eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > Crowning Glory

Notices

Crowning Glory A home for our best content ... award winning created by eCharchans!!

Old February 18th, 2015, 01:06 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rough treatment of elderly NRI leaves him paralyzed

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsantabajuwala View Post
So much cowdung in one single post... an entire UP village can cook on it for a year. Your socalled System tried its best to sweep under the proverbial rug. God bless BJP government in Delhi and Arnab GoGoGoswami.
First thing - Arnab Goswami cares only for TRPs. Otherwise he would have broadcast this incident when it occurred and not waited for Delhi poll coverage to be over.
Second thing - About system , what system you are talking about? And how did it try to sweep it under the rug? If it was not for the system , you would not be seeing the developments that you see today.
Old February 18th, 2015, 01:14 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

The dash cam video was released by the police department so I don't know how the system can sweep it under the rug ........
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old February 18th, 2015, 03:00 PM
dr.ibbler

drsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond repute

This great country of yours is a beacon of hope to hundreds of million oppressed around this our mother earth. Incidents like this one tend to put a damper... is all is to it, really.
ड्राइवर सांता बाजुवाल्ला के साथ बहस करना मुश्किल ही नहीं नामुमकिन है
Old February 18th, 2015, 05:25 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsantabajuwala View Post
This great country of yours is a beacon of hope to hundreds of million oppressed around this our mother earth. Incidents like this one tend to put a damper... is all is to it, really.
Woh to hai hee.
Old February 20th, 2015, 07:05 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alabama Police throw Indian Grandfather to the ground and paralysed him,..

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post

But I wont want to go to Alabama
Chal see from here only. This is Alabama from my 2 MP Sony Ericsson K750i
This side of the river is Georgia, the other side of the river is Alabama.

This was my first visit to LOO (Land Of Opportunity) And as the timestamp would tell you, it was way before the economic melt down, when the Boom Time was still on.

Me and my colleague landed on a Sunday afternoon and Checked into Econolodge. He slept off and i decided to explore and as is usual for me, got into a Bar (A Brewhouse like BJs, except you could smell hay there).
The conversation went on as-
Amru next to me - Were You born in this country
Me - No
Amru- How long have you been living in this country
Me - 2 Hours
Amru -
Old March 1st, 2015, 04:59 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Did some follow up on this story after Sureshbhai's face was haunting me every time I logged on to ec.

Read an article ..

Quote:
Madison Is Not Missouri, But Alabama Beating Is A Wake-Up Call For Asian Americans

written by Dipka Bhambhani

After the brutal assault by Madison, Ala., police on Sureshbhai Patel earlier this month, a number of media outlets lumped this incident of police brutality in with the events of Missouri, New York, and Washington state.
But this incident in Madison is quite different from those.

This is where the discussion on racism should start—when an innocent person, who didn’t provoke police in any way, but thought to be black, was assaulted.

Patel, a 57-year old Indian grandfather, a slight man wearing a winter cap, was assaulted by Officer Erik Parker after a 911 caller said a “skinny black guy” was walking down his street in Madison.

Patel wasn’t doing anything suspicious. But when the two officers came to the scene, one slammed him into the ground, paralyzing him for no reason.

It was obvious from the videos that Mr. Patel could not speak English well. And, it was shocking and embarrassing that Parker continued to question and punish Patel despite the language barrier.

The videos are painful and gut-wrenching.

Parker was fired from the department immediately, and Madison’s chief of police, Larry Muncey, apologized to Mr. Patel and his family.

Parker has neither apologized to Mr. Patel nor explained why he did what he did. Instead, Parker pleaded not guilty. He is facing civil and criminal charges, and the incident has gotten the attention of the FBI.
Muncey told the Daily Caller that the standards of his department are “extremely high,” and Parker “did not meet our standards.”

Muncey also said we should be careful not to throw in accusations of racism so quickly.

It might, however, make the race conversation more constructive if Parker explained himself publically, to the family, expressed humility, showed some signs of repentance.

Since the incident, the South Asian community across the world has mobilized, raised money, posted all over social media the incident, their outrage. And, the government of India criticized the state because Mr. Patel is an Indian national.

This incident has gotten Asian Americans across the country talking about race, and publically, in a way they had not before, and notably, without the violent protests.

One leader at the Hindu Culture Center of North Alabama Harvest told AL.com, “Hindus don’t believe tit for tat or eye for eye, we don’t believe that.”

What happened to Patel is an assault on us all.

And it should spark an honest constructive discussion about race.
But, what happened should not represent racism writ large in the state of Alabama, or chronic racism throughout law enforcement in the state.

