eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > Friday Special

Notices

Friday Special Tickle your funny bone...

Old May 3rd, 2006, 11:00 AM
We change, values don't

2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Origins of the sari: a theory

Talking of times of intimacy , unlike other garments which either completely conceal and need to be completely removed at some point or other, sarees offer just enough leverage piquing male curiosity and yet allowing the female to just allow her partner savour the gradually unfolding moments over long periods of foreplay. In fact it is prescribable to keep the saree on through out the whole duration of intimacy as it does not in any way interfere as other dresses would and has a great effect on enhancing the suprise factor!

Nothing can beat a soft cotton sari in summer or a smooth silk one in winter in preserving the sense of visual suprise yet allowing a lot for touch and feel.
Old May 3rd, 2006, 11:01 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhurandhar
Fools unwrap the gift completely to get access to what's in there...smart people unwrap only as much as needed to access the gift
Dhurnari pai, it is just what we are looking for... that we open. I prefer the entire girl completely naked so that I can bask in her beauty... whereas you are just looking for a hole

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old May 3rd, 2006, 11:07 AM
We change, values don't

2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less
I prefer the entire girl completely naked so that I can bask in her beauty
I disagree, there is much more beauty in a woman who is partially clad than one who is fully naked. Moreover being fully naked for some few moments or in darkness is fine but just persisting in nudity will just prove to numb ones mind and kills the pleasure in withholding and surprise.

Last edited by 2gud; May 3rd, 2006 at 11:10 AM.
Old May 3rd, 2006, 11:16 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2gud
I disagree, there is much more beauty in a woman who is partially clad than one who is fully naked. Moreover being fully naked for some few moments or in darkness is fine but just persisting in nudity will just prove to numb ones mind and kills the pleasure in withholding and surprise.
We are talking about unwrapping a gift, 2Goti pai... never talked about nude persistence

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old May 4th, 2006, 12:29 AM
Banned

Lovey is a splendid one to beholdLovey is a splendid one to beholdLovey is a splendid one to beholdLovey is a splendid one to beholdLovey is a splendid one to beholdLovey is a splendid one to behold

2gud the article above is an intentional benign plagiarism.

Reread it and identify the author from his writing styles.

I picked it up up on the net from some other side and as I was reading it I was saying to myself "voila gotcha , it's you and nobody else "

I immediately contacted the person on whom I had my doubts and got it confirmed that it was written by him ,an echarchan .

All I wanna say is when you have spend a considerable amount of time at ec and read somebody's posts a lot at echarcha , it becomes damn easy to pick him out from from a bunch of anonymous people , without accessing the IP logs .

Can you pinpoint the original author?
Old May 4th, 2006, 02:28 AM
We change, values don't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovey
2gud the article above is an intentional benign plagiarism.

Reread it and identify the author from his writing styles.

I picked it up up on the net from some other side and as I was reading it I was saying to myself "voila gotcha , it's you and nobody else "

I immediately contacted the person on whom I had my doubts and got it confirmed that it was written by him ,an echarchan .

All I wanna say is when you have spend a considerable amount of time at ec and read somebody's posts a lot at echarcha , it becomes damn easy to pick him out from from a bunch of anonymous people , without accessing the IP logs .

Can you pinpoint the original author?
Big-G! I can guess that by two things 1. self confession of being a virgin 2. usage of bellybutton (1, 2) which many people don't use so liberally and instead prefer navel and of course found a lot other traits in sentence formation.
Old March 26th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

a mind is a complex creature... especially a less sane mind

Old September 13th, 2018, 01:49 PM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post

That's when he struck gold... yards and yards of cloth wrapped around the body... it will take hours putting it on...Not Correct
will take hours taking it off Not correct
(in case of a quickie... and then hours again putting it back on... so quickies would practically be out of question) again not correct... THE SARI. He went about his work of designed something that will look marvelous to the eye but will hamper the frivolous flirtation of his wife. He presented his first SARI to his wife and told her that this is what is going to be the latest fashion trend. Little did he realize that thousands of years later his invention would still bind the entire women-folk of a nation

