eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Health

Notices

Health Discuss Health related topics...

Old August 4th, 2018, 10:32 AM
Banned

Ramesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these parts
Arrow Right to low salary (low paying) jobs

Due to some reasons some people are unable to work with speed and efficiency. It is impossible for them to do the amount of work that normal people do in stipulated time. They take whole day to complete what others do in two hours.

It's not about IQ because clerical and manual setup tasks don't require high IQ. And above type people get selected for the job because at the time of interview only mental abilities are evaluated and OTHER ATTRIBUTES that are crucial for speed and efficiency are not even thought of.

Of course, in usual circumstances such people are fired. How are such people supposed to survive? The scenario is either moderate/high salary or no salary at all.

People like me yearn for low salary but a secure job. We give our 100% and also a bit extra time. But our output is only a small fraction of the average. So why not give us a small fraction of the average salary? We crave for low pay. When there was an unannounced increment, I was annoyed and it made me uneasy. Because increment means there would be more taunts of not doing work and yet taking salary. When I expressed my unhappiness over the unasked increment, the boss forbid me from telling this to management because doing so may affect other's salaries.

So what jobs fulfill this neuropsychiatric need of paltry salary from light work for well-educated? Or are such jobs yet to be invented? And given the rampant unemployment in the country, how to prevent the mentally healthy people from grabbing such jobs?

By the way, how do mentally retarded pull through life? What professions do they take up?
Old August 4th, 2018, 12:17 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Right to low salary (low paying) jobs

There are many such jobs. Like doing the photo copy in an organization. Or cashier's work in a bank. Do you concur?
Old August 4th, 2018, 12:25 PM
Banned

Ramesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these partsRamesh Suresh is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
Like doing the photo copy in an organization.
Photocopying seems attractive proposition but only if there is no rush. If too many people come at once, it would be difficult to handle the pressure.
Old August 4th, 2018, 12:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
Or cashier's work in a bank.
No. Cashier's job involves tremendous vigilance and you have to be quick. It also involves counting currency notes, right?
Old August 4th, 2018, 12:33 PM
Banned

@Napolean

Did you read the OP? The issue is not IQ. The issue is being organised, fast and completing the clerical/manual setup tasks without error.
Old August 6th, 2018, 09:37 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

In this fast-paced world that we have created for ourselves, you are sh*gar-out of luck here. Your best bet will be to find a rich man's daughter and then live your life in luxury and leisure. Just sit by the swimming pool all day and sip wine/whiskey. You will need to buff up your body for this... else what reason rich man's daughter marry you

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless

Last edited by Sane Less; August 7th, 2018 at 09:18 AM.
Old August 6th, 2018, 10:53 AM
Banned

Question Re: Right to low salary (low paying) jobs

Secure means secure for me. Look at my specific handicaps.

1. For instance, office attendor, you know the chaprasi who physically carries files from one table/section to another. I think it doesn't involve any clerical or manual assembly setup tasks. So there is less or no scope for errors or tardiness. So little chance of dismissal from job or scolding.

2. Another example is that of staff in restaurants who carry away the plates after customers finish the meal. They are not waiters. Waiters are there to serve food. The folks I am referring to are for clearing the table after the customer leaves the table. What are they called?

Do those employees also have to wash the utensils? Not that I am unwilling. But I take staggeringly long time in washing utensils.
Old August 6th, 2018, 11:21 AM
Banned

By the way, bracing for another round of scolding on coming Friday.
Old August 6th, 2018, 11:30 AM
Senior eCharchan

razzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond repute

You bring up important points and reminded me of this saying...

"Udyogam purusha lakshanam"

consider this example of a man - who does not really need money, is well off etc..

society still expects him to be gainfully occupied/employed.. his wife has this expectation of him - his children have a need to look up to him.. so for all the above reasons he needs to have an occupation. the man has to work - not because he needs the money, but because society does not take kindly to someone who is idle 100% of the time.

