eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Science and Technology > Computing

Notices

Computing All things binary...

Old April 11th, 2010, 11:09 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Son sues mother for 'hacking' Facebook account

What has social networking come to? This is pathetic. As it is I dont like social networks because unbeknown to its users, these social networks sell the data to third parties, there is no privacy and its all a mess.

Some echarchans, some friends and some family members send me stupid Facebook invites to join. I have not responded because I just dont like any social networks. I prefer email and echarcha.

Quote:
Son sues mother for 'hacking' Facebook account

SAN FRANCISCO: A 16-year-old boy from Arkansas is suing his mother for harassment, claiming that she hacked his Facebook account and posted slanderous remarks, according to Arkansas TV station KATV Thursday.

The mother, Denise New, denied the charges, claiming that her son left his Facebook page open on her computer and that she was entitled to take over his account because he had posted incriminating information on his Facebook page.

According to the boy, who was not named because he is a minor, his mother hacked into his Facebook and email accounts, then changed both passwords so he could no longer access them. She also allegedly posted remarks that involved slander and information about his personal life.

According to the report, the mother was upset about a post that suggested he had driven home one night at 95 mph (152 kph) because he had been upset with a girl. She plans to fight the charges, as she believes she was fully within her legal rights as a parent to monitor her son's online behaviour.

"Oh yeah, I'm going to fight it. If I have to go even higher up, I'm going to. I'm not gonna let this rest. I think this could be a precedent-setting moment for parents," she told KATV-TV. "You're within your legal rights to monitor your child and to have a conversation with your child on Facebook whether it's his account, or your account or whoever's account."

A hearing is reportedly set for May 12.

LINK
Old April 12th, 2010, 07:35 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Son sues mother for 'hacking' Facebook account

arre cha bhau, is this something new? idhar ke logo ke liye aisa behavior normal hai yarr... I had read of incidents of children reporting their parents to the police because they smacked them... this one is not too different.
Old April 12th, 2010, 08:06 AM
Junior eCharchan

Bhukkad is a splendid one to beholdBhukkad is a splendid one to beholdBhukkad is a splendid one to beholdBhukkad is a splendid one to beholdBhukkad is a splendid one to beholdBhukkad is a splendid one to behold

America today, India tomorrow, maybe. Or maybe another argument for those wanting to return to India.
Old April 12th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Life is BEAUtiful

sunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond reputesunnykode has a reputation beyond repute

This happens only in America
Fight with parents over facebook account. All I wonder is how will he face her mom later on? Is he independent enough to leave the house and manage alone? (read he is 17)

Old April 12th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Senior eCharchan

krantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
What has social networking come to? This is pathetic. As it is I dont like social networks because unbeknown to its users, these social networks sell the data to third parties, there is no privacy and its all a mess.

Some echarchans, some friends and some family members send me stupid Facebook invites to join. I have not responded because I just dont like any social networks. I prefer email and echarcha.
I agree. Facebook, Orkut etc. are a mess. Although I have accounts, I do not do much about it. I sometimes become a fan of Amitabh, sometimes of Leonardo da Vinci... keep doing this kind of stuff. Occasionally I comment on other's pic as 'Very nice'. Sometimes I wish them anniversary and Congratulate on new baby. That's about it. Nothing controversial about it.