Once his wife started wearing the sari she realized that she no longer needed to be slim and smart-looking... on the contrary, she needs to work harder to look slimmer
as the sari did not care what it was covering ooooh it cares alright , i am yet to see a more sexy garment than a saree.
. She started hogging stuff and soon she became fat and corpulent... and men, who would never care about the clothes a woman wore, became disinterested in her as she gradually lost her beauty and elegance

When the husband realized what he had done, he just ran screaming into the jungles... never to be seen again... but it was too late... the latest trend had become a craze by then which never lost its power for years to come

Corollary: Fashion trends began in India
You are wrong on all points. theory fail. see above.
Old September 13th, 2018, 02:43 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty View Post
The word 'sari' is believed to derive from the Sanskrit word 'sati', which means strip of cloth. This evolved into the Prakrit 'sadi' and the sound later decayed into 'sari'.

Some versions of the history of Indian clothing trace the sari back to the Indus valley civilization, which flourished in 2800-1800 BCE. One ancient statue shows a man in a draped robe which some sari researchers believe to be a precursor of the sari.

Ancient Tamil poetry, such as the Silappadhikaram and the Kadambari by Banabhatta, describes women in exquisite drapery. This drapery is believed to be a sari. In the Natya Shastra (an ancient Indian treatise describing ancient dance and costumes), the navel of the Supreme Being is considered to be the source of life and creativity. Hence the stomach of the dancer is to be left unconcealed, which some take to indicate the wearing of a sari.
Odissi dancer wearing a fishtail wrap.
Enlarge
Odissi dancer wearing a fishtail wrap.

Some costume historians believe that the men's dhoti, which is the oldest Indian draped garment, is the forerunner of the sari. They say that until the 14th century, the dhoti was worn by both men and women.

Sculptures from the Gandhara, Mathura and Gupta schools (1st-6th century CE) show goddesses and dancers wearing what appears to be a dhoti wrap, in the "fishtail" version which covers the legs loosely and then flows into a long, decorative drape in front of the legs [1]. No bodices are shown.

Other sources say that everyday costume consisted of a dhoti or lungi (sarong), combined with a breast band and a veil or wrap that could be used to cover the upper body or head. Some argue that the two-piece Kerala mundum neryathum (mundu in malayalam is the same as dhoti or sarong and neryath means a cloth to cover the upper body similar to a shawl) is a survival of ancient Indian clothing styles, and that the one-piece sari is a modern innovation, created by combining the two pieces of the mundum neryathum.

It is generally accepted that wrapped sari-like garments, shawls, and veils have been worn by Indian women for a long time, and that they have been worn in their current form for hundreds of years.

One point of particular controversy is the history of the choli, or sari blouse, and the petticoat. Some researchers state that these were unknown before the British arrived in India, and that they were introduced to satisfy British ideas of modesty. Previously, women only wore the one, draped cloth and casually exposed the upper body and breasts. Other historians point to much textual and artistic evidence for various forms of breastband and upper-body shawl.

It is possible that the researchers arguing for a recent origin for the choli and the petticoat are extrapolating from South India, where it is indeed documented that in some areas, women wore only the sari and exposed the upper part of the body. Poetic references from works like Shilappadikaram indicate that during the sangam period in ancient South India, a single piece of clothing served as both lower garment and head covering, leaving the bosom and midriff completely uncovered. In Kerala there are many references to women being topless, including many pitcures by Raja Ravi Varma. Even today, women in some rural areas do not wear cholis.
When the fuck did I write this shit ?? Sari is also when a south Indian is very apologetic........

I yum really Sari sir.......
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old September 13th, 2018, 06:44 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty View Post
When the fuck did I write this shit ?? Sari is also when a south Indian is very apologetic........

I yum really Sari sir.......
I think you copy pasted under influence..
Old September 17th, 2018, 03:14 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
You are wrong on all points. theory fail. see above.
Your points were already made by Lovatodasari tai... and promptly refuted. This refutation was accepted by the world by and large. Please present some new arguments and don't dig up the same points again and again