eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old June 15th, 2018, 12:55 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation New challenege for ashdoc

Ashdoc,
I have said it before and I will say it now - Can you write two types of film reviews?

At that time you did not understand my somewhat backhanded compliment. I should have used simple language for simple minds

Have you realized that none of the standard review sites provide a quick short version.

You have developed a style of writing long reviews and many here enjoy it.

Now can you develop skills to condense your own content?
Old June 15th, 2018, 09:56 PM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New challenege for ashdoc

Veere di wedding

Four bold modern sassy female friends meet again reigniting memories of their school days . And even in those days they had been bold , wearing miniskirts to school and creating mayhem on the campus .

And why should not they be bold ? Their confidence and uninhibited behaviour is backed by real money which their families possess . Yeah , all of them belong to rich families and can do things which middle class girls can only dream of .

Kareena Kapoor is in a live in relationship with her boyfriend , but one day her boyfriend proposes to her and she is forced to accept because she doesn't want to hurt him . But she is not at all comfortable with the relatives of her boyfriend that she has to now adjust with as part of the impending marriage . She was happy with the live in relationship and cannot bear the overweening affection being poured on her by her in laws . Reason---she has not lived with a happy family as she comes from a broken home . As the marriage rituals are on and cause her increasing discomfort , she takes the excuse of her boyfriend making a snide remark at her to call off the marriage .

Sonam Kapoor is desperate to get married . She was in a major relationship with a boy since young age but that didn't work out . Now during the marriage of Kareena she tries to kiss a guy she wants to marry . But he shoos her off , and on the rebound she sleeps with a guy angling for her whose name even she does not know .

Sakshi Talsania has run off with her white lover to get married and has a kid with him whom she adores . But the kid and her increasing weight put brakes on her sex life . Her father has never forgiven her for her elopement with a white man and is not on talking terms with her though she wants to reconnect with him .

Swara Bhaskar is on course to get divorced from her husband with whom she has major issues . The highlight of the movie is her masturbation scene , in which she masturbates after a fight with her husband and he walks in just as she is reaching orgasm . She wears the most sexy clothes in the movie and has a reputation among the aunties in her neighbourhood .

These women go to Phuket to forget their troubles and have a whale of a time swimming and partying there . They wear exposing clothes and use swear words and discuss intimate details that women can discuss only with their closest buddies . But behind all the boldness they are vulnerable women in need to connect with the people they have left behind and the people they love . So do they ? Watch the movie for that....

All four women look good and dress even better . Acting is good too and colours and photography of the movie are nice . Songs and background music is a major plus point of the film and enjoyment of the film is enhanced by it . The movie is focused on the four girls and hence the actors chosen for playing their love interests are unknown actors . So the four actresses get to dominate the movie .

Beneath all the lack of inhibitions , all four are shown to be nice girls . If you go with an open mind not to get overly concerned by the boldness in the film like the masturbation scene , the movie is fun to be enjoyed and also to get sentimental as there are some emotions in the end .

Verdict---Good .

Three and a half stars out of five .
Old June 15th, 2018, 10:06 PM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Farzand ( marathi movie )

The year is probably 1673 . Shivaji maharaj is planning his coronation one year down the line . But he feels that he cannot coronate himself unless he captures the fort of Panhalgad which near Kolhapur . Reason---the fort leaves the security of his kingdom compromised in front of the threat from the forces of sultan Adilshah of Bijapur . Adilshah's troops are carrying off women from the region near the fort for purposes of filling their harems . If Shivaji cannot protect women in his kingdom then how can he call himself king ? So the fort needs to be taken .

The movie begins with the capture of another fort called Sinhgad by Tanaji Malusare who was a personal friend of Shivaji .He sacrifices his life in it's capture . Now it is one of his proteges called Kondaji Farzand who is called for the new task of capturing Panhalgad . Kondaji selects only 60 men for it's capture against a defence force of 2500 men guarding the fort . They scale a steep end of the walls of the fort which the Bijapuri forces had left lightly guarded and surprise the garrison . They create the illusion of a full fledged army and attack the Bijapuri forces . They are helped by their spy Bahirji Naik , who has already penetrated the fort by sexually enticing the commandant Beshak Khan by using a dancing girl called Kesar . Kesar murders Beshak Khan and thus the defendants lose their chief . But still the capture of the fort needs a prolonged fight .

The movie has great photography , especially of the Maratha forts . Colours of the film are good . Music is patriotically rousing . Acting however is theatrical and over dramatic . The actor playing Farzand ( Ankit Mohan ) looks like a body builder . Kesar ( Mrinmayee Deshpande ) looks mouthwatering and acts well in a feisty role . Sameer Darmadhikari as Beshak Khan is more of a caricature . Shivaji ( played by Chinmay Mandlekar ) is okayishly acted out . Mrinal Kulkarni acts Shivaji's mother Jijamata well , inspiring her soldiers with her speech and her conviction . Bahirji Naik is acted out by Prasad Oak and he is okay .

The movie will be appreciated by those with a yen for history , especially if it is packed with dramatic speeches and events full of war and action . Also nationalists will like the fact that the true colours of muslim soldiers are brought out ; they are shown carrying off hindu women for the purpose of dishonouring them . Thankfully , regional cinema is not under the influence of pseudosecularism and the mafia from Karachi that controls Bollywood .

Verdict--Okay .

Two and a half stars out of five .
Old June 18th, 2018, 05:17 AM
senior echarchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
Ashdoc,
I have said it before and I will say it now - Can you write two types of film reviews?

