eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Taaza Khabar - Current news

Notices

Taaza Khabar - Current news Discuss the latest news making waves...

Old September 11th, 2001, 11:40 AM
Simple Indian Muslim

videsee is just really nicevidesee is just really nicevidesee is just really nicevidesee is just really nicevidesee is just really nice
The attack on the Pentagon appeared to take place on the Army side of the building, said retired Gen. Wesley Clark, former supreme commander of NATO.

"We've known for some time that some group has been planning" such an assault, he told CNN, adding that "obviously, we didn't do enough" to prepare for one.

The FBI suspects the events in New York and Washington are part of an organized terrorist campaign, a senior government official said.

Authorities immediately began deploying troops, including a regiment of light infantry, in Washington.

Mark Twain
Old September 11th, 2001, 11:47 AM
Third Echelon

padhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to all
safe but tired

After spending 2 hrs in a grid lock at Constitution Avenue......all i can say it that all is fine.

Went in the morning to meet a client at K street when news started pouring in.

First thaught that it was just a mountain out of a mole hill...untill i put on the radio and sat in my car...and the first things that came to my mouth was Oh ****!..not again.

Last time i was closer to the bomb blasts was when i was in bombay and we had the bomb blasts....i was walking towards the Air India building from the LIC building and heard an explosion and just rocked me off the ground......comign out it was like a war zone out there.

The view in DC was less horrific except for the traffic for everyone was asked to evacuate . Phone calls from office couldnt get through for all circuits were busy. Smoke could be seen belowing in the skyline from behind the National Monument...and i knew that this was bad.

Finally my sister from dubai got through to me, and she was like hysterical and wondered if everything was ok. Sitting in the car and ponding over thoughts I realized man, if it was two weeks ago on the long weekend, i would have been toast, for we took some friends to the observatory of the WTC in NY.

Finally after reaching the office and seeign the devastation.......all i can say is that God, may al those who lost their lives, may their souls rest in peace.

And to you guys who commited this act........."You guys are going to go down for this.....you are going to be hunted and fried"
Old September 11th, 2001, 11:50 AM
Chosen One

DesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Super Girl
I really hope they do...

I also hope US realizes what India has been hinting at all this time.

coudnt agree more
Old September 11th, 2001, 11:53 AM
Banned

karuna is on a distinguished road
Very sad about the developments.

More sad because the word 'Middle East' is heard in the reportings.

For Indians it is as big a tragedy as Gujarat Earth Quake.
Old September 11th, 2001, 11:53 AM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Super Girl
I really hope they do...

I also hope US realizes what India has been hinting at all this time.

This is the only positive thing coming out of this......
Old September 11th, 2001, 11:55 AM
Simple Indian Muslim

videsee is just really nicevidesee is just really nicevidesee is just really nicevidesee is just really nicevidesee is just really nice
From abcnews messge board

Is anyone else furious? 11:52AM PDT, Sep 11, 2001

I am utterly dismayed and disgusted with the total lack of outrage expressed by the news media and by our president (he doesn't deserve a capital "P"). We've lost more people in these incidents than we did at Pearl Harbour. A different kind of President was able to galvanize public opinion with a speech that characterized Dec 6, 1941 as a day that would "live in infamy". We have heard that so much that it sounds trite but have we also lost the ability to rise up as one people and present a fearful visage to our enemies? Every state that protects or encourages or finances terrorists should feel the full weight of our outrage. Bombs should fall, all over the middle east, bank accounts of all enemy states should be seized, all trade should cease. Ports should be blockaded. Ambassadors to the UN should hear a special address demanding that all hostile actions including declarations of "holy war" against the United States will cease or we will cause them to cease by destroying their ability to make such statements. It's time for the world to truly feel the wrath of the American people. We should coldly warn Russia and China that interferrence will not be tolerated. This in not a time to say "Please" as we did to get our spy plane back from China. We are being targeted partly because we are seen as cowards who will take any abuse without striking back. ARE WE COWARDS? WILL WE JUST SAY "PLEASE" HELP US FIND THOSE RESPONSIBLE? Have we found and punished those who planned the attack on the USS Cole?

Mark Twain
Old September 11th, 2001, 12:05 PM
eCharchan

Spartan is on a distinguished road
Unhappy what is date today?

