eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Health

Notices

Health Discuss Health related topics...

Old August 1st, 2018, 07:36 PM
Senior eCharchan

HarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant future
Re: Wine drinkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
so, question .. if you're drinking a 15 year old wine/whisky on new year's eve and don't finish it before the ball drops.. does it age to 16 years.. and you are enjoying a costlier wine/whisky at cheaper price?
No.. it only depends on the age on the bottle it was poured out of. If you have a 3-year old Macallan 12, it won't become a Macallan 15. No no no!
Old August 1st, 2018, 08:10 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarHarMahaDev View Post
No.. it only depends on the age on the bottle it was poured out of. If you have a 3-year old Macallan 12, it won't become a Macallan 15. No no no!
Aged for 15 years, and if I hold on to it for 4 years, wonít the age really be 20 years? Of course may be real aging is happening in charred oak barrels.
Old August 1st, 2018, 08:15 PM
Senior eCharchan

HarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
I like Reds... Whatever the food.

I prefer Merlot, then a Cab and finally a Bordeaux.

An interesting and eye opening incident occurred many many years ago.

I am still not a wine expert, but by now I can judge a good merlot, cab and bordeaux.

Well, I was new in the USA and happened to visit a fancy restaurant in San Francisco. I was looking at the wine list and saw a similar named wine listed twice. One was for $20 a bottle and the other was for $40. I asked the server, what is the difference in these wines as they are from the same winery.

The server had a dead pan expression when he said, "about 20 dollars"

Well, since then I realized that many wines are just expensive for the heck of it. Offcourse there are some which are vintage and rightly command the price.

But I usually look for wines which are about 4 years old and that's okay for me.
The point of this thread was not about wine, but about the conversation about wine.

There are some snooty-ass wine drinkers who will get all snooty about wines at a dinner table. Nowadays, even desis do it.

The tips I offered on this thread will ensure good solid responses to wine drinkers, regardless of whether you know shit about wine or not.
Old August 1st, 2018, 08:23 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
I like Reds... Whatever the food.

I prefer Merlot, then a Cab and finally a Bordeaux.

An interesting and eye opening incident occurred many many years ago.

I am still not a wine expert, but by now I can judge a good merlot, cab and bordeaux.

Well, I was new in the USA and happened to visit a fancy restaurant in San Francisco. I was looking at the wine list and saw a similar named wine listed twice. One was for $20 a bottle and the other was for $40. I asked the server, what is the difference in these wines as they are from the same winery.

The server had a dead pan expression when he said, "about 20 dollars"

Well, since then I realized that many wines are just expensive for the heck of it. Offcourse there are some which are vintage and rightly command the price.

But I usually look for wines which are about 4 years old and that's okay for me.
Btw, you never discuss the price of a wine with the server at a fancy restaurant. You become the joke, not them ... just saying!

Unless you are a true wine connoisseur, you wont be able to tell the difference between a good wine and expensive wine, but you don't have to advertise that. Always pretend that you know the difference, but you chose to stick to the time-tested and hand-picked wine.

So I'm saying, if you are at a fancy restaurant, then pick brands like Rodney Strong or Silverado. If you feel rich, pick Silver Oak or Caymus. Pick cab or merlot or bordoex or whatever, but make it sound like you know everything there is to know about wines, yet made a conscious choice to pick that particular wine.
Old August 2nd, 2018, 10:05 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Btw, you never discuss the price of a wine with the server at a fancy restaurant. You become the joke, not them ... just saying!

Unless you are a true wine connoisseur, you wont be able to tell the difference between a good wine and expensive wine, but you don't have to advertise that. Always pretend that you know the difference, but you chose to stick to the time-tested and hand-picked wine.

So I'm saying, if you are at a fancy restaurant, then pick brands like Rodney Strong or Silverado. If you feel rich, pick Silver Oak or Caymus. Pick cab or merlot or bordoex or whatever, but make it sound like you know everything there is to know about wines, yet made a conscious choice to pick that particular wine.
I was new in the USA with little or no knowledge about wine.

Since those days, when I have wine in a restaurant, I just look at the wine list. If I see something from Napa or any other part of California, I generally order that.
Old August 2nd, 2018, 10:05 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Whiskey stops aging once it leaves the cask and gets into a bottle. So even if you keep the whiskey for 10 years in a bottle, the aging has actually stopped when it was bottled.
Old August 4th, 2018, 09:48 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

In grocery stores, do you get old wine?
Old August 5th, 2018, 07:27 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
In grocery stores, do you get old wine?
When discussing wine, terminology is of utmost importance. The purpose of discussing wine is to sound elitist, especially if you are a desi.

Never say 'old' wine. It is 'AGED' wine. The difference between old vs aged is sounding stupid vs elitist.
Old August 5th, 2018, 11:07 AM
be badass

MsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant future

How smart and elite a few sound on these forums is unbelievable! Wonder whether one has that confidence in their voice when you meet them in person? Or one is just seen blabbering in crazy accents trying to remember what they really want to say v/s what one's actually saying, be it a joke or sher-o-shayari. People are barely even able to read a joke out loud for God's sake without making a fool of themselves.

P.S. Just an observation. I could be wrong
Old August 5th, 2018, 01:52 PM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Whiskey stops aging once it leaves the cask and gets into a bottle. So even if you keep the whiskey for 10 years in a bottle, the aging has actually stopped when it was bottled.
All liquor stops aging once poured out of cask.

Anyways,

Who cares. Saali sab ek jaisi chadhti hai.
Old August 5th, 2018, 03:54 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsShaanze View Post
How smart and elite a few sound on these forums is unbelievable! Wonder whether one has that confidence in their voice when you meet them in person? Or one is just seen blabbering in crazy accents trying to remember what they really want to say v/s what one's actually saying, be it a joke or sher-o-shayari. People are barely even able to read a joke out loud for God's sake without making a fool of themselves.

I have a perfect sher for such a person.. but I canít remember. Iíll have to check and get back. Wait wait.
Old August 6th, 2018, 04:37 AM
be badass

MsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant futureMsShaanze has a brilliant future

Quote:
I have a perfect sher for such a person.. but I can’t remember. I’ll have to check and get back. Wait wait.
That's what he said.

Last edited by MsShaanze; August 6th, 2018 at 04:55 AM.
Old August 6th, 2018, 10:12 AM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

You are wrong about me. Many can vouch ....... When I talk the girls drop their panties.......

Then I apologize for bumping into them in Laundromat and carry on with my laundry....
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old August 6th, 2018, 12:23 PM
be badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty View Post
You are wrong about me. Many can vouch ....... When I talk the girls drop their panties.......

Then I apologize for bumping into them in Laundromat and carry on with my laundry....
WTH I stood here (reading your comment) in bewilderment for some time, wondering whether or not you slipped into the girl's womanhood as well tch tch. I was hoping you'd slip into her sexuality, her desire, her shame and loathing but instead of that I had to read about your withdrawal! Damn you

P.S. Btw, was it a leopard print panty? Have you come across any?? You know what they say about a woman who wears leopard print panty, right
Old August 6th, 2018, 01:28 PM
Senior eCharchan

28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You know what they say about a woman who wears leopard print panty, right
A Cougar?