eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Health

Notices

Health Discuss Health related topics...

Old September 10th, 2010, 04:53 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Scotch Drinkers

I visited JD distillery in Lynchburg, Tennessee last year.. amazing how they have only one distillery in the whole world.. and the way it was set up. Kinda must visit for all Jack Daniel's fans.
Old September 10th, 2010, 06:11 AM
Senior eCharchan

28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
I visited JD distillery in Lynchburg, Tennessee last year.. amazing how they have only one distillery in the whole world.. and the way it was set up. Kinda must visit for all Jack Daniel's fans.
Yes, I've been there. Really a must visit for JD fans. Also remember seeing REO Speedwagon Vehicle for the first time there. Till then, I used to think it was the name of an 80's Rock band ...
Old September 10th, 2010, 09:36 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkk View Post
I have had 1 question many times.
These drinks are matured over many many years. A typical average Glenfiddich is matured 12 years. If I am in manufacturing scotch business then, it means I have to predict what will be the consumption like after 12 years and accordingly process the liquor! Given the rate at which population and consumption has increased, I reckon it would have been very difficult to predict that this would be the demand in - say 90s or such and such year? Would people have had the forecasting abilities? If not, then in some of the bottles atleast, are we given duplicates/mix?
Scotch makers have known that they will have a steady demand with a few peaks and troughs once in a while. The fact that people remain loyal to certain brands is because the maker never compromises on quality. Also the makers have increased their batch size over the years anticipating future demand. Just visit Laphroaigh website, it has some very interesting facts. At one point, I wanted to visit their distillery and see how its all made.

As for liquor like Aristocrat, Diplomat, etc. which is sold off as whiskey, it has a very different process. The base material is nowhere close to actual whiskey making material. Its pure alcohol with added flavours and coloring agents to make it look and taste like whiskey. In Daman, there is a factory which manufactures Whiskey, Vodka and Rum. I have seen how they do it. They make the base alcohol on a mass scale and depending on what is to be bottled, they add colorings and flavouring agents. Such brands are cheaper to produce, dont require aging and are not really whiskey nor vodka nor rum. These are purely alcohol with added flavours and colors.
Old September 10th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Senior eCharchan

Premi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond repute

ADDING ICE

Adding ice to your favourite single malt Scotch whisky is such a shame. Putting ice in your whisky will only reduce the temperature of the whisky, freezing its aroma and the smell, and will only dull the taste of the whisky. Many people do add ice, if you are one of them why not try it without, we assure you it will be like drinking a different whisky.

from the same link tapasvi pai mentioned.
Old September 10th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
Scotch makers have known that they will have a steady demand with a few peaks and troughs once in a while. The fact that people remain loyal to certain brands is because the maker never compromises on quality. Also the makers have increased their batch size over the years anticipating future demand. Just visit Laphroaigh website, it has some very interesting facts. At one point, I wanted to visit their distillery and see how its all made.

As for liquor like Aristocrat, Diplomat, etc. which is sold off as whiskey, it has a very different process. The base material is nowhere close to actual whiskey making material. Its pure alcohol with added flavours and coloring agents to make it look and taste like whiskey. In Daman, there is a factory which manufactures Whiskey, Vodka and Rum. I have seen how they do it. They make the base alcohol on a mass scale and depending on what is to be bottled, they add colorings and flavouring agents. Such brands are cheaper to produce, dont require aging and are not really whiskey nor vodka nor rum. These are purely alcohol with added flavours and colors.

do visit a scotch distillery. they first manufacture beer and further distil it into scotch, unlike the manufacture alcohol and add flavours thing.

I am sure they would ahve tried to anticipate the demands of the future. What I cant understand is how can they get it so right? afterall, as the years have passed drinking has increased exponentially. the crux is that the demand did not increase steadily like in 60s, 70s and 80s...
Old September 10th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Senior eCharchan

razzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premi View Post
ADDING ICE

Adding ice to your favourite single malt Scotch whisky is such a shame. Putting ice in your whisky will only reduce the temperature of the whisky, freezing its aroma and the smell, and will only dull the taste of the whisky. Many people do add ice, if you are one of them why not try it without, we assure you it will be like drinking a different whisky.

from the same link tapasvi pai mentioned.
yes premi ji - adding a little mineral water is what seasoned khiladi's recommend as good scotches can and will overpower you if you drink neat.

also a little mineral water (not tap water as it tends to have chlorine) is supposed to release a lot of the flavor from the malt

i have heard that master blender's actually blend whisky by smell and not taste.. it seems to be amazing how they balance out the negatives during the blending process..
Old September 10th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty View Post
Lets leave this to fine scotches. Just heard in office Oban is a good one too. Vat 69 , I haven't seen this here.
You will find it in the cheaper whiskey section. I still have a 2-litre Vat 69 bottle that I bought for I think 8 dollars or something about 8 years back. Pretty aged by now

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old September 1st, 2011, 08:47 PM

badriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by badriprasad View Post
Production is automated and years of wait but harvesting must require dozens of temporary manual labor.

