eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > Crowning Glory

Notices

Crowning Glory A home for our best content ... award winning created by eCharchans!!

Old February 16th, 2011, 04:20 AM
Senior eCharchan

chaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Going, going , soon will be gone--Hindus from Bangladesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitrala View Post
Mujeeb-ur-Rehman took over after 1971 and he was a leftist... Sheikh Haseena(not sure) is his daughter and stilll represents left leaning party...the other woman, Khaleda Zia represents hardliners, who are modeled after Zia-ul-haq's suppoerting party(jamaat-e-islami). Tasleema Nasreen's book Lajja has chronicled some horrific event that hindus had to favce in BD esp after 1992 mosque demolition.
Speakign of Taslima Nasreen ... She is/was treated as an untouchable by various govts, the Communists and the Congress included. All for the sin of expressing her point of view. She had expressed many times her desire to live in India because of her comfort and familiarity with Bengali/Indian culture and ethos. But they won't let her live here.

One aspect of this that had me baffled ... when she was forced out of Calcutta, she moved to Jaipur, then ruled by Maharani Vasundhara Raje Scindia of the BJP. There, they treated her as unwanted and she had to move to Delhi and then leave India. Out of vote bank considerations or whatever, I can see that the Congress/Communists would not support her vigorously. The BJP mouthed all the right words about her protection, but when it came time to walk the walk, they shoved her out of Jaipur citing some or the other lame-ass excuse. Looks like the Congressis and the BJP-wallahs were on the same page here.

A few Muslim fundamentalists had voiced stern objection to her in Calcutta, and everybody started shitting in their pants. Some other Muslims in Mumbai had organized something in support of her, but they got no support or encouragement from any of these parties.
Old February 16th, 2011, 07:55 AM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaiwaala View Post
Speakign of Taslima Nasreen ... She is/was treated as an untouchable by various govts, the Communists and the Congress included. All for the sin of expressing her point of view. She had expressed many times her desire to live in India because of her comfort and familiarity with Bengali/Indian culture and ethos. But they won't let her live here.

One aspect of this that had me baffled ... when she was forced out of Calcutta, she moved to Jaipur, then ruled by Maharani Vasundhara Raje Scindia of the BJP. There, they treated her as unwanted and she had to move to Delhi and then leave India. Out of vote bank considerations or whatever, I can see that the Congress/Communists would not support her vigorously. The BJP mouthed all the right words about her protection, but when it came time to walk the walk, they shoved her out of Jaipur citing some or the other lame-ass excuse. Looks like the Congressis and the BJP-wallahs were on the same page here.

A few Muslim fundamentalists had voiced stern objection to her in Calcutta, and everybody started shitting in their pants. Some other Muslims in Mumbai had organized something in support of her, but they got no support or encouragement from any of these parties.
That incident clearly exposed the hypocrisy of the left. Congress is known to succumb to such pressures and BJP and other rightists are known to exploit such cases.

Old February 16th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbaaz Balushi View Post
How you can gauge a norm? Do you thing killing 10 people is more heinous than killing 5?

Bangladesh is secular, but an Islamic country. You can’t expect an Islamic country to declare ramnavami or krishnashtami as national day. But there are lots of mandirs, pujas and pandals in bangladesh and hindus are having good time.

Ashdoc’s post can be created for any community which has a decreasing population. Lets take india and parsi community. Google and take their decreasing count by year or decade. Then get a horrible photograph from net and say a certain professor is killed by hindus (not meant particularly, but as a majority in india). Then one similar (second pic) picture drawn or a scene from a movie or theatre and caption it so-and-so batliwala or glasswala before being killed.

Then a write up mentioning all the benefits enjoyed by the parsi community (so that it would not sound biased), but countering with imaginary stories of persecution; and then ending with saying though india is secular, but hindus being majority religion persecute minorities.

sure, sure. even hitler's SS did not persecute and kill Jews. Some minority community making some noise!
Old February 16th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Banned

Arbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
nahin bhaiya, kono garav-badav ki baat nahin hai... pakis (and some of our earnest muslim friends) piss me off coz they trace their culture, history and lineage to the gypsies of the desert... and thus claim that hindu and muslim populace are two nations. Do you know that they dont teach Ashok or other hindu kings in pakistan... their history presumably starts with islamic invasion... what kind of demented education policy is that. And, most of the pakistani population is convert and not direct descendents of invaders.

In India, during NDA reign they tried to mmake some changes in history books but those were still disputed facts and not outright lies. At least we read relatively a better version of history and we had studied evolution in biology class and not some creationist shit.
Chitralaji, aap jab gyaan baanthe ho, tou yeh ‘apparently’ and ‘presumbly’ ki chadder auda kar ek dam conviction key saath judgement pass kar dete ho. You might be right on all that, because I don’t have any credible source (as if I have on all other shits i post ) to claim otherwise.

But I have general observation. History says babar came with 25K men (he started with 10K and rest he picked while on the way, and gave tough time to whoever ruling india that time who had a big army with elephants. Babar defeated the king, his army and his elephants. It is said babar had a passion for killing.

