eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Health

Notices

Health Discuss Health related topics...

Old August 7th, 2018, 05:45 AM
Junior eCharchan

Ramesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these parts
Re: Right to low salary (low paying) jobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
1. I know there are plenty of jobs in places like Walmart etc where they do overnight stocking of things they sell.
Home depot is another example. They print out a list of things around 10 PM when the store closes. It contains the things they sold during the day. A group of people stock those items back in the shelves during the night. Sounds like a straightforward job to me.
This one involves clerical stuff, right?

Quote:
2. Another avenue could be food-packing for airlines. Basically whatever you see being served on the planes are first packed right...it happens the night before. During my university days, my friend used to do this.
Does this require skills and tidy hands? For instance ironing clothes requires good skills. If a shabby and untidy person does food-packing would it turn out okay?

Quote:
3. You can also apply for jobs at a local nursery. basically watering the plants, taking the weeds out etc. In off-season, you can tend to indoor plants. check it out.
This sounds great. Does it involve any danger like snakes or insects?
Old August 7th, 2018, 05:49 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramesh Suresh View Post
Not that i am aware of. usually college students do this with a supervisor doing the clerical work. You are just given a list of things to be stocked, thats it.

Does this require skills and tidy hands? For instance ironing clothes requires good skills. If a shabby and untidy person does food-packing would it turn out okay?

It doesnt require skill but it obviously require you to be clean as you are handling food. As such, you will be expected to wear food gloves.

I have not come across snakes/incest's. They would be in water garden section. Regular flower pots etc will not have snakes. At least not in North America. which part of the world are you in?
see in red
Old August 7th, 2018, 05:50 AM
Junior eCharchan

Ramesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these parts

Quote:
My cousin who is moderately autistic is given a job in candle making. Basically the school for special needs kids taught him this job and placed him in this group funded by government. This is in India.

My nephew, who is mildly autistic is being taught professional swimming. The intention is for him to be a swimming teacher (one on one basis); also in India. Plenty of things out there. Just keep an eye out or talk to a local counsellor.
Don't normal people compete for such jobs?
Old August 7th, 2018, 05:50 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
My cousin who is moderately autistic is given a job in candle making. Basically the school for special needs kids taught him this job and placed him in this group funded by government. This is in India.

My nephew, who is mildly autistic is being taught professional swimming. The intention is for him to be a swimming teacher (one on one basis); also in India. Plenty of things out there. Just keep an eye out or talk to a local counsellor.
FYI, you need to be officially diagnosed to be eligible for jobs like this. They are reserved for people who are facing some challenges.
If I am not mistaken, most organisations are required to hire someone like this. I do know we hire people with mild Down's, Asperger's syndromes etc
Old August 7th, 2018, 05:52 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Don't do normal people competent for such jobs?
No. they are reserved for people with disabilities and even 20 years ago, it was maintained without corruption. My cousin who is 40 years old is as matured as a 7 year old. He completed that course (Focus Group is what they call is) and he has been making candles for years now. He lives with his parents but after they pass, he will be moved into a facility where he would continue making candles.
Old August 7th, 2018, 06:51 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
see in red
Auto correct for insect is interesting
Old August 7th, 2018, 10:13 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Right to low salary (low paying) jobs

Quote:
Does shoe polishing require any skills like cooking does? If you are not skilled your cooking would not be good. Can any unskilled guy do a good job of polishing?

By the way, it's not about IQ. Read second paragraph of OP. I think I have to edit-add a clarification.
If you cannot learn to polish shoes, you do not deserve any job. Really.
Sit on the Dadar station railway bridge and sell agarbattis instead
Old August 7th, 2018, 10:19 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

In every option you are finding excuses. You need to join AAP.
Old August 7th, 2018, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
Why dont you migrate to some communist country where you will be fed by the government and given an assured job. So your IQ does not matter at all.

But you cannot go to China today though China is communist because there they are now into very high speed of things like manufacturing and business. So China is not a good place for you...

Hmmm... well, you can try polishing shoes on the railway station like Dadar or Bandra in Mumbai. Very low paying job and needs no IQ or any kind of training except how to polish shoes. Seriously! Try this.
There are only 3 or so of them left. Cuba, North Korea and Venezuela.

Another alternative is the Nanny states like Norway.
Old August 7th, 2018, 10:26 AM

Quote:
If you cannot learn to polish shoes, you do not deserve any job. Really.
Shoe polishing does involve manual labor. For agarbattis too, the seller has to call out the buyers.
I remember long back when a shoe polishing kid tried to get me to polish shoes, but i refused it. Somehow the cream they use seems to 'addict' the shoes and the shoes lose color after a while. But feel sorry for him now when i remember that.

Both these are honest ways of livelihood for poor which OP does not want to do.
Old August 7th, 2018, 10:29 AM
Junior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
There are only 3 or so of them left. Cuba, North Korea and Venezuela.

Another alternative is the Nanny states like Norway.
This is not charity. We want to work. The payer gets something in return. This is not any freebie.
Old August 7th, 2018, 10:42 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
This is actually a great idea. If you can get official diagnosis, the government will help you sell those agarbathis. You just need to make them. Its an honest livelihood. Consider it.
I forget but there is something in the lines of co-op. They sell handmade things, art pieces etc made by disabled people. You just need to try.

Last edited by Aashika; August 7th, 2018 at 10:44 AM.
Old August 7th, 2018, 10:45 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Auto correct for insect is interesting
lol...you caught it eh?!
Old August 7th, 2018, 10:45 AM
Junior eCharchan

Quote:
Shoe polishing does involve manual labor. For agarbattis too, the seller has to call out the buyers.
I remember long back when a shoe polishing kid tried to get me to polish shoes, but i refused it. Somehow the cream they use seems to 'addict' the shoes and the shoes lose color after a while. But feel sorry for him now when i remember that.

Both these are honest ways of livelihood for poor which OP does not want to do.
Just because I am enquiring whether there is anything negative about the job, people are thinking I don't want to do it. Below quote should drive home the point.

Quote:
Symptom 3:

Staggering slowness:
I do things very slowly. Be it any task. Be it washing clothes at home, be it packing, be it assembling desktops, be it data entry tasks, be it clerical tasks and so on. What others do in 15 minutes, I do it in 2 hours.

As a result, I have to surreptitiously enter the lab after working hours like a thief and stay till late at night in order to complete the job. I also have to spend my holidays secretly working in college. At such times I would be in fear of boss or his boss showing up at the college.
And do you know how my marriage with the NRI (defacto NRI) broke up?

While chatting with the girl, I told her following things:

1. I did BE but in 10 years.
2. I am not lecturer as my yesman colleague said but actually a lab instructor.
3. My salary (then salary) is not 15000 (that's for lecturers) but only 7500.

The girl went ahead and told everything to her family. And that's how it ended.
Old August 7th, 2018, 06:26 PM
Senior eCharchan

HarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant future

Quote:
Just because I am enquiring whether there is anything negative about the job, people are thinking I don't want to do it. Below quote should drive home the point.

And do you know how my marriage with the NRI (defacto NRI) broke up?

While chatting with the girl, I told her following things:

1. I did BE but in 10 years.
2. I am not lecturer as my yesman colleague said but actually a lab instructor.
3. My salary (then salary) is not 15000 (that's for lecturers) but only 7500.

The girl went ahead and told everything to her family. And that's how it ended.
You should have said I am very slow. Everyone finishes sexual activity in 10-12 mins but I take 2 hours. Everyone does licky lick for 1-2 mins but i am slow and I take 20-30 mins. She would have married you without asking her father.