Some has sick sense of humour...Did any of u guys what is the date today? It is 9 /11 = 911

I also do have one friend who works in WTC .. Praying for his safety...
Old September 11th, 2001, 12:09 PM
Third Echelon

padhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to all

videsse the problem that we have is having a wimp for a president.

his speech was less than 2 minutes, and all he could say was that we will hunt you down. It should have been a statement of an all out war.

Some people in my office were joking and saying that his speech is like saying "wheres my dad".

If this is his attitude, then this is not the last terrorist strike that we are gonna see, for they are gonna take us for granted.

I feel sad for the people who lost their lifes for US knew that this was goign to happen one day......i clearly blame the US Govt for this.....

They always turned a blind eye to terrorism insuinuating that as long as it does not hurt us , we will not do anything....now Mr. Prseident....these gusy have come and kicked you right in your balls.....what are you goona do now....stand up and kick them back with every ****in arsenal that you have or just give ball talk about tolerance.
Old September 11th, 2001, 12:11 PM
Senior Echarchan

Super Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of light
I agre, Padhu!

he is an out and out moron.

Glad you are safe and sound too.
------------------------------------------------
A Proud Indian American
Junior eCharchan

BawaNo1 is on a distinguished road
my friends okay

have two friends there - huz & wife - both work in the WTC - dont know which, but they are in different offices.

Just received confirmation SMS that they are okay - seems they dont go to work that early.... also seems all lines are blocked (or clogged)...
Junior eCharchan

Satyam is a glorious beacon of lightSatyam is a glorious beacon of lightSatyam is a glorious beacon of lightSatyam is a glorious beacon of lightSatyam is a glorious beacon of light
Namaste to all
We here in India are absolutely horrified as to what happenned in New York and Washington. I immediately prayed for the well being of effected people. May God give them the courage to withstand this ghastly and cowardly act of most blatant inhuman terrorism for which I dont have adequate words after what I saw in Star News just now. May God give courage to America and Americans to come out of this enormous human tragedy and punish the cowardly culprits whoever and whereever they are.

For the peace of people died in this attack : Om Om Om
Old September 11th, 2001, 12:16 PM
Senior Echarchan

Super Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of light
Just talked to one of aunts in NJ -

Their company's president was aboard the plane that flew into WTC. All gone..............
A Proud Indian American
Old September 11th, 2001, 12:17 PM
Simple Indian Muslim

Re: reply

Quote:
Originally posted by padhu
videsse the problem that we have is having a wimp for a president.

his speech was less than 2 minutes, and all he could say was that we will hunt you down. It should have been a statement of an all out war.

Some people in my office were joking and saying that his speech is like saying "wheres my dad".

If this is his attitude, then this is not the last terrorist strike that we are gonna see, for they are gonna take us for granted.

I feel sad for the people who lost their lifes for US knew that this was goign to happen one day......i clearly blame the US Govt for this.....

They always turned a blind eye to terrorism insuinuating that as long as it does not hurt us , we will not do anything....now Mr. Prseident....these gusy have come and kicked you right in your balls.....what are you goona do now....stand up and kick them back with every ****in arsenal that you have or just give ball talk about tolerance.

I heard his FIRSt statement:
Bush's statement

'We will catch those FOLKS who did this'!!!! *Groan*

folks????????

Mark Twain
Old September 11th, 2001, 12:20 PM
Senior Echarchan

there was small typo in one of my posts, my oversight -

it should havre read................

I do hope US will beat the f*cking shit outta the perpetrators. Because if they are not taught a lesson now, I don't think they ever will be.
A Proud Indian American
Old September 11th, 2001, 12:39 PM
loin.....loin cloth

laal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to beholdlaal_langot is a splendid one to behold
People give the dude a chance.....he is yet to make a full fledged
statement...he was just taken off Air Force One to make a statement and to confirm that the president wasnt affected....as yet there havent been any firm fingers pointed to wether its hamas and party...Islamci jehad Inc. or some other fly by night impressario....some very good statements were made by Holbrooke and Berger about how there needed to be a pragmatic non emotional approach to the situation.....I agree that people like Supari ben and Padhu Bawa will say YEAH RIGHT....but the thing is this is international policy.....the US can pulverise whosoever it targets tomorrow but they have to first assign responsibility in a prudent manner before they make the move otherwise they risk international condemnation from the so called NON ALIGNED nations of the world....

I have seen celebrations where I am right now with candy being distributed and victory being claimed so there certainly is a link round here somewhere....lets wait for the FBI to find it....eaiser to sy the US should do this and that and beat the ****ing daylight outta all those responsible but who are they and how do you go about beating the above mentioned outta them??