At that time you did not understand my somewhat backhanded compliment. I should have used simple language for simple minds

Have you realized that none of the standard review sites provide a quick short version.

You have developed a style of writing long reviews and many here enjoy it.

Now can you develop skills to condense your own content?
why don't you start a thread on the FIFA world cup rather than this ?
Old June 18th, 2018, 06:05 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
why don't you start a thread on the FIFA world cup rather than this ?
You are deflecting

I dont care a fuck about FIFA ... I may watch the finals. That's it.

So you accept the challenge or you want to back out?
Old June 19th, 2018, 01:31 AM
senior echarchan

Quote:
You are deflecting

I dont care a fuck about FIFA ... I may watch the finals. That's it.

So you accept the challenge or you want to back out?
As if I have all the time in the world to write two reviews.....

Because of you nobody is even commenting on my reviews .

I will have to start separate threads for them .

And why no watching football world cup along with not watching cricket ? Are football world cup matches fixed too ?

Last edited by ashdoc; June 19th, 2018 at 01:35 AM.
Old June 19th, 2018, 01:51 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

And why no watching football world cup along with not watching cricket ? Are football world cup matches fixed too ?
I will comment after a while. Right now my matrubhumi trip is proving quite hectic. I will be a de facto bachelor in July. Then you can hear from me. I will even provide a tldr and condensed reviews of awara.
Old June 19th, 2018, 12:49 PM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute

Somewhat relevant, I guess

Sent from my iPhone.
Old June 19th, 2018, 03:43 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:

So you cannot write a concise version of what you write yourself?

Okay you cannot. I am sorry I asked you thinking you are capable of it.

If one cannot think and write what one has to write and then summarize it, it means in real life also one cannot summarize one's throughts.

It is not a special skill but easily acuired with a little discipline in thought.

Great speakers, marketing professionals, business leaders have the ability to think not only in long prose form but also summarize their points into Talking Points. This way they can not only express themselves in depth but can also summarize their thoughts so that they leave a lasting impression.

I was trying to teach you something via a challenge. But unfortunately you only have the ability to take this as a personal offense. Your loss, not mine
Old June 25th, 2018, 06:30 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So you cannot write a concise version of what you write yourself?

Okay you cannot. I am sorry I asked you thinking you are capable of it.

If one cannot think and write what one has to write and then summarize it, it means in real life also one cannot summarize one's throughts.

It is not a special skill but easily acuired with a little discipline in thought.

Great speakers, marketing professionals, business leaders have the ability to think not only in long prose form but also summarize their points into Talking Points. This way they can not only express themselves in depth but can also summarize their thoughts so that they leave a lasting impression.

I was trying to teach you something via a challenge. But unfortunately you only have the ability to take this as a personal offense. Your loss, not mine

I reckon, what you mean by TLDR and what Ashdoc thinks you are asking him to write are two different things.

for a review, story is not a review, it needs to include bits about how the direction, photography, script etc etc is. point 1 - boy meets girl, point 2 they run away and get married because of parents opposition, does not quite capture whether I should spend my money to go watch the movie in a theatre... That way, you are asking Ashdoc to write two reviews.

who am I though

the reviews I like are like this

http://thevigilidiot.com/2012/06/05/rowdy-rathore/

although these are quite few...
Old June 26th, 2018, 03:48 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkk View Post
I reckon, what you mean by TLDR and what Ashdoc thinks you are asking him to write are two different things.

for a review, story is not a review, it needs to include bits about how the direction, photography, script etc etc is. point 1 - boy meets girl, point 2 they run away and get married because of parents opposition, does not quite capture whether I should spend my money to go watch the movie in a theatre... That way, you are asking Ashdoc to write two reviews.

who am I though

the reviews I like are like this

http://thevigilidiot.com/2012/06/05/rowdy-rathore/

although these are quite few...
Okay now in simple words
  • ashdoc writes excellent reviews which are verbose, long, wordy, lengthy.
  • By TL;DR it means that it was Too Long and so Didn't Read.
  • So when you look at the use of TL;DR, it means that there is a short summary of the long text.
  • Just to clarify further and to be very semantic and precise, I should have said 'Write a TL;DR version' which means write a short review for people who do not like to read long reviews.
Old June 27th, 2018, 07:13 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

To be frank, Ive never fully read any movie review over 3-4 sentences long. So yes, Im a fan of TL;DR
Old June 28th, 2018, 09:57 PM
Bhai Bolela hai

rationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond reputerationalthinker has a reputation beyond repute

I guess the really short revues would be to just give the rating/valuation :3,4 etc.. STARS!
Old June 29th, 2018, 12:58 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

Talking Re: New challenege for ashdoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalthinker View Post
I guess the really short revues would be to just give the rating/valuation :3,4 etc.. STARS!
No, there are short reviews on social media...

Go to imdb.com and see the PLOT SYNOPSIS section.

For example -
The IMDB site has the review of Mission Impossible - Part 4

Similalry Rotten Tomatoes, another popular site has the synopsis here

So I was challenging ashdoc, that can he write a brief review. A simple, short, to the point review.

Guess he cannot condense his thoughts
Old June 29th, 2018, 04:55 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

My own TLR notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
One sentence takes (or mottos) -

Dhoom 3 - Defaulters of the world, unite and rob

FALTU - for the Losers, of the losers by the keepers (who laughed their way from box office to their swiss banks)

Talaash - Chudail ka Badla.