eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old September 16th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Hyderabad Wala !!!!

BABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why I Hate Gultis - Reddy's

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmthaLal View Post
Yeah, But how will you prove if he do not fake the length of experience, but just the experience.

And I beg to differ on "references". These days all major companies do not ask for references. All they do is verify the employment. Because reference can become a weapon of either a lawsuit or murder.

Say a candidate is smart but did not had good terms with previous boss and that boss gives shitty reference, and do not get the job. He might do "Postal thing". And if he is dumb-ass but good ass kisser and boss gives good reference then he ends up being fired.

I would never give professional reference, unless I very well know that person ONLY.
Amtha, you cannot for sure say that this guy has so and so exp. Atleast u get a decent idea of how many years have passed after he has graduated(this would only work for MEN, with females i would not take this into consideration).
Normally(atleast in 90-95% of cases) indicates work exp.

The main problem is with people who donot have any exp so as to speak but put 6-7 years of exp on resume, BTW i never had any problem with a consultant adding some small technologies here and there just to make sure he gets the interview(people who have real exp would not have any trouble picking up on any tools or frameworks or any new technologies).
An oft quoted Gandhian phrase is that if all were to follow an eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth, then the world would go blind. The counter to that is that if only some follow this and others don't then it is the non-violent who would go blind while the rogues will rule the world.
Old September 16th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

He came through a vendor . Jab vendor ko confornt kiya to bola " Sorry sir we took him from someone else". I know those guys are not bad but I said " I dont care where you got him from but you should have been dilligent". Vo bhi second chance maang rahe hain but I already interviewd another back up candidate. this guy was local so I said you need to come in for face to face.
Yaar I know my domain. forget degrees , diploma, fake resume and experiance. If I talk to a guy for 10 mins , I can strip him naked and have sex with him.
Now, the problem with hiring consultants on short notice is you want someone to come in and do the job. Ref. check, degree check - no time for that.
I did get lot og Beefed up resume but I was able to weed those out. But poora ka poora banda change kar dena.
Never exp. this first hand.
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old September 16th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABU_HYDERABADI View Post
Amtha the problem is the with the people not wanting to waste time chasing these sort of people.
When i work on master agreement before getting these guys on board with the client, I make sure i add a clause which specifically mentions that all the information including resumes are correct and any error in any of the information provided would be a breach of the agreement(in which case they are liable for any damages to our company's reputation/clients property).
Once we wanted to take a consulting firm for doing the same to us, the client(a NY state dept which we had done quite an amount of business with) was pi$$ed off and after that we did not get any business from them, our lawyer advised against going after these guys(saying we would not make much money and that it would be waste of time/money)
I think this is common practice followed, when you are hired by any company. I am not sure if its still done or not. But I had to sign papers everytime I got hired. Not only that, when they lay you off, makes you sign certain documents too.
Old September 16th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Banned

iamsecular can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2gud View Post
Arey yaar, tune gult bola toh mein immediately samajh gaya ki imposting ki baat ho rahi hai... am I surprised? I always insist for a face to face, not just wrt to gults but anyone... but it is the gults who are caught most... I am gult and I feel ashamed to acknowledge what goes on with all those hyderabadi resumes...

gimme some reps for guessing right!
I hope you didnt give the interview for that person. You seemed to be kafi polished person for a gult.
Old September 16th, 2008, 03:57 PM
the Centre Right Indian!

rameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: Why I Hate Gultis - Reddy's

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABU_HYDERABADI View Post
Amtha the problem is the with the people not wanting to waste time chasing these sort of people.
When i work on master agreement before getting these guys on board with the client, I make sure i add a clause which specifically mentions that all the information including resumes are correct and any error in any of the information provided would be a breach of the agreement(in which case they are liable for any damages to our company's reputation/clients property).
Once we wanted to take a consulting firm for doing the same to us, the client(a NY state dept which we had done quite an amount of business with) was pi$$ed off and after that we did not get any business from them, our lawyer advised against going after these guys(saying we would not make much money and that it would be waste of time/money)
as your lawyer said, neither will you get any money nor will any of these aholes pay for damages!

here is how such candidates come up:

they pass out from some faltu engg college in India - AP, TN and Karnataka has quite a few of these 'Engineering' colleges which are worse than high schools esp. faculty and infrastructure-wise - you can thank all those politicians including Chandrababu Naidu for approving such colleges (ofcourse they net about 2-3 crores per college). So these pass-outs, yes literally, they are pass-outs - they get about 50-60% aggregate at the end of 4yrs (do you know that they have exam guides for engineering now?), want a job in US. H-1 is too difficult besides you need to spend time in an Indian company for them to send you here. So, easy way out is MS, so give GRE which is not really a measure of a student's technical knowledge anyway! apply to some 3rd grade city university or sometimes good universities too which have some third grade mechanical or civil engg departments. once here, copy assignments, cheat in exams to pass through courses. ofcourse, given that we are taking about thrid-grade mechanical dept, the profs dont really mind the 'cheating'. now, once they complete the courses, they join some consultancy, train for 2months on SAP or Oracle or Java, build a resume that says they have 5yrs of experience in that field and obvioulsy, there are bakras like dirty who are fooled by these aholes! so what if dirty fires this ahole now, he will dupe another company.

