eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Indian Politics

Notices

Indian Politics Our national time-pass!

Old July 31st, 2000, 09:51 PM
Senior eCharchan

krantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond repute
I cannot go to Kashmir and buy land and live there. I cannot use my driving license which is valid through out India in kashmir. I won't be given the ration card. What do you mean by that? I am an Indian. You keep on claiming "Kashmir is an integral part of India". Why am I denied these fundamental rights?

All this is because of the Autonomy granted to Kashmir. And they want more? They want that their sons/daughters can come to any part of India and enjoy the facilities of higher education and can buy land in any part of the country.. enjoy all the rights enjoyed by the citizen of India. And in the end, all it means is.. CM of Kashmir is the King of Kashmir.

COME ON ... WHAT THE FK IS HAPPENING ??!!?!
Balls to Autonomy. Treat Kashmir as any other Indian state. If you give special treatment to Kashmir, the naxalites of other states will be encouraged.

[Edited by krantikari on 08-01-2000 at 06:48 AM]
Old August 1st, 2000, 04:32 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Nehru was only a dreamer not a visionary

Sadly, looking at events in Kashmir and the overall state of India, I can re-assert my beliefs that Nehru was just a dreamer not a visionary!

The Kashmir situation is due to lack of vision and political guts on Nehru's part. He did not have the administrative acumen and political savvy like that of Sardar Vallabhai Patel. Sardar Patel, took over the Nizam's province - which is now Hyderabad and AP - in such a way that we have no problems with Andhra like we have in Kashmir.

I strongly feel that Nehru made a fool of the Indian people by granting special status to Kashmir. What the heck was so special about Kashmir during Independence that it had to be given such special status?

It is sad that Kashmir could never grow beyond a tourist spot after Independence. All the stupid laws preventing Indians from settling in Kashmir have been the undoing of the economy and growth of Kashmir.

Okay, Nehru made a mistake - but what happened after him? Did the successive Prime Ministers and Cabinets do anything? Nada, nil, zilch...nothing!!!

How pathetic, that we Indians cannot go to Kashmir and start our business or lives there. Now it is just impossible as you never know when a terrorist activity will strike you down.

So what is the Kashmir solution? The problem is complex and not so complex also at the same time. After Kargil, Pakistan is very actively involved - so we have one more variable to the equation. We have let a small boil fester into a big pus-oozing sore which needs surgery big time! I cannot give you a simple answer. Its become a big headache now and it will take a concentrated political and social effort to solve.

Give autnomy to Ksahmir? What exactly do they - the Kashmiri gang of terrorists and Chief Minister Abdullah and all others - mean by autonomy? Do they want to set up borders within India? Do they want to allow entry only by special visa? Do they want to have their own flag?

What do they really want? I think, autonomy is a polite word they are using. What the rascals in Kashmir want is a separate country! Total secession!!
Allow that and every small village will ask for separate statehood and we will soon have 1000 states within India!

Autonomy for state governments with minimal yet supervisory control of the Federal government is best for progress of each state. Every state will then have a choice about how to spend the tax revenue it generated, on the state's development and progress.

There are many advantages to let state governments have more autonomy, especially where revenue allocation is concerned. For example, Maharahstra earns a lot of revenue on its own (and the people here work for it). But it has to give away its earnings so that some half baked ideas can be implemented in 'bandit land' Bihar in the name of central government and policies.

Many states in India perform better financially but have to dole out money for helping other poorer states. Its not a bad thing to support other states; but what about states that never want to improve on their own?

Like West Bengal.. Calcutta used to have severe power shortage. So the industry started leaving, and as a result they now have surplus power. They claim that they are now a electricity rich state... who are they kidding? Industry left and now all that you have is electricty as is it is not being used.

What about Andhra?? Andhra CM Chandra Babu Naidu wants to make Hyderabad the Silicon Valey of India. But when it comes to building a international airport, there is still chaos! Is it due to lack of autonomy or lack of will on the Andhra government? I dont think the Central govt. is putting the spanner in the works. {Please correct me if I am wrong as in India any body can do anything - "sub chalta hain" }

Though autonomy is a good idea and can be successfully applied, it is still not meant for India at this time. This is because, Indian politics has not yet matured beyond local stupid issue and religion based politics. No politician is mature enough to look at autonomy in a objective manner. So autonomy for now is not a good idea! Especially in Kashmir...

Autonomy requires a visionary - with the political strength and will to fulfill it - not just a dreamer!