So the next question is where can this person work where he will not get fired.. ? NGO's ?, a personal enterprise/business of sorts which does not necessarily need to turn a profit as long as it does not turn a loss ( remember - society will not allow this person to run a loss making enterprise either on a continuous basis - people are going to say - look at this chutya keeps losing money, does not know how to run a business, is useless etc and put pressure on him in that sense)

ideally i would think a social enterprise.. which helps the less fortunate might be a good fit.. if an existing setup will not accept you, then you may have to create one.. give yourself a fancy title - print a few visiting cards employ a few other nikammas and you should be all set.
Old August 6th, 2018, 11:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzrhino View Post

consider this example of a man - who does not really need money, is well off etc..

society still expects him to be gainfully occupied/employed.. his wife has this expectation of him - his children have a need to look up to him.. so for all the above reasons he needs to have an occupation. the man has to work - not because he needs the money, but because society does not take kindly to someone who is idle 100% of the time.

So the next question is where can this person work where he will not get fired.. ? NGO's ?, a personal enterprise/business of sorts which does not necessarily need to turn a profit as long as it does not turn a loss ( remember - society will not allow this person to run a loss making enterprise either on a continuous basis - people are going to say - look at this chutya keeps losing money, does not know how to run a business, is useless etc and put pressure on him in that sense)

ideally i would think a social enterprise.. which helps the less fortunate might be a good fit.. if an existing setup will not accept you, then you may have to create one.. give yourself a fancy title - print a few visiting cards employ a few other nikammas and you should be all set.
NGO chalake samaj sewa karunga tou main apna pet kaise palunga? How do I earn my livelihood, my bread and butter?
Old August 6th, 2018, 12:14 PM
Senior eCharchan

HarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzrhino View Post

There is another saying:

chudvanam nari lakshanam
Old August 6th, 2018, 08:06 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Right to low salary (low paying) jobs

Why dont you migrate to some communist country where you will be fed by the government and given an assured job. So your IQ does not matter at all.

But you cannot go to China today though China is communist because there they are now into very high speed of things like manufacturing and business. So China is not a good place for you...

Hmmm... well, you can try polishing shoes on the railway station like Dadar or Bandra in Mumbai. Very low paying job and needs no IQ or any kind of training except how to polish shoes. Seriously! Try this.
Old August 7th, 2018, 05:18 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramesh Suresh View Post
How do I earn my livelihood, my bread and butter?
1. I know there are plenty of jobs in places like Walmart etc where they do overnight stocking of things they sell.
Home depot is another example. They print out a list of things around 10 PM when the store closes. It contains the things they sold during the day. A group of people stock those items back in the shelves during the night. Sounds like a straightforward job to me.

2. Another avenue could be food-packing for airlines. Basically whatever you see being served on the planes are first packed right...it happens the night before. During my university days, my friend used to do this.

3. You can also apply for jobs at a local nursery. basically watering the plants, taking the weeds out etc. In off-season, you can tend to indoor plants. check it out.
Old August 7th, 2018, 05:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
Why dont you migrate to some communist country where you will be fed by the government and given an assured job. So your IQ does not matter at all.

But you cannot go to China today though China is communist because there they are now into very high speed of things like manufacturing and business. So China is not a good place for you...

Hmmm... well, you can try polishing shoes on the railway station like Dadar or Bandra in Mumbai. Very low paying job and needs no IQ or any kind of training except how to polish shoes. Seriously! Try this.
Does shoe polishing require any skills like cooking does? If you are not skilled your cooking would not be good. Can any unskilled guy do a good job of polishing?

By the way, it's not about IQ. Read second paragraph of OP. I think I have to edit-add a clarification.

Last edited by Ramesh Suresh; August 7th, 2018 at 05:35 AM.
Old August 7th, 2018, 05:45 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramesh Suresh View Post
By the way, how do mentally retarded pull through life? What professions do they take up?
My cousin who is moderately autistic is given a job in candle making. Basically the school for special needs kids taught him this job and placed him in this group funded by government. This is in India.

My nephew, who is mildly autistic is being taught professional swimming. The intention is for him to be a swimming teacher (one on one basis); also in India. Plenty of things out there. Just keep an eye out or talk to a local counsellor.