eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Indian Politics

Notices

Indian Politics Our national time-pass!

Old August 9th, 2000, 11:16 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down

The passage of the State (Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh) Reorganisation Bills in the Lok Sabha last week will not only redraw the map of India - Chhattisgarh, Uttaranchal and Jharkhand will now become the 26th, 27th and 28th states of the Union.

Hmm.. this will be fun and frolic to the many so called "leaders" of our country. Maybe there was a need to form smaller states, but look at it now - more ministers, more MLAs, more Vidhan Sabhas, more staff and more of everything!

So now more people will get an "opportunity" to taste the fruits of power! We will soon have so many more bureaucrats, ministers, their bungalows and... the list sis endless. There will be newer demands and reservations for the different castes in these new states. Many new parties will spring up now; And elections will be a year round activity - in one or the other state.

Maybe I dont understand the full gravity of the situation or the need for newer states, but I am sure that pretty soon we will have every local politician asking for a new state. After all who does not want to be the Chief Minister or some MLA or atleast a municipal corporator?

Well, if newer states are the in-thing, then I want a separate Mumbai state! I too want to be a minister..