eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old April 21st, 2005, 01:35 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Waiting in line for Star Wars Episode 3 - what a waste of time!

On our local rock radio station, there is a daily chat with a guy who has been waiting in line since th elast month or more for tickets to the first show of Star Wars - Episode 3 - Revenge of the Sith. This guy has been in line since 60 days before the movie opens.

Then I heard some local news stories about how many people are lining up in front of theaters for tickets so many days in advance.

It really amazes me that all these folks have so much free time to stand in line for some movie which is days away from opening? Is it not a waste of human resources? I am sure that most of these morons are surely sucking dry the welfare system. No need to work, just stand in line and suck off the welfare gravy train while the rest of us work and pay taxes and make Social Security contributions.

Have you got such 'great' folks in your area?
Old April 22nd, 2005, 09:13 AM
the Centre Right Indian!

rameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Waiting in line for Star Wars Episode 3 - what a waste of time!

just like those idiots in india esp hyd, whenever a chiru movie opens these guys fight for tickets. i still remmeber, 3 of those idiots lost their lives when there was roit as soon as the ticket counter opened for the movie 'Tagore' starring chiru. it sucks. losing life over a silly movie!!! dont these people have a sense of time and respect and value for life?

Captain R Harshan
Ashok Chakra, 2 PARA SF,
Indian Army.
Old April 22nd, 2005, 11:29 AM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha
On our local rock radio station, there is a daily chat with a guy who has been waiting in line since th elast month or more for tickets to the first show of Star Wars - Episode 3 - Revenge of the Sith. This guy has been in line since 60 days before the movie opens.

Then I heard some local news stories about how many people are lining up in front of theaters for tickets so many days in advance.

It really amazes me that all these folks have so much free time to stand in line for some movie which is days away from opening? Is it not a waste of human resources? I am sure that most of these morons are surely sucking dry the welfare system. No need to work, just stand in line and suck off the welfare gravy train while the rest of us work and pay taxes and make Social Security contributions.

Have you got such 'great' folks in your area?
So you mean to say these guys do not pay their taxes??
Old April 22nd, 2005, 11:39 AM
Banned

TerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean
So you mean to say these guys do not pay their taxes??
They do file for taxes Naps, however only to get money (Refunds) in the form of various Deductions and Claims/Tax Benefits.
Haven't you come across a Mom in the mall/superstore trying to manage her chunnu munnu (s) ? - one is crying , one is walking holding her hand, one is demanding food, one is lagging behind, etc. And if one of them is physically/mentally disabled or challenged, then the Mom/Custodial Parent is all set, she/he gets extra benefits for such kid.
I can understand that Folks have to stand in a line a night or two before in line for tickets into a Wimbledon match, however standing in a line for a movie which will run for weeks after it comes to the theater, seems really stupid !
Old May 18th, 2005, 10:36 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Waiting in line for Star Wars Episode 3 - what a waste of time!

Many Silicon Valley companies have booked tickets for special screenings or first day shows for their employees.

Our company has not done that but my team is trying to get tickets for next week. I really dont understand the mania behind Star Wars? Is it because I grew up watching Ramayan and Mahabharat where there were good guys and bad guys and a message about life in general. Maybe the folks here have no such epic sagas with good and bad guys and so find Star Wars so cool. I think Lord of the Rings also falls in the same category.

I dont know if I will enjoy this movie. To be honest, I have not seen a single episode till date! Really! I have just seen about 20 minutes or so of some episode which had Harrison Ford driving some space ship looking bus type thing. I will be joining my team as its a team event. I would have preferred to see Unleashed which is a Mithun movie remake starring Jet Li

But I have seen SpaceBalls which was Mel Brooke's classic parody of Star Wars. SpaceBalls is a riot! Watch it if you can.
Old May 19th, 2005, 06:55 AM
Axecuse Me?

dawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud of

I aint seen any either But plan to catch up on it real soon. As a matter of fact, I too saw a very small bit of what was coming on TV once with Harrison Ford going with Luke Skywalker into Darth Vaders territory....or something like it And YES, Spaceballs is truly a classic !!
Old May 19th, 2005, 01:21 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute

You don’t feel the same way ... perhps cause this movie is not of your generation. I think we can appreciate all this hype and excitement. Some people have waited for three decades to this conclusion. My first Stars Wars movie was sometime in 1978 in New Empire. I enjoyed the movie except could not follow the english or accent, even though I was already studying in Mumbai. Now I don’t like simply cause too elaborate special effects. Give me Babhubhai Mistry’s "pecial effects" anytime. I used to skip school to watch his “pecial effect” movies … which mostly played matinee shows ... all over third klass Mumbai theatres.

"Phantom, the movie" did the same for me. One month before release, I was calling up everyone in my phone book trying to get hold of tickets to special screening which was only couple of days before public release.

I could not sleep night before the movie ... excited ... real excited. Finally a chance to watch on big screen ... my childhood hero and his dog, and his horse, and his skull cave, and his treasures, and his throne, and his bandars, and his two rings, and his riding in plane with his dog (this is a fox, not a dog, show me where it says in your rule book that foxes are not allowed to ride on a plane) and his girl friend. Movie left me disappointed, dejected, devastated!

Yeh. I think ... we can appreciate thousand of weirdos lining outside the theatres to watch their favorite heroes!
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old May 19th, 2005, 04:46 PM
Senior eCharchan

desichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant futuredesichacha has a brilliant future

charcha pai ..
it is just way u are brought up...
there are people who lived their childhood on a staple diet of douglas adams, star wars, stephen king etc etc... as well as other stuff...

that is how a geek grows up in USA...that is why the excitement....

won;t u be excited on some sequel of Sholay or any other ghati movie u grew up on ....

let us not try to understand and analyze everything

Checkout where I and Randheer and few others blog - http://www.4octave.com
Old May 19th, 2005, 04:46 PM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

Final 'Star Wars' film leaked to Web

Link: http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/interne...eut/index.html

bole toh fillum release hi nahi hui aur public fulltoo downloading
Old June 8th, 2005, 09:54 AM
the Centre Right Indian!

rameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a comedy video about these losers (waiting in the queue for star wars)
11 mins of amazing comedy. dont miss this. this is freaking hilarous.

http://gamefiles.blueyonder.co.uk/bl...WARS.NERDS.wmv

the ending really ROFL when the guy in star trek costume shows up and shows a finger to these star wars fans.

Captain R Harshan
Ashok Chakra, 2 PARA SF,
Indian Army.
Old June 8th, 2005, 10:31 AM
Banned

TerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshp
Here's a comedy video about these losers (waiting in the queue for star wars)
Nice.
There is a "NO PARKING Star War Fans only" Sign lol.