The Hindu Cultural Center members suggest the Madison police department undergo diversity sensitivity training, so they learn how to deal with non-English speakers. They were quick to note that the members do not blame the Madison Police Department as a whole.

The South Asian reaction in Madison has been so different from the reaction by protesters in Missouri, New York and Washington State where the suspects were guilty of crimes.

While some attempt to paint Alabama with a broad brush of racism, it seems strange considering the diversity of Madison itself and the growth of the Indian American population in the area.

The population of Madison, Alabama is roughly 45,800. The Indian American population in Alabama has grown 85 percent in about a decade to almost 13,000, and Madison has seen an increase of more than 150 percent in that time period, bringing the Indian population to over 900, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.

Whites make up 74 percent. Blacks make up 14.6 percent. The town is affluent, with the median income being $94,900.

More than 96 percent of residents have a high school diploma, and more than 50 percent have a bachelors or graduate degree. More than 52 different languages are represented in the school system, and the second most common language after English is Korean.

“We are an extremely diverse community,” Muncey told the Daily Caller.
What happened to Patel has shaken Asian Americans, and their reaction has been very different from their reaction to the other celebrated cases.
Most Asian Americans weren’t enraged when Michael Brown was shot, and many weren’t sympathetic to the protesters.

Ironically, many saw Brown as a criminal who had pushed around another Patel in Ferguson, as he robbed his convenience store, before he ran away with the stolen cigars and things went terribly wrong. Later protesters burned and looted a number of Asian businesses.

Protests broke out again after Officer Darren Wilson was found not guilty. But if you looked closely, you didn’t see many Asian Americans protesting.
Why? Are we not the target of racism in our own lives?

In a piece called, “Why Asian Americans Might Not Talk About Ferguson,” journalist Liz Lin, explains that Asians Americans believe there’s a better way to combat racism: Study hard, work hard, don’t get involved with criminal behavior, and focus on your family. And you’ll be fine.

In his article in The Daily Beast,Tim Mak wrote that 20 Asian businesses were destroyed in Ferguson when riots broke out. This is a town where Asians comprise less than one percent of the population.

Johnny Wang, president of the Asian American Chamber of Commerce of St. Louis, told Mak he hoped the Ferguson riots don’t “devolve into what happened in the L.A. riots … because if that happens, we’re all getting out of dodge.”

I argue there’s something else at play. If you listen closely, Asian Americans don’t see themselves in the race war between blacks and whites.

Even the Association of Asian American Journalists didn’t take a hard line of sympathy for protesters of the Michael Brown verdict.
This is a stark reminder that Asian Americans don’t generally play the “race card.” I grew up in an Asian household. If something goes wrong, it’s usually the kid’s fault, not law enforcement or teachers or other authority figures. It’s a different philosophy, a different way of life that focuses on personal responsibility.

For many Asians, it was hard to sympathize with Brown when his supporters were the ones burning Ferguson down and taking with it the hard work that hundreds of Asians had put into their businesses, their livelihoods.

And, Muncey said officers around the country are increasingly feeling the added pressure of incidents like the ones in Missouri. The New York Times reported in January that the New York Police Department echoed that feeling.

Every 53 hours, there’s an officer killed in the line of duty, Muncey told the Daily Caller.
“It’s a violent job, and if you’re completely inundated with this over and over again, you’re going to be apprehensive. You’re going to be cautious,” he said.

Muncey, a mild-mannered, straight forward man, added that he doesn’t absolve Parker.

Unfortunately, the city of Madison and the state of Alabama has yet to extinguish the pain.

Parker pleaded not guilty, got off on $1,000 bond and was only charged with third-degree assault, a misdemeanor. And again, he hasn’t apologized. I can only imagine how the Patel family might feel if Parker fell at his feet asking for forgiveness.

Alabama Governor Robert Bentley apologized publicly to Patel and his family nearly two weeks after the incident. But what is he really doing about it?
Patel’s supporters have raised money for his medical bills.
Could the state pay for his entire recovery process, including, but not limited to in-home care, a nurse, a housekeeper, a cook?

LINK
Old March 4th, 2015, 11:42 AM
dr.ibbler

drsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond reputedrsantabajuwala has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations... you deserve a CROWN for this thread. Driver Santa Bajuwala thinks so.

http://www.echarcha.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44432
ड्राइवर सांता बाजुवाल्ला के साथ बहस करना मुश्किल ही नहीं नामुमकिन है
Old March 5th, 2015, 06:46 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

How is the grand father doing now? Any news?
Old March 5th, 2015, 06:53 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Last I read about a week back.. long road to recovery and lots of costly physical therapy.
Old March 5th, 2015, 07:10 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
Last I read about a week back.. long road to recovery and lots of costly physical therapy.
I hope the state is paying for it. Poor guy, at this age its very hard to recover.
Old March 18th, 2015, 07:02 PM

Are white cops in US trigger happy? I dont know about you but I can't believe they killed this mentally ill black man for nothing.. Fuck this is so crazy.. I'm so moved at seeing this.

