhere...a mark of capable Guru is somebody who can recall previous incarnations (atleast 10 past lives) of him(her)self and that of his(her) disciples and provide definitive proof of it without consulting any astrological texts.
Old October 15th, 2013, 03:45 AM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
I have only one guru, Jesus. His philosophy is sound and he does have a lot of followers.
Sister Susu did finally convert you, eh?
Old October 15th, 2013, 03:46 AM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

Quote:
Originally Posted by ungalprasad View Post
There are people who always seek for one to one meeting with Guru and ask solution their doubts/issues.... Those will be disappointed.

Since following is huge, it is impossible for a Guru to have personal meeting with each and everyone... So we have a gathering and Guru addressing through his satsang. If the guru is true; you wont even need to meet him face to face.... you will get answers to all of your queries through his satsang.
By that argument, Google is THE guru