Similarly, in current times, Kasab came with 10-15 jihadis and did the same to 100s of mumbai policemen. Unlike the said indian ruler who was banking on elephants only, india is fortunate to have (I don’t know numbers, but as seen on TV, a bus load – so must be 40-50) specially trained, skilled and best of commandos to over power kasab, over a couple of days.

Isn’t there a similarity between babar and kasab (keeping aside the scale of operation)? So, if kasab is great-grandson of a convert, how he matched the brutality of babar?

Another observation, but on a lighter note (strictly lighter), if pakis are converts and have no relation with arabs, you think, they too drink complan or horlicks to gain extra height and bone strength; and use their sister’s fair and lovely (until srk, shahid and john started selling men’s brand) to get fair skin?
Old February 16th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Senior eCharchan

chaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond reputechaiwaala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So, if kasab is great-grandson of a convert, how he matched the brutality of babar?
Could it be that this terrorist was imagining the 72 virgins awaiting him in paradise and the many pleasures they would shower on him?
Old February 16th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Senior eCharchan

And by the way, Kasab was overpowered when an unarmed policeman with only a baton as his weapon charged into him and, in spite of the bullets in his body, separated the terrrorist from his weapon.
Old February 16th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Chitralaji, aap jab gyaan baanthe ho, tou yeh ‘apparently’ and ‘presumbly’ ki chadder auda kar ek dam conviction key saath judgement pass kar dete ho. You might be right on all that, because I don’t have any credible source (as if I have on all other shits i post ) to claim otherwise.

But I have general observation. History says babar came with 25K men (he started with 10K and rest he picked while on the way, and gave tough time to whoever ruling india that time who had a big army with elephants. Babar defeated the king, his army and his elephants. It is said babar had a passion for killing.

Similarly, in current times, Kasab came with 10-15 jihadis and did the same to 100s of mumbai policemen. Unlike the said indian ruler who was banking on elephants only, india is fortunate to have (I don’t know numbers, but as seen on TV, a bus load – so must be 40-50) specially trained, skilled and best of commandos to over power kasab, over a couple of days.

Isn’t there a similarity between babar and kasab (keeping aside the scale of operation)? So, if kasab is great-grandson of a convert, how he matched the brutality of babar?

Another observation, but on a lighter note (strictly lighter), if pakis are converts and have no relation with arabs, you think, they too drink complan or horlicks to gain extra height and bone strength; and use their sister’s fair and lovely (until srk, shahid and john started selling men’s brand) to get fair skin?
Well... mere gaanv mein ek pushtaini bandook hai.... it has a long barrel... you dont need a bullet for that... there was some kind of mixture of gunpowder and other things that you stuff in and fire... it cold take down 10 men or may be none... In 1971 war 90,000 pakis were pow... will have to see how many bit dust... some height they've got and some strength they possess...

They fought 4 wars with us... lost each time... they are divided into two once... they are facing another BD again. As for Brutality is concerned... religious fanatics are the looniest kind and muslims make the worst fanatics in the world. What can you say about someone who believe in every word of a thousand year old book...

And on your lighter note(with no disrespect to anyone)... the erstwhile north-west India saw the majority of invasion and cultural assimilation.... thus they were the best warring tribe... they were the product of mixture of best of warriors. It reflects in their culture, cuisine and other things.

Old February 16th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
But there are lots of mandirs, pujas and pandals in bangladesh and hindus are having good time.
I wonder how Hindus in Bangladesh can be having such a good time in the midst of all the land being grabbing from them. I googled for numbers.

From BBC:

Quote:
Nearly one million hectares of land have been seized from [Hindus] so far.

But community leaders say the act has not just taken a material toll.

It has been psychologically demoralising and prompted an exodus of Hindus that halved their numbers in the 30 years since Bangladesh's independence.

From New Age:

Quote:
Nearly two lakh Hindu families have lost 1.22 lakh bighas of land, including their houses, in the six years since the Vested Property Act was annulled in 2001 to return the ‘vested’ property to their original owners, according to a research on the issue.
So the act was annulled, but the land-grabbing continues unabated.

From Wikipedia:

Quote:
The total amount of land lost by Hindu households as a result of [the Vested Property Act] was estimated at 1.64 million acres (6,640 km²), which is equivalent to 53 per cent of the total land owned by the Hindu community and 5.3 per cent of the total land area of Bangladesh.
Old February 16th, 2011, 08:43 PM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

when you have no hope in life of getting any economic success , like it is for most muslims , and a mad mullah tells you that you are going to get 72 virgins in paradise if you kill the kaafirs ,and worst of all you are actually super-illiterate and ignorant enough to believe such shitcrap , then the brutality automatically comes ........

you dont have to be foreigner for that.......

the people of the northwest parts of india were always larger and stronger and fairer due to a mixture of scythian blood from invaders like huns , kushans ,sakas etc from central asia, even when islam was not born and they were hindus .