You guys are so sophisticated. I cannot even tell difference in taste between Scotch and Brendi. I once tried Vodka but it tasted like kerosine. I once tried Gin but it smelled like women selling fish. You guys are so sophisticated. Some give me heartburn is all I know about beer brands. I once bought a beer but it tasted like water. You guys are so sophisticated. I bet you guys wear branded clothes. I bet you guys apply Boss and Tommy something perfrumes. I buy small bottle of iter from Itterwalla. You guys are so sophisticated.
Even a woman like Rakhiji ... imagine ... a woman like Rakhiji enjoys good wine, hey Ram. I cannot even tell difference between wine and vinegar. You guys are so sophisticated. You guys admire women for beauty and charm. All I can appreciate is armpits. You guys are so sophisticated. You tolerate a unsophisticated member like me is no more a mystery ... I make you feel good about your sophistication ... yes?
Old September 1st, 2011, 11:08 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

There is an old proverb 'Gadha Kya Jaane Adrak Ka Swaad'
Old September 2nd, 2011, 12:54 AM
Bandook Singh

deshpremi has a reputation beyond reputedeshpremi has a reputation beyond reputedeshpremi has a reputation beyond reputedeshpremi has a reputation beyond reputedeshpremi has a reputation beyond reputedeshpremi has a reputation beyond reputedeshpremi has a reputation beyond reputedeshpremi has a reputation beyond reputedeshpremi has a reputation beyond reputedeshpremi has a reputation beyond reputedeshpremi has a reputation beyond repute

Laphroaig is good and peaty (peat gives the smokiness) but once you try Caol Ila or Ardbeg, yo will forget Laphroaig
Old September 2nd, 2011, 01:49 AM

badriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
There is an old proverb 'Gadha Kya Jaane Adrak Ka Swaad'
No. seriously. You won't have an idea of how privileged I am to be in honorable company of Aristocrats who can tell difference between Scotch and Whiskey. I cannot.

Now take this Noble Gentleman as an example ... I don't have a clue to Sire's language or what Sire is meaning to say. Not one word makes sense to me commoner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deshpremi View Post
Laphroaig is good and peaty (peat gives the smokiness) but once you try Caol Ila or Ardbeg, yo will forget Laphroaig

For sure these Honorable men dress impeccably like this ... so sophisticated.

Old September 2nd, 2011, 06:40 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by badriprasad View Post
Even a woman like Rakhiji ... imagine ... a woman like Rakhiji enjoys good wine, hey Ram. I cannot even tell difference between wine and vinegar. You guys are so sophisticated. You guys admire women for beauty and charm. All I can appreciate is armpits. You guys are so sophisticated. You tolerate a unsophisticated member like me is no more a mystery ... I make you feel good about your sophistication ... yes?
LOL ......many enjoy wine these days Badriji.
Old September 2nd, 2011, 06:51 AM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
LOL ......many enjoy wine these days Badriji.
I hope you are not enjoying wine .. "these days" .. Rakhi bai.
Old September 2nd, 2011, 08:00 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyfinger View Post
I hope you are not enjoying wine .. "these days" .. Rakhi bai.
Not even a sip Melly . Interestingly, I am not missing it. I really thought I would, considering I love wine.
Old September 2nd, 2011, 08:35 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
Not even a sip
Why not? There is no evidence that glass or two of wine on weekend does any harm. There is enough evidence to suggest that it may actually be beneficial after 4th month.

Needless to add ... you cannot empty several bottles of wine in one night like you used to when you were singel and enjoying bachelorhood. A glass or two is fine, if you can control your urges, Rakhiji. Of course your doctor is final authority and this is no time for you to attend Alcoholic Anonymous meetings, and you won't be able to for next few years. Glass or two if you can control yourself.