eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > Crowning Glory

Notices

Crowning Glory A home for our best content ... award winning created by eCharchans!!

Old July 18th, 2010, 08:59 PM
Life is BEAUtiful

sunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Who is the second best hindi movie villian character?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhurandhar View Post
I forgot Ajeet....one of the more unlucky guys in Bollywood who started as a hero in B grade movies and did well as a villain....but not enough roles to earn a medal in any category
sara shere mujhe LION ke naam se janata hai
Even his son did not get even one decent role, bichara is known for his small role in Andaz Aapna Aapna

Old July 18th, 2010, 09:24 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute

No Gabbar could hold a candle to Lalita Pawar and Shashikala. People loved Gabbar ... thats no baddie. Name one Indian who didn't hate these two women and I will show you a fearless Indian man.

Shivers run down my spine while watching old films and Lalita or Shashikala appear on the screen.

1. Lalita Pawar (you must watch some old movie called Gharana for evil which lurked in Lalita)

2. Shashi Kala (several)

3. Jeevan (mother India fame)
and
3. Balraj Sahani (Teesri Kassam)

4. Gabbar
4. Pran
5. Anwar Khan and
husband of Vahida (Guide)
6. K. N. Singh (I watched an old Dev Aanad film ... this guy was good)
7. Sarkar had few real bad baddies.
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!

Last edited by tantric_yogi; July 18th, 2010 at 09:35 PM.
Old July 18th, 2010, 09:43 PM
Junior eCharchan

induz has a reputation beyond reputeinduz has a reputation beyond reputeinduz has a reputation beyond reputeinduz has a reputation beyond reputeinduz has a reputation beyond reputeinduz has a reputation beyond reputeinduz has a reputation beyond reputeinduz has a reputation beyond reputeinduz has a reputation beyond reputeinduz has a reputation beyond reputeinduz has a reputation beyond repute

ghatak Barsaat and agneepath you remember ...danny...Also, Nana for few films...best Hindi villain so far is Ajit ,Pran and Amreesh...Prem started comedy in villainies role and i didn't like that..Pran sahib was good too...Vinod Khanna and Shatru
Old July 19th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Have we agreed on who is the first best villain?
Old July 19th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Okay guys, that enough. Let me get this thread back on track. I am not asking who is the best actor to play a villian's role (if I was asking that then I would easily name Ranjeet as the gold medallist). No, not the actor... not who played villian in most movies. Nope, that is not the question.

The question again, we remember Gabbar Singh for his reign of terror and widespread mayhem in the movie... where people miles around live in fear. People take his name and piss in their pants. Similarly, who else? It should be a character that has been built-up in the movie to terrorize people... whose name the victims just whisper in fear that the walls could hear... something similar to Kaizer Soze in Usual Suspects (or Voldimort in Harry Potter series). The villian should instill the fear of god in both the characters in the movie as well as the audience. I could see Jageera in ChinaGate does something similar. Who else?

In general villians in hindi movies are reduced to caricatures... like in kids' movies. Ajay Devgan's character in Deewanapan is awesome. Maybe not widespread terror but still. Dr. Dang might be a good candidate but Anupam Kher does not really inspire that kind of terror... he sort of weakens the absolute horror of Dr. Dang. Lalita Pawar and Sashikala cannot be candidates as their victims are just their DiLs and hubbies. In general they want to look good in society. Maybe Lalita Pawar's character in Junglee... but she changes in the end, for the better.

One other character that comes to mind, ChandraMohan's character in Roti (1942). A total villian... no caricature.

So, just the characters... not the actors.

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old July 19th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Nana Patekar in Parinda and Sadashiv as Maharani in Sadakk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
Okay guys, that enough. Let me get this thread back on track. I am not asking who is the best actor to play a villian's role (if I was asking that then I would easily name Ranjeet as the gold medallist). No, not the actor... not who played villian in most movies. Nope, that is not the question.

The question again, we remember Gabbar Singh for his reign of terror and widespread mayhem in the movie... where people miles around live in fear. People take his name and piss in their pants. Similarly, who else? It should be a character that has been built-up in the movie to terrorize people... whose name the victims just whisper in fear that the walls could hear... something similar to Kaizer Soze in Usual Suspects (or Voldimort in Harry Potter series). The villian should instill the fear of god in both the characters in the movie as well as the audience. I could see Jageera in ChinaGate does something similar. Who else?

In general villians in hindi movies are reduced to caricatures... like in kids' movies. Ajay Devgan's character in Deewanapan is awesome. Maybe not widespread terror but still. Dr. Dang might be a good candidate but Anupam Kher does not really inspire that kind of terror... he sort of weakens the absolute horror of Dr. Dang. Lalita Pawar and Sashikala cannot be candidates as their victims are just their DiLs and hubbies. In general they want to look good in society. Maybe Lalita Pawar's character in Junglee... but she changes in the end, for the better.

One other character that comes to mind, ChandraMohan's character in Roti (1942). A total villian... no caricature.

So, just the characters... not the actors.
Old July 19th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
Nana Patekar in Parinda and Sadashiv as Maharani in Sadakk
Good,

Jageera - Mikesh Tiwari - ChinaGate
Anna - Nana Patekar - Parinda
Maharani - Sadashiv Amrapurkar - Sadak
Janga - - Ajit - Kottey Sikkey
Tarang Bharadwaj - Ajay Devgan - Deewangee

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old July 19th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Junior eCharchan

induz has a reputation beyond reputeinduz has a reputation beyond reputeinduz has a reputation beyond reputeinduz has a reputation beyond reputeinduz has a reputation beyond reputeinduz has a reputation beyond reputeinduz has a reputation beyond reputeinduz has a reputation beyond reputeinduz has a reputation beyond reputeinduz has a reputation beyond reputeinduz has a reputation beyond repute

Vinod in 'Mera Gaon Mera Desh'
Old July 19th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Kulbhusan kharbanda shakaal in shaan

Ajit dont remember his character in kalicharan

Amitabh in Ankhen

how about Sanjay Dutt in Khalnayak
Old July 19th, 2010, 09:57 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by induz View Post
Vinod in 'Mera Gaon Mera Desh'
Really? A reign of terror? Have seen this movie a long time back... don't remember... so the plot was not terror-instilling

Shakaal was a caricature... he was laughter-inspiring.

Amitabh in Aankhen was a man wronged. Nothing evil about him.

C'mon, Sanjay Dutt? Really? Saala his whole role was so bad in that movie. Him crying like a baby... really... a villian

Old July 19th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Super eCharchan

Ashutosh Rana in Dushman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
Really? A reign of terror? Have seen this movie a long time back... don't remember... so the plot was not terror-instilling

Shakaal was a caricature... he was laughter-inspiring.

Amitabh in Aankhen was a man wronged. Nothing evil about him.

C'mon, Sanjay Dutt? Really? Saala his whole role was so bad in that movie. Him crying like a baby... really... a villian
Old July 19th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

I forgot the real name of this guy but he was called by the name Durga, in movie jungle. I think he did a wonderful job in negative role.
Old July 19th, 2010, 10:11 AM
Super eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
I forgot the real name of this guy but he was called by the name Durga, in movie jungle. I think he did a wonderful job in negative role.
Sane Anna is asking about hindi villians and you are writing about english villians
Old July 19th, 2010, 10:12 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
Sane Anna is asking about hindi villians and you are writing about english villians
na na...this was Ram Gopal Verma's movie....
Old July 19th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
Sushant Singh. Have this movie on my pending list of movies... one of these days. The last time I saw it, the print was so bad that all I could see was green-green everywhere... and could hear the dialogues, that's it.