.......and it was these hindus who converted to islam......

admittedly , in pakistan the number of ashraf ( descendants of foreigner muslims ) are more in percentage compared to ashraf muslims in india , but they still form a minority even in pakistan .

in pak ,the ashraf muslims are about 20 percent of the population , while in india they are about 10 percent .

but in both cases the ajwain muslims ( converts from indians ) are the vast majority.....80 percent in pak ,and 90 percent in india.....

besides , the ashraf muslims are not descendants of arabs , but of turks from central asia . like babar , all muslim invaders of india were turks or turko-mongol ,not arabs . so it is fanciful for any pakistani to look at a arab as ancestor .

Last edited by ashdoc; February 16th, 2011 at 08:50 PM.
Old February 16th, 2011, 08:55 PM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
. Arabs are very brutal.
thank god you admitted it .....

since arabs are the original muslims , it is a natural corollary then isn't it , that islam , a religion created by them is very brutal ......

so what we echarchans say about muslims , the hatred we spew at it is justified , isnt it ??
Old February 17th, 2011, 10:56 AM
The NEo of Echarcha

JaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond repute

ofcourse , otherwise they would have co-existed with Hindus In Bangla .
Old February 18th, 2011, 07:00 AM
Banned

Arbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond reputeArbaaz Balushi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Do you know that they dont teach Ashok or other hindu kings in pakistan... their history presumably starts with islamic invasion... what kind of demented education policy is that.
With so many ‘versions’ of history around and ‘eventful’ historical accounts on forums and blogs, and ashdoc-like-talents who can pick and mix to create their own version of history; my personal preference would be to read history from that point of time which is universally accepted and not biased because of the location of the school.

I have spent countless hours memorizing dates and events of maurya dynasty, the administrative reforms done by ashok, his repentance and acceptance of buddhism after kalinga war, his plantation of trees on either side of roads, sending his kids to srilanka for spreading budhism, etc. I believed all that stuff to the core.

Now years later, I find a worldwide reputed newspaper while running an article calls ashok as mythical character; where as an indian newspaper fondly called as toilet paper or trash paper, runs the same, but retains ashok position as emperor.

From Guardian :
Quote:
India's history and culture, from Asoka, its mythical emperor in the third century BC, to Gandhi, push it to emphasise ethics and to consider itself an "exceptional" nation in its relationship with the world. Contrary to China, India finds it difficult to adapt to its status as an emerging "Great Power". It would be a gross exaggeration, of course, to speak of an Indian "inferiority complex". And yet India constantly measures itself against China, remains obsessed with Pakistan, and has recently begun to look more critically at its relationship with the US.
Quote:
India's history and culture — from emperor Asoka in the third century BC to Gandhi — push it to emphasise ethics and to consider itself an "exceptional" nation in its relationship with the world. Contrary to China, India finds it difficult to adapt to its status as an emerging "Great Power." It would be a gross exaggeration, of course, to speak of an Indian "inferiority complex." And yet India constantly measures itself against China, remains obsessed with Pakistan, and has recently begun to look more critically at its relationship with the US.
Now I wonder where is the right place of ashok, the king. History class or the language class?

So, can we blame a certain country or its predominant population if their school's history syllabus doesn't matches ours?

Last edited by Arbaaz Balushi; February 18th, 2011 at 07:03 AM.
Old February 18th, 2011, 07:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
thank god you admitted it .....

since arabs are the original muslims , it is a natural corollary then isn't it , that islam , a religion created by them is very brutal ......

so what we echarchans say about muslims , the hatred we spew at it is justified , isnt it ??
Not for same reasons as yours, I’ll still say arabs are brutal and cruel, any day.

Some people have a propensity to use certain words, picked up while strolling through forums or airports, at a very unwitting context or place. My reason for saying arabs are brutal is to forewarn a fellow echarchan. After calling an arab as towelhead, he might end up seeking his final peace from a ‘peacelover’ arab.
Old February 18th, 2011, 07:34 AM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not for same reasons as yours, I’ll still say arabs are brutal and cruel, any day.

Some people have a propensity to use certain words, picked up while strolling through forums or airports, at a very unwitting context or place. My reason for saying arabs are brutal is to forewarn a fellow echarchan. After calling an arab as towelhead, he might end up seeking his final peace from a ‘peacelover’ arab.
eye-to-eye ki baat karta hai aur post-to-post reply bhi nahi kar sakta
u really felt the need for using the blue to highlight?

btw, i dont claim to be the ultimate source of knowledge or most knowledgeable on any topic, language or anything else. dont assume or believe anyone who claims that
ADD: i called the Bangladeshi by that name, not an Arab dont put ur words in my mouth. otherwise u will find ur peace sooner than me

Last edited by PeaceSeeker; February 18th, 2011 at 07:51 AM.
Old February 18th, 2011, 07:36 AM
Orijinally d Dooplikate!!

Metafours has a reputation beyond reputeMetafours has a reputation beyond reputeMetafours has a reputation beyond reputeMetafours has a reputation beyond reputeMetafours has a reputation beyond reputeMetafours has a reputation beyond reputeMetafours has a reputation beyond reputeMetafours has a reputation beyond reputeMetafours has a reputation beyond reputeMetafours has a reputation beyond reputeMetafours has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
......... After calling an arab as towelhead, he might end up seeking his final peace from a ‘peacelover’ arab.
would an Arab go to that extent to give peace, just because he has called names....that is definitely cruel...