Captain R Harshan
Ashok Chakra, 2 PARA SF,
Indian Army.

Last edited by rameshp; September 16th, 2008 at 04:04 PM.
Old September 16th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsecular View Post
I hope you didnt give the interview for that person. You seemed to be kafi polished person for a gult.
hahahaha.....
prabhu aap great ho.....

Old September 16th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMan View Post
Take it easy bud, I was just making a point and the key word here is 'probably'. The bolded part, I used to think the same but not anymore. And as far as Mirchi is concerned, you tell me you have a smelly finger

Nahin bey, I was only posting what has worked for me. In our situation, it doesnt matter if 10 good candidates slip through our hands. But we cant afford to hire even one bad one. Thats why, in my case, the risk is more important than the reward. So I go to the apple tree that has the lowest risk of rotten apples.

There is a reason why - be it US or India - the good companies always go to the good colleges first. Does this mean that their best candidate is not at some other univ - NO!! But it does mean that they have a lower probability of hiring a bad one, spending all the money on training him/her, and being unhappy with the end result.

Its a simple filter that generally applies well to candidates from India. You want good quality, you can go anywhere. You want to avoid bad quality, stay with the reputed educational institutions.
Old September 16th, 2008, 04:02 PM
the Centre Right Indian!

rameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsecular View Post
and you are obviously a paki madrch*d! now, go back to your goat. its dying for ur attention!

Captain R Harshan
Ashok Chakra, 2 PARA SF,
Indian Army.
Old September 16th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

RameshP leave him bhai...he is the comic relief of this site...and for a change someone is supporting bihari/upiites ...
isse yaad aaya...where is Nepali pai... kidhar ho mere bihari bhai...morcha kamjor hai...saala thakre phir bhaunk raha hai...thoda support wupport do yaar..
lagta hai bihar chale gaye...aur baadhwa mein phans gaye hain....kono chatwa se noodles catch kar rahe honge..

Old September 16th, 2008, 04:11 PM
the Centre Right Indian!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitrala View Post
RameshP leave him bhai...he is the comic relief of this site...and for a change someone is supporting bihari/upiites ...
isse yaad aaya...where is Nepali pai... kidhar ho mere bihari bhai...morcha kamjor hai...saala thakre phir bhaunk raha hai...thoda support wupport do yaar..
lagta hai bihar chale gaye...aur baadhwa mein phans gaye hain....kono chatwa se noodles catch kar rahe honge..
chitralapai, that madarbh*gat is taking advantage of differences among us! i dont mind northies abusing southies or southies abusing northies. but pakis abusing Indians is where it crosses the line!

Captain R Harshan
Ashok Chakra, 2 PARA SF,
Indian Army.
Old September 16th, 2008, 04:13 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty View Post
He came through a vendor . Jab vendor ko confornt kiya to bola " Sorry sir we took him from someone else". I know those guys are not bad but I said " I dont care where you got him from but you should have been dilligent". Vo bhi second chance maang rahe hain but I already interviewd another back up candidate. this guy was local so I said you need to come in for face to face.
Yaar I know my domain. forget degrees , diploma, fake resume and experiance. If I talk to a guy for 10 mins , I can strip him naked and have sex with him.
Now, the problem with hiring consultants on short notice is you want someone to come in and do the job. Ref. check, degree check - no time for that.
I did get lot og Beefed up resume but I was able to weed those out. But poora ka poora banda change kar dena.
Never exp. this first hand.
Hmm.. so you faced what I have seen happen to our consulting firm about 7 to 8 years ago. We used to interview folks in India, and in two cases the guy who came here was different than the one we interviewed. Sorry to add to more stereotyping but both candidates were natives of Hyderabad.
Old September 16th, 2008, 04:19 PM
The NEo of Echarcha

JaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond repute

well tum log fake resume ki baat karte ho . my roomie had his degree certificates, transcripts and even his letter of references faked ..

So its a whole enterprise out there .!!!
Old September 16th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
Hmm.. so you faced what I have seen happen to our consulting firm about 7 to 8 years ago. We used to interview folks in India, and in two cases the guy who came here was different than the one we interviewed. Sorry to add to more stereotyping but both candidates were natives of Hyderabad.
I was trying to be fair. Now, I hired a marathi manoos from Bombay. Vaise bhi ghati log ki gaand main itni daring nahin hoti ki banda switch kar de.
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old September 16th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Senior eCharchan

Ravi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond repute

I hate Gultis not just because they fudge their resume, but also because typically 6 of them usually live in a single bedroom apartment with filthy bathrooms.
Old September 16th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Super eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
I hate Gultis not just because they fudge their resume, but also because typically 6 of them usually live in a single bedroom apartment with filthy bathrooms.
Thats because anyone can take any interview.