Video: Dallas police open fire on schizophrenic man with screwdriver http://t.co/OVxgXAnrk6
Old March 18th, 2015, 08:28 PM

Why can't a cop move away? Are motherfuckers stupid? Don't you get it that the guy is schizo and can't comply with orders? Who gave them right to shoot at will? Things are getting scary in US.. Too many random and freak shootings all around.

I sleep tonight with a heavy heart.. Imagine the mom called cops to shoot the mentally ill son in cold blood over nothing.
Old October 29th, 2015, 07:23 AM

Updates on this story. Cop's defense pretty much says if you don't speak English we will slam you to the ground.

Slammed Indian Grandfather Posed No Threat: US Cops

An Indian grandfather slammed to the ground by an Alabama police officer posed no threat to police, two fellow officers testified in the retrial of the cop charged with use of excessive force.

Sureshbhai Patel, who had arrived days earlier from India to take care of his grandson, presented no threat to police, Madison Police Officer Charles Spence told a Huntsville court Wednesday. "To me, he appeared to be in his 70s."

"There was no criminal conduct to document" by Mr Patel and that no reasonable suspicion existed to lay hands on Mr Patel, testified Lt. Clint Harrell, according to local Al.com. "Even if they are accused of something, you still treat them right."

The first trial of former Madison Officer Eric Parker for the Feb 6 takedown of Mr Patel while he was taking a walk near his son's home ended early last month with a hung jury, as the jury split 10-2 in favour of acquittal.

As police responded to a neighbour's call about a "skinny black man" walking near homes and looking at garages in Madison, Spence circled back and arrived just in time to see the takedown by Parker. Spence, a 20-year patrol veteran of the Madison force, said he did not observe Patel jerk his hand away from officers. "Did you see anything that indicated force was necessary?" asked Assistant US Attorney Robert Posey. "No, sir," said Spence.

The defence argued that Mr Patel pulled his hand away from an officer and that he could have been reaching for a weapon.

Mr Patel himself was the second witness of the day. This time he entered the courtroom with a walker. During the initial trial last month, the FBI brought Mr Patel to the witness stand in a wheelchair.

Mr Patel who speaks Gujarati, an Indian language that according to Al.com is now the eighth most common language in Alabama households, testified through a translator. Asked why he came to America, Sureshbhai Patel, whose son, Chirag Patel, is an engineer with a defence contractor in Huntsville, said "I came here to play with my grandson."

Mr Patel said he walked in the mornings "to the extent of 10 to 11 homes." He said he never walked through yards.

The neighbour who called police did not say Mr Patel did, although a radio dispatcher mentioned yards in relaying the information to police. "I was walking on the stone road," said Mr Patel, indicating the sidewalk.

"I was returning to my home and somebody shouted from the back and I stopped," said Mr Patel. He said that he recognized the police uniforms and told officers "no English" and "India."

That's clearly heard on the tape. He also said he told officers "my house," but that's not clearly heard.

"I did not try to run away but I did go back a couple of steps to show them my house, my house," testified Mr Patel. "They put their hands on me and I was just standing and did not move."

Did he jerk away from the officers? "No, they just get my hands and I stood there." Did he resist? "No." Did he have any weapons? "No."

"When they put me on the grass my whole body went numb," he said.

Quizzing him on his language skills, Defence attorney Robert Tuten asked: "Do you understand the word stop, Mr. Patel?" He said no.

The defence has argued that Mr Patel did not comply with police instructions, that he walked away and jerked his hand away and reached for his pockets.
Old October 29th, 2015, 07:41 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Lets launch a 'brown lives matter' or rather 'brown backs matter' movement.

Is the Dadaji still around in US. i thought he was going back to India.
"Play with his grandson". Good tutoring. Anyway, his son had launched a case against the town itself. How is that going.
Old October 29th, 2015, 07:48 AM

Dadaji got GC when he entered US, he no go back (no pun intended here) to India.

In other news, I tweaked my back couple weeks back. After a few chiropractor sessions, my back is good as new. Now I am thankful for simple things I can do, like walking without pain, getting up from chair, bed, running on the treadmill, etc.

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; October 29th, 2015 at 07:52 AM.